Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andy Reid - Boo or clap ?

124»

Comments

• Options
    Great player as @CAFCBourne said I cant believe someone in the lower reaches of the Prem havent signed him... I'd rather him that Taarabt at Fulham and he'd be perfect for Holloway at Palace (hate to say it)

I thought Reid was gonna drift that ball into the box hence why Hamer was caught out but was a great finish and was nice to see he didnt celebrate either
  • Options
    Thought he was great last night. Didn't have as much effect with his deliveries as he could though when he got to the left hand side because Lawrie Wilson marshalled him very well when he got in to threatening situations I thought.
  • Options
    Showed his class as a person last night, also. Was clearly delighted that he'd scored with a cross but played down the celebration out of respect for CAFC.
  • Options
    Got a good reception, which makes a change but I don't agree with our fans clapping after his name was given out as the scorer of their goal. Some did near me.
    Show respect for a good player before the game starts certainly but once the whistle goes he's the enemy. Found it very strange. I've clapped a good goal scored by the oppo as its happened but to acknowledge the name like some did last night felt odd to me.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Got a good reception, which makes a change but I don't agree with our fans clapping after his name was given out as the scorer of their goal. Some did near me.
    Show respect for a good player before the game starts certainly but once the whistle goes he's the enemy. Found it very strange. I've clapped a good goal scored by the oppo as its happened but to acknowledge the name like some did last night felt odd to me.

Yeah I've clapped a good goal in the past (Mark Viduka etc...) sometimes you just have to but saw Reid's goal as a bit lucky rather than class so definitely not worth clapping as an opposing fan
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

He's the class that we are missing, head and shoulders above everyone else, If he was still playing for us last night, we would have won easily.

Agreed. Best player on the pitch and didn't even look like he was trying. One of those that makes every game look so easy.

• Options
    I liked Andy Reid. I think Andy Reid has the best left foot since Colin Walsh. I was happy when we signed him, I was sorry to see him leave.

But of all the ex-players to clap, he's the only one since Scott Parker left that I kinda felt let down by, despite us making a profit on him. He played in a side that got relegated, then jumped ship before he could help us recover and got paid really well for it.

There's a lot of moaning about Parker leaving and what it cost us, but Reid left us in 5th, and we finished in 11th. Maybe financial constraints were the reason for selling him, and it's not his fault. But still, I bristle a little at the Andy Reid love-in.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

I liked Andy Reid. I think Andy Reid has the best left foot since Colin Walsh. I was happy when we signed him, I was sorry to see him leave.

But of all the ex-players to clap, he's the only one since Scott Parker left that I kinda felt let down by, despite us making a profit on him. He played in a side that got relegated, then jumped ship before he could help us recover and got paid really well for it.

There's a lot of moaning about Parker leaving and what it cost us, but Reid left us in 5th, and we finished in 11th. Maybe financial constraints were the reason for selling him, and it's not his fault. But still, I bristle a little at the Andy Reid love-in.

I think thats it Jimmy.

The guy is one of the best naturally talented footballers ive seen in a Charlton shirt and there wasnt enough man love for him when he was here.
  • Options
    I have actually stood up and clapped a goal before. Van Persie's volley
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

I think thats it Jimmy.

The guy is one of the best naturally talented footballers ive seen in a Charlton shirt and there wasnt enough man love for him when he was here.
    Seem to have it in my head that we, as a club, instigated the move exactly because of financial constraints. I think Reidy was quite happy here but, equally, no player is going to hang around if a club is looking to off-load them (Adebayor is obviously an exception to this!)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Last night I thought that NFFC Andy Reid FC had a great game.
  • Options
    I thought he was classy last night. TBH seeing him play was one of the main things I was looking forward to from the game. Glad I was wrong on that one. Impressed by him not celebrating.
  • Options
    cant clap an arsenal goal ever

he shinned it diz
  • Options
    Class in a glass, gutted we ever sold him , would still want him playing in our colours.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

I think Andy Reid has the best left foot since Colin Walsh.

Pity no one told Ben Hamer. We all knew that there was a good chance that he would hit the target.

Clapped Any Reid last night and as a penance booed Halford.

• Options
    Dizzle said:

I have actually stood up and clapped a goal before. Van Persie's volley

I would've stood up and clapped that, if he deserved to be on the pitch which he didn't as he should've been sent off earlier in the game FFS!!!
  • Options
    Might've clapped Patrick Berger's goal. It helps when there's not a huge amount riding on the game.