Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dorian Dervite Today

Comments

• Options
    Think that's the second week in a row??
  • Options
    I thought that was Mikel Alonso at left back for a second.
  • Options
    DD getting the benefit of being up against one of the poorest front lines we've seen all season as is clear by them being dramatically improved by Luke(warm) Varney (no relation)
    DD's first half against Bolton was hysterically bad, Djimi Traore bad.
    To be positive he has improved over the course of 8 days and 2.5 matches
  • Options
    Madness who the f--k watches these games no jacko ,solly , or kermogant in the team but dervite ok he did better but for the 1st 20 mins he was off the pace he passing was wayward he did get better but to put him in the team of the week is taking the piss.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I'm sure they pick out random players from teams who've had a decent result from said week.

Despite that ..he has shown a vast improvement over the last 3 games and looks steady ( for now)
    Technical ability is decent & he seems to be getting the better of his opponents in aerial battles...
    Just hope the chap can cut out the odd bad peformance.
  • Options
    Jarman said:

I'm sure they pick out random players from teams who've had a decent result from said week.

Despite that ..he has shown a vast improvement over the last 3 games and looks steady ( for now)
    Technical ability is decent & he seems to be getting the better of his opponents in aerial battles...
    Just hope the chap can cut out the odd bad peformance.

He's had a few games now and improved accordingly.

It's easy for fans (and I'm guilty too) to expect players to go from 0-90 so to speak in no time at all.

He played in the prem for Tottenham let's not forget so must have something about him.

John Boy might be able to give a view.
  • Options
    I think he could (with patience and game time) become the best 'technical' defender at the club. Morro is quick and aggressive but will 99% of the time lump the ball forward rather than try and pick a pass, and Cort is as likely to hit a ball vertically as to a team mate. This is not to denigrate either, they are both good players and I would keep them both if funding permitted, but Dervite could offer something a bit different. The best parallel I can think of is possibly El Karkouri, though hopefully without the brain farts than seemed to overcome Talal on a regular basis...
  • Options
    Personally think it's disgusting that he got a runaround first 20 minutes we he hasn't played in several months. He should just slot in like a robot.

In truth he's been very good since the poor start vs Bolton but seeing as he's the current scapegoat we'll gloss over that.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I wonder if Hughes playing in front of him cuts down the 'physical' work he is expected to do and leaves him able to play as more of a footballing centre half. Not that Hughes is anywhere near the player Scott Parker is but Ledley King says when Parker played in front of him it gave him about 40% less work to do due to all the running, tackling and harassing Parker would do.
  • Options
    Player of the year for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:

Personally think it's disgusting that he got a runaround first 20 minutes we he hasn't played in several months. He should just slot in like a robot.

This.

All players need a run of games in order to perform with consistancy.
    The benefits range from match fitness and good understanding with team mates, to increased confidence and composure on the ball.

Any player will tell you this, regardless of the standard played.
  • Options
    Most improved player. Hope he gets a new contract.
  • Options
    Dervite is another with a knack of scoring vital/useful goals as well as rapidly improving to become a very decent central defender .. does anyone know his contract situation |?

• Options
    He's changed my opinion massively.
  • Options

Dervite is another with a knack of scoring vital/useful goals as well as rapidly improving to become a very decent central defender .. does anyone know his contract situation |?

He reminds me of Semedo in a way - he was clearly a CB from the start and then got labelled as 'limited' player because he was expected to destroy and pass when that wasn't his game.

Good enough to be first choice at the moment certainly. Bring in a better CB in the summer and he'd be excellent as cover.
  • Options
    Definitley a CB, did well in CM away from home in a 5 man midfield but has shown recently with a run of games and a consistent partner (earlier in season when he played CB, he covered for Morro and Cort) he is a very useful CB. Without all his injuries he may have been playing at a higher level.

Hope he gets a new deal, with a full pre season, think he can be a big asset next season.
  • Options
    Still not sure about his opening 20 minutes in every game. Poster above mentions the Hughes factor and I'm inclined to agree with that. But it's a team game and this additional benefit of Hughes or a player like him is good for our centre backs. Need to see more of Dervite yet i think.
  • Options

Out of contract in the summer. I beleive he is on relatively low wages as he struggled to pass his medical with us... in fact he was about to sign for Huddersfield on double the wages until he failed a medical there... given he has done ok and not got injured there may be competition for his signature this summer.
  • Options

Out of contract in the summer. I beleive he is on relatively low wages as he struggled to pass his medical with us... in fact he was about to sign for Huddersfield on double the wages until he failed a medical there... given he has done ok and not got injured there may be competition for his signature this summer.
    thanks AC
  • Options
    Thought he was terrible in the first couple of games I saw but has improved a lot since then. Hope we keep him as he seems to have settled in well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Worth keeping, I like players that offer something in more than 1 position.
  • Options

Worth keeping, I like players that offer something in more than 1 position.

You sound like Alan Curbishley!
  • Options
    I have to confess I gave him plenty of pelters a few games ago, but now he must be first choice ahead of Cort at CB.
  • Options
    I think he's a really good cb. That is his natural position and we were not playing him in it. Between him and Morrison they are relatively young and both very good at this level. If we can keep Solly and wiggins that's a decent back 4. You won't find too many goalkeepers that are better than Ben Hamer in this division either.

All good teams are built on a solid defence. With Cort, Taylor, mambo maybe, Ceddy we have replacements who can perform at this level (Perhaps there is a question mark On Mambo)

Now we just need to get the midfield sorted as that is largely acknowledged to be our weak point
  • Options
    Stupid french twat?
  • Options
    A good example of the dangers of premature evaluation
  • Options
    Funny though.
  • Options
    The away match against the spanners showed what DD brings to the team.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Haven't been to often this season but Millwall away he was excellent.
  • Options
    I don't think he played in the Prem for Tottenham but he did appear in the first team away at Port Vale in the League Cup.This is his wiki entry.

Dervite started his career with French club Lille but in July 2006 he moved to England to join and train in the Tottenham Hotspur youth academy. He made his competitive debut for Tottenham in the 3–1 win over Port Vale in the League Cup 4th round on 8 November 2006 where he partnered Michael Dawson in the heart of the Spurs defence.
    Dervite suffered a knee injury while playing for the Spurs reserve side during a friendly match against Norwich City in early January 2007, which kept him out for several months. In January 2009, Dervite joined Southend United on loan until the end of the season. Dervite came second in Southend's player of the season vote after a very successful loan.He then signed for Villarreal B where he played 23 league matches, making his debut against Las Palmas. Dervite left Villarreal B to sign for English Championship side Charlton Athletic. Dervite scored his first Charlton goal in a 1-1 draw away at Leeds.

Dervite has represented France at U-15, U-16, U-17 an U-18 levels, he plays at international level for France U-19. He has been a regular for France's youth teams and has captained them on occasions. He was called up to the Under-21 squad to face Estonia and England.He has been called for the international Toulon Tournament again with the U21, then against Poland and for the U21 European Championship qualifiers against Lithuania and Ukraine.[citation needed] he scored his first goal for France in a home draw with Poland U21 on the 12th August 2009 with a 80th minute shot to make it 2-1 to France with the game ending 2-2,his last game for the Under-21's came in their 3-1 away win over Slovenia U21 on 5th September 2009.