Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jaaskelainen

Comments

• Options
    good goal, better than Danny Haynes strike at Leicester? Nope.
  • Options

How old is he now? Seems to have been around for ever.

I think he's 37 but I could be wrong
  • Options
    Amazed he didn't finish his career at Bolton. Spent 15 years there and played about 500 games.
  • Options
    Have to admit that I'm quite superstitious these days and made the decision that I wasnt going to watch last nights game as had a dodgy feeling about it so thought best to go to the Gym and just find out the score as I got home. Switched on expecting the worst tbh. As much as Bale has been on fire last 7-8 games or so, he still blows far too hot and cold for me.

From what I've seen of the rerun, Dembele was more than lucky to stay on.

Love the way AVB acts like a fan, he literally kicks every ball and proper celebrates when they score.

You know what, am really pleased for AVB that its beginning to click now. He was getting all kinds of stick in the early stages of the season from a section of the support but there seems to be a togetherness in the squad now that we havent had in bloody years, we're playing football the Tottenham way and its paying off. Roll on the NLD on Sunday. Going to be one hell of a day out :)

• Options
    uncle said:

Sums what up? Is deliberate handball not an instant yellow card? So having already been booked he has to go..... He gave the free kick so he has to give the card. A freekick is not always a booking but you are being judge and jury. I'm just stating a fact. So why was the football shit tonight? West ham were undone by a fantastic goal with a minute to go against one of the best teams in the league. Not sure that was shit tonight but each to their own. You are obviously used to watching Barca or someone like that.

I didnt say the football was s**t , i said that Whammers football is S**t - they play more hoofball than we do, and hack you down evry time you get near their penalty area. Would you rather have someone sent off for handball than hacking someone down in a shooting position ? I'm not saying either that either is right, but for me, lets get it in perspective sometimes.A bit like i think its wrong that a keeper gets a red when he brings a player down in the box-surely a pen and a yellow is sufficient.
    Would you rather watch West Ham or Spurs play? - imo , a team that is trying play football should get more of the 'rub-of-thegreen' than a team that is trying to hack you to death.
    My mate asked me if i wanted to go tonight but i politely declined as i said that i could see 75 per cent of the game by standing outside the ground !
  • Options
    oiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Uncle we know shit when we see it Ok !!

that wasnt.

Bail yes he is special but Parker ran thatgame in the second half
  • Options
    I seem to remember Jaaskalailen, had a similar stormer for Bolton agaist us in FA cup and helped knock us out at the Reebock
  • Options
    Yep, was there that day, saved everything, even point blank efforts, goal mouth scrambles, was unbelievable.
  • Options
    Always knew AVB was going to be a very good manager, it was obvious looking at what he did with Porto. Chelsea's loss will be Tottenham's gain.
  • Options
    I can remember asking, back in 2007, why a teenage left back from Southampton was worth £5 million whereas our current England right back was only worth £2.5 million.

Time has provided the answer!

• Sponsored links:

• Options

uncle said:

Sums what up? Is deliberate handball not an instant yellow card? So having already been booked he has to go..... He gave the free kick so he has to give the card. A freekick is not always a booking but you are being judge and jury. I'm just stating a fact. So why was the football shit tonight? West ham were undone by a fantastic goal with a minute to go against one of the best teams in the league. Not sure that was shit tonight but each to their own. You are obviously used to watching Barca or someone like that.

I didnt say the football was s**t , i said that Whammers football is S**t - they play more hoofball than we do, and hack you down evry time you get near their penalty area. Would you rather have someone sent off for handball than hacking someone down in a shooting position ? I'm not saying either that either is right, but for me, lets get it in perspective sometimes.A bit like i think its wrong that a keeper gets a red when he brings a player down in the box-surely a pen and a yellow is sufficient.
    Would you rather watch West Ham or Spurs play? - imo , a team that is trying play football should get more of the 'rub-of-thegreen' than a team that is trying to hack you to death.
    My mate asked me if i wanted to go tonight but i politely declined as i said that i could see 75 per cent of the game by standing outside the ground !
    I take it you watch a lot of West Ham then! Strange that for a Charlton supporter. Who's perspective are we getting this into? Your's I take it. I have watched west Ham for years playing nice football and getting nothing so don't start telling me who should get the rub of the green. West Ham are doing what Is needed to stay in a league they dare not get relegated from. If Tottenham played Charlton you would be screaming blue murder if your defence just sat back and let bale do what he want's just because it looks pretty. In my opinion it takes two teams to make a good game not one, West ham played their part in a cracking match. Lets not forget, I've probably been to more Charlton matches than you have West ham ones so I know a little about what I'm saying.... You are sadly letting your dislike for a team ruin any valid point you try to make. And in answer to your question (although a bloody stupid one) I would rather watch West Ham. Who would you rather watch Palace or Charlton?
  • Options
    no hamster can debate how good football is you all live in the unglorious past when the shammers ruled the world of football
  • Options
    smiley faced thing hows your hang over
  • Options
    My West Ham mate has been moaning about Jaska all season.He reckons Allardyce tried to sign Robinson in the window to replace him
  • Options
    The style of Allardyce's teams is no more or less valid as a way of playing football than anything else. Not always as easy on the eye, but results are priority number one especially in the modern top flight. What annoys me about Allardyce is that he bases a large chunck of his team's approach around pushing the limits of what is and isn't a foul. His Bolton team used to get away with stuff other sides didn't. Stoke are very similar these days too.

Despite this, both Allardyce and Pullis are two of the worst culprits for blaming every dropped point on something the referee apparently did or didn't do during the game. He may well have had a point about Dembele last night, but he's the boy who cried wolf when it comes to bad refereeing so I tend to just tune it out these days.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Have to admit that I'm quite superstitious these days and made the decision that I wasnt going to watch last nights game as had a dodgy feeling about it so thought best to go to the Gym and just find out the score as I got home. Switched on expecting the worst tbh. As much as Bale has been on fire last 7-8 games or so, he still blows far too hot and cold for me.

Love the way AVB acts like a fan, he literally kicks every ball and proper celebrates when they score.

You know what, am really pleased for AVB that its beginning to click now. He was getting all kinds of stick in the early stages of the season from a section of the support but there seems to be a togetherness in the squad now that we havent had in bloody years, we're playing football the Tottenham way and its paying off. Roll on the NLD on Sunday. Going to be one hell of a day out :)

I've got a mate who supports Tottenham he said the same about bale, he said he probably isnt even their best player this year..... Probably changed his mind now but, funny to see you saying similar. If you dont see the player all the time its hard to get an accurate assessment. Cant really judge on edited highlights on match of the day. Was a good game though... Fitting for the occasion I think. Good luck sunday, should be another good one.
  • Options

The style of Allardyce's teams is no more or less valid as a way of playing football than anything else. Not always as easy on the eye, but results are priority number one especially in the modern top flight. What annoys me about Allardyce is that he bases a large chunck of his team's approach around pushing the limits of what is and isn't a foul. His Bolton team used to get away with stuff other sides didn't. Stoke are very similar these days too.

Despite this, both Allardyce and Pullis are two of the worst culprits for blaming every dropped point on something the referee apparently did or didn't do during the game. He may well have had a point about Dembele last night, but he's the boy who cried wolf when it comes to bad refereeing so I tend to just tune it out these days.

I remember a game at Fulham when Allardyce was Bolton manager. They had 7 players booked and 1 or 2 sent off in the first half. Sam's genius excuse was that it was unfair that the ref and lino were in radio contact and that he hadn't been told that was the case. Maybe if he'd been told his instructions to his players wouldn't have been "whenever the ref's back is turn give the nearest Fulham player a sly dig". That isn't pushing the limits of what is a foul, that is simple cheating. Would love to see a system like rugby where clubs can cite players for foul play not picked up by the officials during the game.

• Options
    he was absolute mustard yest
  • Options
    uncle said:

uncle said:

And in answer to your question (although a bloody stupid one) I would rather watch West Ham. Who would you rather watch Palace or Charlton?
    Quite obviously by your comment you have zero appreciation for good football.Are you a closet West Ham fan?

'Who would you rather watch Palace or Charlton?' - what bloody stupid comparison is that ?!

West Ham play shit football, sorry it upsets you so much !
  • Options

uncle said:

uncle said:

And in answer to your question (although a bloody stupid one) I would rather watch West Ham. Who would you rather watch Palace or Charlton?
    Quite obviously by your comment you have zero appreciation for good football.Are you a closet West Ham fan?

'Who would you rather watch Palace or Charlton?' - what bloody stupid comparison is that ?!

He isn't a closet west ham fan, he IS a west ham fan.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    uncle said:

JohnBoyUK said:

I've got a mate who supports Tottenham he said the same about bale, he said he probably isnt even their best player this year..... Probably changed his mind now but, funny to see you saying similar. If you dont see the player all the time its hard to get an accurate assessment. Cant really judge on edited highlights on match of the day. Was a good game though... Fitting for the occasion I think. Good luck sunday, should be another good one.
    Have watched all last night's game now. Thought a draw would have been a fair result on reflection.

I've probably only missed 3 games all season. Normally watch on a decent stream these days when the games havent been televised. In all seriousness, I wouldnt even have Bale in my top five. Until he got injured, Sandro would have been top, followed closely by Lloris, Dembele, Dawson and Lennon. We've struggled when there is no natural left-footed outlet in the side when Bale has been double-marked and he goes wandering. It makes a huge difference having Assou-Ekotto or Vertonghen at LB which makes us so much more balanced. It doesnt really work when Kyle Naughton has filled in there.

Should be a cracker on Sunday. Just hope Adebayor shows some interest. He seriously confuses me. One moment he's completely unplayable, the next he looks as though he wants to be anywhere but on a football pitch! Think we'll need a fair amount of luck. Would happily take a point now if offered.

Think West Ham will stay up. Might be on a bad run right now but they've got some quality there and Carroll will score goals given service and keeping him out the treatment room.

• Options
    To be fair to Allardyce, his Bolton side played some lovely footballer in his earlier years there. Look at some of the players he managed there - Claus Jensen, Gudjohnsen, Djorkaeff, Campo, Hierro and Okocha. He did what he had to in order to survive with the players he had.

Look what happened to Bolton after he left and Blackburn and Newcastle. All relegated.

West Ham have tried to play football in this league before and look where it got them. They haven't got the players for it now and they have never looked in any danger this season and will comfortably stay up due to Allardyce.
  • Options
    Lol uncle a closet wet spam

He is a full blown iron came out of the closet years ago

Sorry pal couldn't resist 8)
  • Options

uncle said:

uncle said:

He isn't a closet west ham fan, he IS a west ham fan.

Ah right, that says it all.
    Unc, i always thought Wham fans were a bit thick - well done, you've just verified it.

Carry on watching Kevin Nolan and Andy Carroll mate, they are quite obviously right up at your cognitive disability level.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Gets the popcorn out.
    Brings to mind that phrase "do you know who you are talking to" ?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Ah right, that says it all.
    Unc, i always thought Wham fans were a bit thick - well done, you've just verified it.

Carry on watching Kevin Nolan and Andy Carroll mate, they are quite obviously right up at your cognitive disability level.

Ahh bless I think I'm being bullied, I will be in the Lib and the Cons club before the Millwall home game, come and discuss it there instead of throwing childish insults over the internet.... I'm done with you now, you've bored me.

Johnboy you've named exactly the same players my mate did. Really hope you win Sunday I hate them

NLA you're forgiven I really didn't know it was such a big secret on here....I need to promote myself better.
  • Options
    I have seen quite a few west ham games in the past couple of years as a mate has a season ticket. They get the ball forward quickly, and they do put plenty of crosses into thr box. However, they are not a hoof ball team per se. They often play the ball through the midfield with noble and diame (who is a beast) and get the ball out to the wings. Thereare many ways to win a football match, you dont get 3 points for playing 'good football',

I suggest mr president, that you go to the Boleyn and actually watch them instead of judging in your armchair.

• Options
    Jussi is a funny one for me. Hugely unconventional for a goalie. He twists in the air (which means he took off from the wrong leg) but manages to get something in the way quite a lot. Positionally not the greatest either.

He's been doing it for a long time at the top level so obviously got something about him but he must be a managers nightmare - most want a no-frills goalie who does the simple things whereas Jussi manages to make everything look like a Hollywood save
  • Options

I have seen quite a few west ham games in the past couple of years as a mate has a season ticket. They get the ball forward quickly, and they do put plenty of crosses into thr box. However, they are not a hoof ball team per se. They often play the ball through the midfield with noble and diame (who is a beast) and get the ball out to the wings. Thereare many ways to win a football match, you dont get 3 points for playing 'good football',

I suggest mr president, that you go to the Boleyn and actually watch them instead of judging in your armchair.

That is how Bolton played too. Pure long ball football is too one dimensional to be succesful in the top flight. What Allardyce's teams do so well is presurise the second ball. They will be quite direct and they have big lumps like Carrol and Kevin Davies who make a real nuisance of themselves and make it very hard for teams to clear their lines. They then work very hard to win second balls around the edge of the box and once they do, they actually have some decent ball players. It's just a shame he's such a prick.

• Options

That is how Bolton played too. Pure long ball football is too one dimensional to be succesful in the top flight. What Allardyce's teams do so well is presurise the second ball. They will be quite direct and they have big lumps like Carrol and Kevin Davies who make a real nuisance of themselves and make it very hard for teams to clear their lines. They then work very hard to win second balls around the edge of the box and once they do, they actually have some decent ball players. It's just a shame he's such a prick.

Yep, agree...they keep the ball alive in dangerous areas and force mistskes. Nolan is very important to them too, scores and creates so many goals. He is a unit as well.