Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football for a Fiver

2»

Comments

• Options
    I thought footy for a fiver had generally been replaced by Jackson Fives. Whjich I personally think is a better idea as it gets a bit more committment from fans and most peopel can make five games in a season. It also stops them all swarming one week and none the next.
    Can you use Jackson Fives for high priced games though?
  • Options
    DRF. Not replaced as far as I know. Both schemes have teneded to run side-by-side. Last year I used vouchers for normal games and then got 5 quid tickets when available.
  • Options

Macronate said:

however, if a player does something bad, you can hit the red button for the cost of a £1 (which is put in the club coffers) sending an electric shock through the player so severe that it momentarily causes him to forget he is on a football pitch.

some might say some don't require the electric shock to momentarily forget they're on a football pitch.
    some might say it was waste of good electricity

• Options
    DRF said:

I thought footy for a fiver had generally been replaced by Jackson Fives. Whjich I personally think is a better idea as it gets a bit more committment from fans and most peopel can make five games in a season. It also stops them all swarming one week and none the next.
    Can you use Jackson Fives for high priced games though?

They're not called "Jackson 5" anymore as according to the man himself they weren't prepared to up his image rites on the back of last seasons one so he refused permission.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Am I imagining it, or did a club once refund fans following a terrible performance?

Wigan's players refunded the fans after they were beaten 9-1 at Tottenham.
  • Options
    Paid 215 + 49 + 49 for the 3 of us for the season in NE Quad. Outstanding value, even if the performances have been dodgy at times.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I had Burnley down for a price promotion, although I was minded to make it £10/£5. All these things are tentative so I can't say if it would have happened in practice. The only remaining game that could be used in this way is Bristol City, but that would depend on where City are, as well as us.

Similarly with the £30 price, this was meant to be used sparingly and based on circumstances, as well as take-up. I think I'd be cautious based on home results to date.

The Jackson/Super Five offer has nothing to do with Football for A Fiver - different target market entirely.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

I would say I got my ST 'wish you were here' pack earlier this week. very compelling and did look at the prices and start working out how to pay for it but Mr Sausage wasn't as enthusiastic about committing to 2 season tickets for the year. :-s

"Mr Sausage" ha ha ha ha PMSL
    My other half calls me Mr Sausage in "certain situations" too....
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

buckshee said:

I would say I got my ST 'wish you were here' pack earlier this week. very compelling and did look at the prices and start working out how to pay for it but Mr Sausage wasn't as enthusiastic about committing to 2 season tickets for the year. :-s

whilst eating a fry up?
  • Options

CAFCTrev said:

buckshee said:

whilst eating a fry up?
    No.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Uboat said:

Am I imagining it, or did a club once refund fans following a terrible performance?

Wigan shipped nine or 10 goals playing away and the players refunded their travelling fans.

That puts our "awful" performances in perspective a little...I.e. implying we should get a refund for losing 2-0...

The super five can be used at premium matches. My partner and I have got one the last two years and find them brilliant - it's always the number if games we can get to from late December to the end of the season. We don't but season tickets because we can't make it to so many games and its nice to get a bulk discount.
  • Options
    bolton game on the 30th is a fiver.
  • Options
    Started a friend going for a fiver,he has been to about twenty games over two seasons,now calls charlton us, so in this case I would say it worked well.
  • Options

bolton game on the 30th is a fiver.

No it's not.
  • Options
    had to ring the ticket office again cos i swear thats what the machine said. turns out its for under 18s or something.

so.... nothing to see here...
  • Options
    The following has been pasted from the OS

Tickets for the visit of Bolton Wanderers on Saturday, March 30th (3pm) are now on general sale with standard matchday prices applying. As part of a special offer, season-ticket holders can purchase up to two extra adult places for just £10 apiece and up to two U18 tickets for just £5 apiece. The additional tickets must be located in the same stand as the purchaser’s season ticket. Places can be bought online - but the special offer to season-ticket holders is not available online. With the cheapest adult ticket for the match against Bolton priced £20, fans will save at least £10 on each adult place they purchase, while the U18 rate is half-price
  • Options
    We'll be having some of that.