Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs. Burnley | 2nd March 2013 | Match Preview, Teams, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Looking forward for the third double of the season.
  • Options
    A long overdue home win :

CAFC 2 v Burnley 0
  • Options
    Charlton line up 442 with Haynes and Fuller up front. After a slow start and crowd frustration, a Johnnie Jackson goal on 30 minutes settles the nerves. Haynes adds a second on 70 minutes to seal an ultimately comfortable victory. Fights follow on Charlton life between those who think we can still make the play-offs and the "powell is clueless" crew who lament how we would have beaten forest if we had played 442.
  • Options
    Game is abandoned on 85 minutes when we score our seventh goal which sparks a custard pie fight in the west stand between two hairy Mammoths who have mistaken the Valley for Jurassic park. God this stuffs really good!
  • Options
    small steps.

just hoping for a shot on target.
  • Options
    2-0 us I hope because I haven't been able to go since Boxing Day that & we are bringing 4 Norwegians with us. One of em looks like a young unstressed untired Alan Curbishley.
  • Options

2-0 us I hope because I haven't been able to go since Boxing Day that & we are bringing 4 Norwegians with us. One of em looks like a young unstressed untired Alan Curbishley.

Don't let him sit anywhere near the directors box or else we'll have another rumours thread.

• Options
    Err, don't know. Bit of a cliche but the first 20 minutes will be vital I think. Burnley aren't all that, it may be a case of who plays least shite.
  • Options
    After a full week of contemplation, and bearing in mind I can't make the match against The Spanners, I go to the match in hope. Surely to god CP has learnt from last week let's get two up front, Wilson in for Pritchard who looks a bit shot for confidence at the moment, repair Stephens radar so he can pick out a red shirt and go on to win. Somehow I think we will, not easily but by the odd goal which is good enough.
  • Options
    Given our terrible home form logic suggests that we're getting a maximum of a point from this game. However, I'm ignoring that, and going for an optimistic 2-0 home win.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lol maybe_baby we're in the East Stand so unless he streaks across the pitch no fear of that, he's more cheerful & it's more Curbs\Gritty days. Think that's why maybe he's now got a soft spot for us.
  • Options
    2 -1 Charlton .Fuller and Jackson on target and a Hamer House of Horrors o/g following a bundle from Austin that the ref and lino will miss.
  • Options
    0-1 Burnley score in last minute of time added on with eleven Charlton players camped in the 6 yard box.
  • Options
    Haven't got a bloody clue! So, will say 1-1.
  • Options
    I have got a good feeling about this one 2-1 to us after being 2-0 up at half time.Austin for them,Fuller and Haynes for us.
  • Options
    Austin will score, we won't. Another home defeat. Suspect this will be our lowest home league gate of the season.
  • Options
    A surprise 2-0 win. Kerm and waggy with the goals
  • Options
    Very difficult to get enthusiastic about this one. Two mediocre teams in poor form, poor pitch and it'll be a cold day. Bet it's an absolute cracker......,!
  • Options
    Cousin Dan skipping it as fed up with home form so we will win 4-1 with two late goals for us flattering the score...

a real memory of Burnley at the Valley for me was losing in around 92/92? being abused by 6/7 of them outside as I walked to my car, "Chorlton and the Wheelies, Sh@t ground no fans yada yada"

I was with a mate and we tried to play it cool by saying "listen lads youve had a good day, its not a nice area so you would be better getting in your van and scarpering before something happens" they just laughed.......

I got inside my then new XR2i and was sat in traffic Rathmore Rd trying to join Woolwich Road when their minibus came flying round the corner under attack from a mob, they nudged me up the kerb out of the way as the van windows went in etc, it was over before it started but was that hire van wrecked! wonder if any of them will be there tomorrow?
  • Options

I don't think Kermy will score as he is banned.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

That would be a miracle, ORH !

"And to complete the scoring for the home side, The Beast scores with an overhead kick from his seat in the West Stand !"

• Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

a real memory of Burnley at the Valley for me was losing in around 92/92? being abused by 6/7 of them outside as I walked to my car, "Chorlton and the Wheelies, Sh@t ground no fans yada yada"

I got inside my then new XR2i and was sat in traffic Rathmore Rd trying to join Woolwich Road when their minibus came flying round the corner under attack from a mob

Was a bit later than that, about 1996. Must have been the same minivan I saw getting attacked, on one of the roads parallel to Woolwich Road. Think it was because they smashed up the Antigallican in the cup the season before.

• Options
    edited March 2013
    your probably right Red Panda put a dent in my car though, I have often wondered how much it cost them as it was a local Burnley hire van, I remember it like it was last week but 17 years ago...
  • Options
    We have had some bad results at home to Burnley and the Andy Gray goals cost us in more ways than one. Their strike force is good and I back Austin again to be giving the Covered End stick for no real reason as he scores the only goal, 1-0 Burnley.
  • Options
    Can't go this week so I suspect I'll miss a 4-3 thriller.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

SE7toSG3 said:

I got inside my then new XR2i and was sat in traffic Rathmore Rd trying to join Woolwich Road when their minibus came flying round the corner under attack from a mob

Was a bit later than that, about 1996. Must have been the same minivan I saw getting attacked, on one of the roads parallel to Woolwich Road. Think it was because they smashed up the Antigallican in the cup the season before.

They smashed up the Antigallican? How could you tell?
  • Options
    haven't a bloody clue...........but can't be as bad as last week.

a lucky 1-0 win.
  • Options
    Danny Green to come off the bench and liven up a dull match by putting in a cross for the winning goal.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Danny Green to come off the bench and liven up a dull match by putting in a cross for the winning goal.

Very much hope this comes true but suspect I have as much chance of being involved as Danny has.
  • Options
    complete change in team set up - all out attack, 4-2 win