Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs. Burnley | 2nd March 2013 | Match Preview, Teams, Predictions, News & Views

13»

Comments

• Options
    Going to this one. Don't expect a miracle so 1-1 draw. Be happy to see us score after the Forest game but hoping for a lot more shots on goal. With Yann out also looking to see a lot more balls being played out from goalkeeper/defence using the midfield instead of the mindless/hopeful long punt up to Yann every time. The first 20 minutes will be crucial. COYR!
  • Options
    Fancy us to win this 2-0, match thread will be on from 2.00 pm, see you all then.
  • Options
    For some daft reason I'm expecting a reaction from CP and the players, a much improved performance and a comfy win.

*wibble...wibble*
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

A surprise 2-0 win. Kerm and waggy with the goals

I don't think Kermy will score as he is banned.

Silly me :D

Ill change that to jacko then
  • Options

A surprise 2-0 win. Kerm and waggy with the goals

That would be a miracle, ORH !

"And to complete the scoring for the home side, The Beast scores with an overhead kick from his seat in the West Stand !"

He is the beast fanny. Anything can happen
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited March 2013
    I am feeling hopeful today. Charlton have been pretty consistent give or take the odd result (Ipswich and Watford) with teams we have beaten, drawn and lost too. We beat Burnley away and I think we could complete a third double off the season (Leicester, Blackpool) to match the third double against us (Sheff Weds, Palace and Forest). We drew against Birmingham, conceeding late on, in both matches in games we should have won, home and away.

With total hindsight the utterly defensive formation against Forest with Dervite did not work as Stephens and our midfield had no out. If KMG had not allowed him to be wound up and put in a position to be sent off by the obliging officials, we may have got to half time, re organised and with Haynes on, we had a bit of pace to trouble Forest. Forest were the better team but they had no real clear openings before KMG was sent off. What came after was predictable and hard to watch, but these things happen in football and we got take it on the chin and move on. Charlton have some great results this season, and there is no reason why another spirited, and hard working performance can take the points.

The crowd can give some solid support to Chris Powell and the players. It sounded pretty good from the North stand against Forest, particularly in the early part of the game. It would be excellent to hear more of the same. Like at Cardiff, it could make the difference.

COYRs.

• Options

2-0 us I hope because I haven't been able to go since Boxing Day that & we are bringing 4 Norwegians with us. One of em looks like a young unstressed untired Alan Curbishley.

I think it's time the club introduced an annual 'bring a Norwegian' day. Half price entry for anyone who brings one along.

• Options
    Well as half of you lot have clearly lost your faith in Charlton and probably returned to your armchairs for this one - I'm going to go with a tight 1-0 win. COYR
  • Options
    I'd like to see us go out and attack the game from the start, having Yann out is a loss as Fuller and Haynes won't be able to last 90 minutes
  • Options
    No doubt another scary afternoon, when we'll find it difficult to beat yet another run-of- the-mill champ side whose form happens to be dodgy too. We all know we must start doing it at home to take the away-day pressure off us, but when's it gonna happen?! Please be today!!
    I won't be there unfortunately, so will go and take the dog for a long walk to stay away from the game - too nervous to follow online!!! 1-1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i have lost faith and dont expect anything but a shitawful game-----but im still going.
  • Options

i have lost faith and dont expect anything but a shitawful game-----but im still going.

Is anyone else going?

I thought it was just me and my new 9 year old football buddy.

At least that's three of us.

• Options
    Three from this house going. I'm hoping to see a much better performance than last time out at the Valley.
  • Options
    I'm sure I'm wrong, ( Me & 'puters eh ?) but, just read this on Twitter:

AFC Bournemouth ‏@afcbournemouth
    Not got a ticket for today's match? Listen to the commentary on Cherries Player for free as part of a free trial throughout March. #afcb

I "think" its "possible" to listen to other games on Player, isn't it ?
  • Options
    From Cawley: Reckon Ricardo Fuller and Jonathan Obika will both start for #cafc today.
  • Options
    The worm will turn today. I will be cheering the lads on to a 3-1 win with Obika scoring his first of many in an Addicks shirt.
  • Options
    No solly, Stephen's or kermo. Gonna be a long afternoon
  • Options
    Hamer has just tweeted Andy Hughes is in the 18.
  • Options
    2-1 win .....just
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Austin will score, we won't. Another home defeat. Suspect this will be our lowest home league gate of the season.

Oh happy days !
  • Options
    With our home form, a team low in confidence and the state of the pitch I can't see beyond a Burnley win, I'm afraid.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Very brave team selection by Powell, If this goes wrong a certain group of supporters will be in meltdown
  • Options
    Need an extra man in midfield and that was before their goal
  • Options
    Not sticking up front also
  • Options

Austin will score, we won't. Another home defeat. Suspect this will be our lowest home league gate of the season.

Oh happy days !
    Ha, wasn't wrong though eh? :-(