Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sleep.....

How many hours do you get a night / day?

Poor sleep linked to heart failure, Norwegian study says

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-21667943

Comments

• Options
    Average about 6 in the week. Weekends can be absolutely anything
  • Options
    No more than 4 hrs a night anymore is pointless as I feel worse than I do if I have 4 hrs
  • Options
    8 hours solid every night without fail. Has been ever since giving up alcohol.
  • Options
    7-8 Hours most nights in the week, weekends 4.
  • Options
    on average 6 hours a night, doesn't feel like enough though
  • Options
    About 6 I'm up at half five every morning so depending on when I skid into my pit dictates how much kip I take. Always feel like shit first thing though
  • Options
    About 7 hours, bed at about 10.30, up at 5.30.
  • Options
    Average about five or six I would say, had a heart attack in October, so probably bears out the claim.
  • Options
    Usually about 7 but almost always up in the night for a pee - sad side effect of being in late 50s!
  • Options
    was about 8 or 9 but since the baby about 6
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    6 with the baby wow you are lucky
  • Options
    yeah we've had a right touch
  • Options
    minutes
  • Options
    I have slept like crap the past few months, I find it way too hard to switch off so I'll go for a disturbed and inconsistent 6.
  • Options
    About 7, but that will change in July, firstborn on the way! Love my sleep too, me, so will be difficult!!
  • Options
    NOTHING prepares you for lack of sleep with a baby.

Even if people think only need feeding every 4 hours so get them off at say 10pm give em a feed at 2 and in the morning at 6 when get up.

In reality:

9/10 pm Try to get them off to sleep.
    12am - get them off to sleep.
    2am - they wake for an early feed.
    3 am - finish their feed.
    4 am - finally get them back to sleep after their feed
    6 am - another feed and off to work.

• Options
    Not enough........
    (Probably why I'm always Miserable......)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I read a study (can't remember) where which said that people who need less sleep tend to live longer.

I don't think that we can presume that it's lack of sleep that leads to poor health. Perhaps poor health leads to a poor sleep pattern.
  • Options
    I tend to get an average of 6 hours. I echo the sentiment about having babies though. Nothing can get you ready for the lack of sleep.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Even if people think only need feeding every 4 hours so get them off at say 10pm give em a feed at 2 and in the morning at 6 when get up.

In reality:

It was like this at the start and real graft but shes 7 weeks now and feeds at 12 and sleeps through till i get up for work. Guess we've been really lucky she likes her kip!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

In reality:

I'll raise you, teething !!!!!!

My youngest is really suffering.His screams go right through walls,people....anything in their path really.

6 hours.pah! sleepings for wimps ;-(
  • Options
    Not enough.
  • Options
    Oh i could really do with another home game to catch up on my sleep.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

In reality:

Cheers for that! I'm torn between as many lie ins as possible now while I can, or starting ti train myself into getting up early!
  • Options
    I often took the night shifts when ours was little as thought it easier to be me tired at work then for the missus to be shattered and then trying to look after him all day as well.

Then I inadvertently bought up a load of sub prime mortgage portfolios on behalf of RBS and everyone got the hump.
  • Options
    7.5 hours in bed, between 6-7 hours asleep. A full 7.5 appears to be the optimal time, I just can't get myself to go to bed in time for it.
  • Options
    bed at 10.30/11, get up 6.30... as for sleep, that very much depends on the baby. some night, I'll be lucky to get 3 hours in total. teething/colds/feeding. It never ends
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

In reality:

Cheers for that! I'm torn between as many lie ins as possible now while I can, or starting ti train myself into getting up early!
    When we had our first child I finally understood why sleep deprivation was the torture of choice for Stalin's secret police. I'd have confessed to anything just to get a couple of hours.
  • Options
    As a student it currently fluctuates depending on my workload, right now I've spent only about 5 hours sleeping as I've got so much to get done. During quiet periods I've been known to sleep 12-13 hours.
  • Options
    weekday no more than 6 hours a night........sometimes less than 5 if I stay up to watch cricket or a late film.

weekends I do like a lie-in...........so catch up then by having anything up to 9 hours !!