Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Six degrees of separation

Comments

• Options
    Ooh thanks McBobbin, thought I was going to have to go for my rather tenous connection to Thandie Newton (she was the year below me at university), but somewhere at my parents' house there's a photo of my Grandad shaking hands with the Pope (John Paul II). And I must've shaken Grandad's hand at some point
  • Options
    Have shaken hands with Princess Di and Kylie Minogue. Presumably both hands have been in some interesting places.
  • Options
    My wife was in the same class at uni as Darius Danesh. He seems like the sort of berk to shake classmates' hands. There's every chance that he's touched Mylene Klass' hand, as they were in the same pop factor year... tenuous but good enough for me.
  • Options
    I've shaken hands with Bill Clinton and Keith Peacock. Keith let me introduce Monica.........
  • Options
    After a long and varied career, my list includes the following : Paul Daniels, Mary Quant, John Motson, Robert Powell, David Jacobs, Richard Murray, Tommy Cooper, Bob Monkhouse, Chris Powell, Lynn Davies, Peter Reid, Juan Carlos before he became King of Spain, and the entire QPR team in 1947.
  • Options
    Met and shook hands with Rex Grignon, the head of animation at dreamworks, who has shaken the hands of Steven Spielburg, who has then shaken the hands of many hollywood greats.
  • Options
    Shaken hands with my father-in-law who has shaken hands with Bill Oddie
  • Options
    Riviera said:

I've shaken hands with Kevin Bacon.
    I win.

No you do not. I shook hands with the then current President of the United States. No one tops that. Ever, not even the Queen.
  • Options
    Come on, somebody must have shaken hands with George Michael. Think!
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Riviera said:

I win.

No you do not. I shook hands with the then current President of the United States. No one tops that. Ever, not even the Queen.
    not even Bill Oddie ??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I flipping kissed him and chased him round the Lyceum when he was straight, before Wham were famous. I have some old pics somewhere....
  • Options
    Oakster said:

Curb_It said:

Riviera said:

I win.

not even Bill Oddie ??
    No!

• Options
    Curb_It said:

Riviera said:

I win.

No you do not. I shook hands with the then current President of the United States.
    Just his hand? Unusual for him if it was.....
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

I flipping kissed him and chased him round the Lyceum when he was straight, before Wham were famous. I have some old pics somewhere....
    What do you mean "When he was straight"? As if he ever was! Why do think you had to chase him?
  • Options
    Gonna have to cut this short as I've got to get my bike on the 49 from Charing Cross.

Valiant Phil comes a close second with Colonel G, BUT.... blood was on his hands where as it wasn't on Bill Clinton's.

So,,,,,,,,, Curb_it wins the three months supply of Marmite, mainly for owning up to that one, and chasing George Michael round the Lyceum.

You can pick your winnings up from Charlton Liberal club at 9am Sunday, when I've got band practise.

I'll be the one with the horn.

Well done.

• Options
    Curb_It said:

Oakster said:

Curb_It said:

Riviera said:

I win.

not even Bill Oddie ??
    No!

With Clinton you're also just a handshake away from Beavis and Butthead, not many people can say that.

• Options
    Three months supply of Marmite? Give that woman a cigar!
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Riviera said:

I win.

Rubbish! Clapton trumps the lot - He is God!
  • Options
    hahah!

Wooo Ive not won much in my life so this is a good day!
  • Options
    DRFDRF
    edited March 2013
    I shook hands with Alan Pardew. Who then insulted my outfit.
    Also shaken Ban Ki Moon's hand which was more impressive.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Curb_It said:

Once bitten?
  • Options

I'll be the one with the horn.

is that why you were after the most expert hand shaker?
  • Options
    Granpa said:

After a long and varied career, my list includes the following : Paul Daniels, Mary Quant, John Motson, Robert Powell, David Jacobs, Richard Murray, Tommy Cooper, Bob Monkhouse, Chris Powell, Lynn Davies, Peter Reid, Juan Carlos before he became King of Spain, and the entire QPR team in 1947.

Are you the Queen in disguise? ;-)
  • Options
    Who's the winner, then.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    To make it a bit harder can anyone get to these people in six or less people?

Adolph Hitler
    Joe Stalin
    Arthur Conan-Doyle
    Alister Crowley
    Charles Darwin
    Emily Pankhurst
    Marcus Garvey

• Options
    I can do Stalin - who met Churchill - who met the Queen - who met my uncle.

And by the same route Hitler - Chamberlin - Churchill - Queen - uncle
  • Options

To make it a bit harder can anyone get to these people in six or less people?

Adolph Hitler
    Joe Stalin
    Arthur Conan-Doyle
    Alister Crowley
    Charles Darwin
    Emily Pankhurst
    Marcus Garvey

Steve Green (An Ex-colleague) - Max Mosley - Oswald Mosley - Adolph Hitler.

• Options

Who's the winner, then.

Curb_It with Monica Messy Dress.
  • Options
    Not sure Mosley ever met Hitler but pretty sure his wife's sister (Mitfords) did.

Good one
  • Options
    Yes, you maybe right there Henry, put her in the line as well.