Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Six degrees of separation

13»

Comments

• Options
    My dad met Mosley when the old fascist tried to speak in Beresford Sq in Woolwich in the 50s. Hands were involved but not handshakes : - )
  • Options
    Shaken hands with Roger Daltrey who has shaken hands with the Queen who shook hands with Winston Churchill who shook hands with Joe Stalin who shook hands with Adolf Hitler.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Me uncle directed and produced a documentary about Churchill's bodygaurd, so probably met some of his family who me uncle would've shook hands with, and they may have shook hands with the bodygaurd (Walter Thompson), who most definitely did shake the hand of the great man himself.......

He also made a documentry about Wallis Simpson and her relationship with King Edward VIII (Great Romances Of The 20th Century) and so probably shook hands with the Queen using the same logic.....?
  • Options

To make it a bit harder can anyone get to these people in six or less people?

Adolph Hitler
    Joe Stalin
    Arthur Conan-Doyle
    Alister Crowley
    Charles Darwin
    Emily Pankhurst
    Marcus Garvey

Add JFK to that group

• Options
    JFK met nixon, nixon met clinton, clinton meet curb-it and I've met curb-it
  • Options

Adolph Hitler
    Joe Stalin
    Arthur Conan-Doyle
    Alister Crowley
    Charles Darwin
    Emily Pankhurst
    Marcus Garvey

Stalin - Churchill - General Montgomery - presented my father with a medal in Egypt. (1st place in the long jump.)
  • Options
    An old work colleague and now big mate of mine is 3 handshakes away from Jimi Hendrix. I can't remember the jumps exactly but Chas Chandler is involved. My mate is very proud of this and wears it like a badge of honour lol

'Ang on, that makes me 4 handshakes away from Hendrix myself! ;P
  • Options
    DRF said:

I shook hands with Alan Pardew. Who then insulted my outfit.

This has to be the most heart wrenching imo. Not only do you have the burden of shame for the rest of your natural that you actually shook his hand.....but he then mercilously kicked you when you were down like a mangy dog!

It's a long road back from that, a long road back...

• Options
    I delivered parcels to Leith hill place, whilst there needed to use the W.C., leith hill place was once owned by Josiah Wedgwood, who in turn was the father in law of Charles Darwin. So I could have actually sat on the same throne as CD!
  • Options
    I have shaken hands with Tom King (very firm!) and Sir George Younger (very limp) who have both shaken hands with Margaret Thatcher and thereafter the world
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I used a urinal next to Martin Pringle and we both shook at the same time
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Hopefully not each other? ;-)

• Options

Croydon said:

now that would be a story!

• Options
    Croydon said:

Croydon said:

now that would be a story!

Pringles, once you pop, you can't stop!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I shook hand with a german friend of mine who's step-father shook hands with Hitler and was photographed with in the 1936 Olympics.
  • Options
    Shaken hands with Sly Stallone, whose hands shook uncontrollably at the beginning of Rocky V, which every right-minded man has watched.
  • Options

Adolph Hitler
    Joe Stalin
    Arthur Conan-Doyle
    Alister Crowley
    Charles Darwin
    Emily Pankhurst
    Marcus Garvey

Emily Pankhurst...my maternal great-grandmother was a suffragette and got into all sorts of trouble and was acquainted with the Pankhurst sisters amongst others.

Of the others...I can do Joe Stalin as well...he shook hands with Winston Churchill and I have shaken hands with his grandson, Winston Churchill - who used to live in Westerham.

I have also shaken hands with Kenneth Noye...

• Options
    edited March 2013
    In 1963 I worked with one of the nicest people you could meet...diplomatic, kind and thoughtful. Coming out of the Black Cat one Saturday night I could not believe what I saw. My workmate was standing shoulder to shoulder with Mr.Mosley. I said nothing at work, but news got around and he was sacked because of his politics, another employee in her 50's was also sacked for sticking up for him. The guy that replaced him was an arsehole and hopeless at the job. Can you imagine taking that one to a tribunal.

ps. LATE ENTRY: I once blew a raspberry on Nathans stomach...do I win?
  • Options
    Shook hands with Graham bond When his group(Graham Bond organisation) were playing at the black cat club in Woolwich Bond was the illigitimate son of Alister Crowley.

I am amazed that nobody has mentioned the late great Colin Cameron because if you had the pleasure of shakeing Colins hand you would be linked with great players poor players great/poor managers legends heroes and also some villans