Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Cats are endlessly amusing.
  • That is wonderful.
  • My cat does at least three of these things. Cats are arseholes but you can't help but love em for it.
  • My one bites/claws me if I don't give her what she wants
  • The best one is when the cat frames another cat!
  • edited March 2013

The best one is when the cat frames another cat!

That one and the one before with the cat trapping the other cat in the box are fantastic.
  • Dogs have owners, cats have staff, but I wouldn't have it another way.
  • To this day I do not understand why I get up to open the patio door when a cat is outside it. The bloody catflap is only 3 yards away!
  • Rizzo said:

To this day I do not understand why I get up to open the patio door when a cat is outside it. The bloody catflap is only 3 yards away!

Because he/she mesmerises you... Don't look at the eyes.

• Sponsored links:

• Absolutely adore cats, can never remember a time when I haven't had at least one in my life. The three I have now keep me sane in this crazy world.
  • Would love to have cats again, but found out I'm allergic by having them! My eczema gets terrible. Shame.
  • I don't like my cat. He's stinky, and he likes to bite and scratch. I've got a one-year-old daughter, and she's at a stage where she likes to grab his fur. It's only a matter of time before he seriously hurts her.
  • I don't like my cat. He's stinky, and he likes to bite and scratch. I've got a one-year-old daughter, and she's at a stage where she likes to grab his fur. It's only a matter of time before he seriously hurts her.

Our cat is like that. She and the baby have come to an understanding. The line has been drawn. Both have learned the hard way
  • I love cats. Have always had them, either at home growing up, or when I moved out. Leaving the wife one of the hardest things to do was leaving the cats behind. When I go over to see her now, I spend ages with them. They are brilliant animals. I love the way tey seemingly don't give a shit about you, yet can be ridiculously affectionate on their own terms.
  • edited March 2013
    Best pet you could possibly own. Ultimately, dogs are morons. People will say "oh, but can a cat fetch a stick?" No, because it doesn't fucking want to. Get your own damn stick!

Cats "do what they want," to quote most football fans on an away day.
  • Cats are rubbish. Sleep, eat, shit.

Bit like me as it goes.
  • Love my cat, she literally doesn't give a fuck about anything, until she wants something, then suddenly she's all over you.

Once she gets her water/food/litter tray/door opened she goes back to being a lazy prick.

Her favourite game is laying on top of the Sky Box, occasionally pushing the buttons on top to turn off the box or change the channel, often at a crucial point in the football or during the climax of a film

Fucker, but we love her for it all the same
  • Best pet you could possibly own. Ultimately, dogs are morons. People will say "oh, but can a cat fetch a stick?" No, because it doesn't fucking want to. Get your own damn stick!

Cats "do what they want," to quote most football fans on an away day.

The ones near our house dont look that clever when being pursued by my collie at 20 mph for fun. ;;0)
  • Dogs are idiots.
  • Sponsored links:

• Never was much of a fan of cats, as one I had years ago turned into a right bastard. That said we now have a cat and dog, and they are both great. The cat is bonkers independent but also very affectionate when she wants to be, which is fine by me. The dog is always happy to see me and he's a good excuse to go out for a walk across the Downs. He also irritates the wife a bit which makes him even better ;-)
  • Boom said:

Cats are rubbish. Sleep, eat, shit.

Bit like me as it goes.

But they don't have "inane grins" on their faces. Unlike you.
  • If you have mice and rats and stuff, would having a cat do any good?
  • edited March 2013
    Depends on the cat. One of mine was useless with mice & rats. Couldn't catch a cold. The other one was a murderous little bastard - we had no mice or rats inside, but he used to drag them in from outside all the time. Saw him catch dozens in the garden. It's brilliant watching them hunt - like a mini Serengeti in your back yard! Some cats are great at catching rodents, others aren't - and unfortunately, you never know which ones will turn out to be good ratters.
  • Fair enough, but if you have a cat that doesn't catch them, will the presence of a cat keep them away?
  • Having had cats all my life and never had mice or rats, my anecdotal response would be 'yes', but I think there's little hard evidence to suggest they stay away just because a cat lives in your house. Think about it though - if you're a clean person, don't leave food laying about and there's a potentially murderous killing machine lurking somewhere, if you're a mouse, you'd surely pop down the road somewhere where there are easier pickings!
  • We had a mouse problem in my student tenement in Edinburgh. Being students we were mucky buggers and there was food about, crumbs etc. we got a cat and the mice vanished. The cat didn't catch them but there were plenty of other houses to invade so they upped sticks.

I don't know if that applies across the board, but my anecdotal evidence suggests a cat could be a deterrent
  • I love dogs and cats, have had both as pets during my life. Not got either now as we would have no-one to leave them with if we were away. We had a ginger Tom called Killer who was a really clever and affectionate little chap, and a black one called Floyd who was as thick as shit and only wanted affection on his terms, he used to do that thing where he rolled over for you to tickle his tum, and as soon as you did, he would grab you with all four paws and start to bite you... Little sod. The cat on the ground floor of our block does the same thing now, he's a little cracker too, shouts at you all the time and does the same to his front door while staring at it intently, waiting for his owners to let him in. Even if they are out at work...