Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

everton v wigan

Wigan just scored three goals in three minutes in the FA Cup.

Comments

• Options
    quality goals at that
  • Options
    Just loved Neviles psss back for the second goal.
  • Options
    Oops 3-0
    My two lads up there for this?
  • Options
    Neville is havin a shocker.
  • Options
    No doubt the spanners will win tomorrow and draw Wigan in the semis
  • Options

Lol that's what I said ... Shit team being lined up for them c***s to get in the semi

• Options
    Might be the end for Moyes. Would be a shame. My mate is a massive evertonian and I get up there once a season. The fans are not as unanimously behind Moyes as the media would have you believe.
  • Options

Wouldn't even give you a price on it.

• Options
    I have a lot of affection for Everton. Proper old style football club, great old stadium, no Mr Moneybags funding yet another multi-million pound player to sit on the bench, good British manager, play decent football. I would love them to win the cup this year - but it really is looking extremely unlikely now.

And if anyone thinks WE can get a bit stroppy after an abysmal half (ie vs Forest) you should hear the Everton fans boo-ing their own team. Even the ITV commentator said the atmosphere there was toxic. Some were leaving after the 3rd goal went in, after just 33 minutes. Compared to that, we are fanatical.
  • Options
    I guess they feel a bit like we did against Wycombe Davo?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To be fair to the fans, they were 3-0 down a half-time.
  • Options
    I doubt many left. Commentators love to sensationalise especially this moronic monotone one on itv. Probably just popping to the loo or for an early half time pint
  • Options
    There is a good article on fans leaving early and how commentators like to make a big deal of it in this months When Saturday Comes. Also mentions how message boards and social network sites are then full of people criticising the early leavers, who themselves have just sat at home in their armchair watching the match in question...
  • Options

Maybe AA, but I really can't recall us turning on our own team to quite that extent. I remember feeling a bit guilty skulking out 5 minutes before the end when we went down 1-6 at home to Leeds a few years ago.

Tbf, they are behind their team more in the 2nd half, but I don't think it will last if Wigan get another.
  • Options
    Booing Fellaini as he comes off too. Bit harsh
  • Options

Oops 3-0
    My two lads up there for this?

If you don't know how are we supposed to know?
  • Options

There is a good article on fans leaving early and how commentators like to make a big deal of it in this months When Saturday Comes. Also mentions how message boards and social network sites are then full of people criticising the early leavers, who themselves have just sat at home in their armchair watching the match in question...

.......OI!!!!!!!!! :-)
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Maybe AA, but I really can't recall us turning on our own team to quite that extent. I remember feeling a bit guilty skulking out 5 minutes before the end when we went down 1-6 at home to Leeds a few years ago.

Tbf, they are behind their team more in the 2nd half, but I don't think it will last if Wigan get another.
    I was more getting at the despair of seeing a really, really big opportunity to reach a cup semi-final drifting away, and realising you were only fooling yourself in the hours building up to it with your optimism, when deep down inside you knew the outcome was inevitable...

Me and the missus left Upton Park when 4-0 down on Boxing Day years back, decision was deemed correct as we heard the cheer of their fifth going in as we were on the way back to the car...
  • Options
    The magic of the Cup .... Even Wigan fans had a personality , loud and loads of songs .... I give up !!
  • Options
    Pleased for Wigan, really like them as a club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I thought they were booing the decision to take Fellaini off?
  • Options
    Wigan would muller the winners of millwall v Blackburn , amazing such a small club have just cruised into the semi finals , you make your own luck getting to a semi final takes something
  • Options

Could be actually. But he was terrible all game.

• Options

No, I don't think so. He got a lot of stick from the Everton fans while he was on the pitch too.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

No, I don't think so. He got a lot of stick from the Everton fans while he was on the pitch too.
    Isn't the normal reaction when a substituted player has had a mare, to cheer wildly that he is being brought off?
  • Options
    Can you imagine what Martinez could do with money they play sublime football
  • Options
    I really like Wigan and Martinez. They lose too many for the beautiful football tag to stick and I think their number may be up this season but it's good to see the flowing stuff come off. Shame they had to do it against Everton though
  • Options

Can you imagine what Martinez could do with money they play sublime football

We'll find out next season as heavily rumoured to be taking over from the other Roberto.
  • Options
    Cant see him being a big enough name for citeh
  • Options
    He's a very big name. He's been courted by many but has been waiting for the right move. He may turn them down as he did Liverpool and Milan. Maybe he has set his sights on the ultimate job, the Big One!
    Can't see Fergie going till his won another CL though.