Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

everton v wigan

2»

Comments

• Options
    Riviera said:

He's a very big name. He's been courted by many but has been waiting for the right move. He may turn them down as he did Liverpool and Milan. Maybe he has set his sights on the ultimate job, the Big One!
    Can't see Fergie going till his won another CL though.

Christ! If he turns down Liverpool AND City we can only assume he's waiting for the CAFC job to become vacant.
  • Options

Can you imagine what Martinez could do with money they play sublime football

18th Wigan 28 -22 24.

Good chance we will get to see the sublime football first hand next season. LOL
  • Options

Might be the end for Moyes. Would be a shame. My mate is a massive evertonian and I get up there once a season. The fans are not as unanimously behind Moyes as the media would have you believe.

Really? Why the hell not?! The board I understand being frustrated with, but Moyes has done a brilliant job.
  • Options

Might be the end for Moyes. Would be a shame. My mate is a massive evertonian and I get up there once a season. The fans are not as unanimously behind Moyes as the media would have you believe.

Really? Why the hell not?! The board I understand being frustrated with, but Moyes has done a brilliant job.
    That's your modern day football fan for you though, isn't it?

They are probably going on about how he has "taken them as far as he can" and how they need to "push onto the next level". Sound familiar?

If he does go I might have a cheeky few quid on them being relegated next year. It happened to us!
  • Options

It's mostly to do with a perceived lack of ambition on the pitch. Everton have dropped a lot of points by either starting too defensively and letting teams get a goal - and then chasing the game and equalising - or by taking the lead and then sitting back and inviting the other team to score (who does that remind you of?) This is now coupled with the fact the 'we've got no money' line is used up. Everton have something like the 5th highest wage bill in the country and can afford to spend £15 million on one player if they choose. They never have enough strikers in the place and Moyes does have a tendency to stockpile central midfielders rather than address issues up front and at centre half.

Having said that, it's not as vocal a minority as some would have you believe. Goodison is still firmly behind the manager on the whole, there's just some who've grown restless and want more, as football fans are wont to do. Sadly they'll likely get what they deserve as a result, and they might not like it
  • Options

Agree with you. Im a big Moyes fan. But the last two times I've been ( v Chelsea and Wigan) the crowd has been noticeably antagonistic. My mate's ST comes with the Pre match meal and all that jazz and the table I sit at is divided 50-50 between Moyes supporters and those who are very critical. Obviously I only get a snapshot from time to time but I am surprised just how much stick he gets for a manager who has, to me at least, done a fantastic job. Five years ago the atmosphere was much more positive.

• Options
    Got to fancy to make the final now , making there premier time count
  • Options
    The're experts at getting the draw they want. Rovers should do them though.
  • Options

No doubt the spanners will win tomorrow and draw Wigan in the semis

Wouldn't even give you a price on it.

They really are unbelievably spawny when it comes to the draw.