Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Overrated Managers

I give you....Karl Robinson

Gets linked to every job that becomes available, but what has he actually done apart from being a young manager?

Comments

• Options

I give you....Karl Robinson

Gets linked to every job that becomes available, but what has he actually done apart from being a young manager?

Well there's...

No. I got nothing!

• Options
    He does look a bit like desperate dan, does that count for anything?
  • Options
    Lee Clarke, couldnt get hudders up with a massive budget.
    Made his name through a run of draws last season, a run we stopped.
  • Options

Lee Clarke, couldnt get hudders up with a massive budget.
    Made his name through a run of draws last season, a run we stopped.

Well, us and the playoffs. But they don't count apparently.

• Options
    Lee Clark is a good one.

Chris Powell obviously, "Clueless clown" according to those that know about football (well someone had to say it). Personally I think he's good, very good in fact and will get better.

Kenny Dalglish. Took over an already great team and club at Liverpool that went down hill as he bought his own players. Had a fortune to spend at Blackburn but did nothing while General Manager at Celtic other than appoint John Barnes and did little for Liverpool 2nd time around.

• Options
    Does anyone actually rate Lee clark though?

Paul Ince. I'm sure he only got the Blackpool job so his son stays a bit longer.
  • Options
    Michael Appleton....how many jobs has he had this season? Done nothing.
  • Options
    Our very own Paul Hart, thought it was mental how many times he was appointed at clubs and was usually the final nail in the coffin.

Top youth coach as his record suggests though. Lucky to have him in that regard
  • Options
    Lee Clark without a doubt.

Definitely James Corden, sorry I mean Karl Robinson.

Roberto Martinez - Linked with every Premier League job going when it comes available all because "he has done it with Wigan on a shoestring. Imagine what he could do with a lot of money!!!"....Doesn't work like that. The pressure of avoiding relegation and the pressure of delivering trophies are very different things.

Michael Laudrup - I actually like him and think he is a good manager, however the very evening that he won the League Cup the media and supporters of big clubs were trying to shoehorn him into the likes of Chelsea, Real Madrid etc.
  • Options
    Alex McLeish in the english game
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Kenny Dalglish. Took over an already great team and club at Liverpool that went down hill as he bought his own players. Had a fortune to spend at Blackburn but did nothing while General Manager at Celtic other than appoint John Barnes and did little for Liverpool 2nd time around.

Alternatively

He took over a team in aftermath of a disaster. He led them the double (when this meant something), he won the league again 2 years later, the FA cup a year later and then the league again. He also dealt with the Hillsborough disaster. Both Spurs and United would be wealther clubs during this period.

Was given money at Blackburn, but still had to convince players to sign, and then mould a team. He won the league.

League runners up with Newcastle. Also FA cup finalist with them.

Took Barnes to Celtic. Took legal action against Celtic, and awarded money.

Granted his second spell at Liverpool was not a success in terms of league position or player recruitment.
  • Options
    Nathan Prior, what has he ever achieved?
  • Options

Most consecutive football accumulators placed without a win?
  • Options
    Redknapp.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Most consecutive football accumulators placed without a win?
    This is bang out of order.

You have no job on what to base that opinion of him.

• Options

Lee Clark is a good one.

Chris Powell obviously, "Clueless clown" according to those that know about football (well someone had to say it). Personally I think he's good, very good in fact and will get better.

apart from taking them from the second division to premiership champions you mean?
  • Options
    I give you Mark Hughes and Steve Bruce.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

I give you Mark Hughes and Steve Bruce.

Agree with both of these although I think Hughes will struggle to get another job now.

For over a decade Bryan Robson continually managed to get new jobs despite failing dismally in his previous position, he's my king of overrated managers.
  • Options

Lee Clark is a good one.

apart from taking them from the second division to premiership champions you mean?
    ...but did nothing while general manager at Celtic.

• Options

Lee Clark is a good one.

yer sorry I misread
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:

Lee Clark without a doubt.

Definitely James Corden, sorry I mean Karl Robinson.

Roberto Martinez - Linked with every Premier League job going when it comes available all because "he has done it with Wigan on a shoestring. Imagine what he could do with a lot of money!!!"....Doesn't work like that. The pressure of avoiding relegation and the pressure of delivering trophies are very different things.

Michael Laudrup - I actually like him and think he is a good manager, however the very evening that he won the League Cup the media and supporters of big clubs were trying to shoehorn him into the likes of Chelsea, Real Madrid etc.

Martinez is class. The fact that he DOES keep them up every year when they're the smallest and least attractive club (bar maybe QPR-har-har) makes him a very good manager indeed. Certainly not overrated.
  • Options
    Pardew, Wenger
  • Options

Lee Clark is a good one.

Oh for a comma...
  • Options
    Iain Dowie...
  • Options
    Kenny Dalglish - Yeah done nothing in football on or off the pitch!

He is one of the biggest names in football over the last 40 odd years.

For goodness sake! I wish people would not try and talk about things they obviously know nothing about.
  • Options

Pardew, Wenger

Wenger??? I'd love to see ANY other manager try and re-create what he has achieved and built there over the years.

• Options
    Wenger was good, now not so good.
    Last 8 years have given evidence of that.

Bet people wouldnt want Sven Goran Ericcson as manager based on perfomances in last 10 years but had great record before that.
  • Options
    No way is Wenger overrated.

• Options

Lee Clark is a good one.

THIS on both counts
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Bryan Robson - although I don't think he is rated these days.