Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bayern Munich vs Arsenal

13»

Comments

• Options
    Can't see us losing the 4th place, Premier League is too powerful and all that and I'm sure there would be uproar
  • Options

am I right in thinking if the rankings changed and England was to lose the 4th champions league place it wouldn't take effect until the season after next as uefa have effectively promised the places for next season already

Correct.

I was reading up about the UEFA co-efficients a couple of weeks back and it baffled me completely. God knows what mathematicians UEFA employ to calculate it. Spain is well out in front, England are currently second, Germany third and Italy fourth. The only thing up for grabs is Germany taking second from England but both have 4 CL spots.

Was reading that Spurs, Chelsea and Newcastle will pick up 2 co-efficient points for a win and going through in the respective Europa games and that could well keep England in second spot, dependant on the CL quarter-final results of the Germans.

(Personally, and I've said this many times, its so wrong that success is now defined as CL qualification. Football should be about winning trophies. If I had the choice now of CL qualification or winning the Europa, I'd take the Europa!)