Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bolton next up

Anyone else dreading watching Lennie Lawrence quietly, but effectively, coaching his side to victory next game. Freedman will be doing all the arm waving stuff but dear old LL will be making all the subtle adjustments to tactics etc, to ensure another miserable afternoon at the Valley.

On the same subject does anyone know if Keith Peacock has any input on proceedings, especially at half time, during matches these days.

Comments

• Options
    I've heard that we're trying to get this game switched to the Reebok...............................
  • Options
    Roses are Red
    Violets are Blue
    Look out Bolton
    We're coming for you!!!!!!
  • Options
    Can't wait another wasted Saturday afternoon down at the Valley. If we're lucky we might get to see a couple of shots on target
  • Options

Can't wait another wasted Saturday afternoon down at the Valley. If we're lucky we might get to see a couple of shots on target

You been on the jazz cigarettes again? ;-)
  • Options
    Sorry, wont be there, too many times recently i've got home thinking 'why did i bother' - yesterday was the final straw - and probably for a lot of others too.
  • Options

Sorry, wont be there, too many times recently i've got home thinking 'why did i bother' - yesterday was the final straw - and probably for a lot of others too.

I hope you change your mind TP. I for one would love to have the Valley on my doorstep and be able to go to home games. As the Valley is a 400 mile round trip for me i tend to go to away games only, so usually only travel upto 2 hours in any direction. I have grown up envying those around me able to go to football every other weekend. Don't take our club for granted as it needs all of us all of the time. It nearly died and if it wasn't for many Lifers and others dedicated to keeping it going at any level, it would have. SISS

• Options
    Team for Bolton

Hamer
    Solly,Taylor,Morrison,Wiggins
    Waggy,Gower,Jackson,Harriott,
    Haynes Kermy

Subs Button,Wilson,Evina,Dervite,Stephens,Obika,Fuller
  • Options
    Well at least we are safe from relegation......
  • Options
    I hear that the club and police were so pleased with the success of yesterday's logistical security planning, Bolton are to be given the North Upper.
  • Options
    I've already decided to give this and Leeds a miss. Can't spoil any more Saturday nights having witnessed total dross.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can anyone honestly say they expect us to win ?
  • Options
    Can't see us winning another home game this season, even with Wolves and Bristol City to come... we need at least one.
  • Options

Can't see us winning another home game this season, even with Wolves and Bristol City to come... we need at least one.

Atleast the pressures off then.
  • Options

I hear that the club and police were so pleased with the success of yesterday's logistical security planning, Bolton are to be given the North Upper.

Ha, Ha. Reminded me of when the Nottingham Police gave Chelsea the Trent End at Forest, because it was the closest to the Station. Upset the Forest fans so much, it caused a riot. (1976?).
  • Options
    We're coming for you
    We're coming for you
    Bolton Wanderers ... we're coming for you
  • Options
    I may have to work that day. Was thinking of bringing both kids and a couple of their friends but I'm not sure I can convince them it's a good idea. Good mate of mine is a Bolton fan, he's almost as negative about their prospects as I am about ours at the moment, the difference being their form is second only to Forest and if they continue they will end up in the playoffs.
  • Options
    I am really trying very hard to be positive! It is hard though!
    But listening to Dwight York this morning on TV saying how much the Villa players responded to the crowd's singing etc yesterday to beat QPR, made me think that we need another response like against Cardiff for this game. We need to lick our wounds and regroup behind the players that have given their all at times. They may well be struggling in this league but when you watch them at away games they are like a different team!
  • Options
    Im giving this a miss. Back for Leeds
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Team - lets go old school and see if the spirit is still there.

Hamer

Solly
    Morro
    Taylor
    Wiggins

Green
    Hollands
    Stephens
    Jacko

BWP
    Kermo

oh, hang on.......

TBH, I am kind of serious. Still insist the best I have seen us all year was up at St Andrews.
  • Options
    Shame Hollands is injured and out of favour in a 5 man midfield he's surely better than Dervite
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's not Millwall we can win this
  • Options

This
  • Options
    The crowd v Bolton will be very interesting. I have a feeling quite a few might give it a miss.
  • Options

This
    I was sitting watching yesterday thinking ... why am i putting myself through this , i could be at ..... Bluewater :-0 but then i thought if we were all apathetic , no one would turn up and we'd be in League One again , get yourself along to some away games to cheer yourself up.

• Options

Team - lets go old school and see if the spirit is still there.

Hamer

Solly
    Morro
    Taylor
    Wiggins

Green
    Hollands
    Stephens
    Jacko

BWP
    Kermo

oh, hang on.......

TBH, I am kind of serious. Still insist the best I have seen us all year was up at St Andrews.

Would go with that side
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I know a lot of people have had a gut full after yet another home reverse and the way they were treated after the game yesterday but now is not the time to jump ship. The team needs our support more than ever to get as many points on the board as possible to ensure Championship football next season. As Nolly says we can win this one, we were the better team at the Reebok until NGog came on and won it for them. They are a decent side on a decent run so they will fancy it but hopefully we can exploit their desire to get forward which will suit us. Whenever being a Charlton fan was it a cakewalk? Once an Addick always an Addick let's stay behind the boys and make some Cardiff match noise and encourage them onto 3 points COYR.
  • Options
    Harriott deserves to keep his place, was one of the only players v Millwall actually creating. Hamer back in.
  • Options
    Hamer for Button
    Cort for Taylor, Dervite if Cort not fit
    Stephens for Wilson
    + Green MUST be on the bench at least. At 0-2 yesterday the game was crying out for a plan b with some genuine width and decent crossing. Whatever the merits of Wagstaff, Evina or Obika it was bizarre not to have Green as an option from the bench
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    <blockquote class="Quote" rel="ShootersHillGuru">Can anyone honestly say they expect us to win ? </blockquote>

I have seen us win 3 times all season. I still expect us to beat Bolton and i am looking forward to it. Foolishly optomistic, maybe, but this division is dross and whilst we are part of that there is no doubt anyone can beat anyone on their day.

Man up everyone and get down The Valley, making some noise. This is when the club and players need you most, the next 4 home games could well decide our division for next season so not the time to skip off down to Bluewater.
  • Options

Hamer for Button
    Cort for Taylor, Dervite if Cort not fit
    Stephens for Wilson
    + Green MUST be on the bench at least. At 0-2 yesterday the game was crying out for a plan b with some genuine width and decent crossing. Whatever the merits of Wagstaff, Evina or Obika it was bizarre not to have Green as an option from the bench

What's Taylor done to get dropped?