Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wigan vs Newcastle

Anyone else seen McManaman's tackle? Horrific. Halsey didn't even give a foul.

He'll be in big trouble for this.

Comments

• Options
    Shocker. Just showed that Halsey's view was obscured, at least they will be able to give a retrospective red.
  • Options
    Absolutely horrific.
  • Options
    Sky Sprts News ‏@SkySprtsNews
    SHOCKING: This is sickening tackle on Haidara by McManaman in the Newcastle vs Wigan game. Definite RED. WATCH - http://torrr.es/WPOqcl
  • Options
    There will be retrospective punishment because Halsey did not give a foul. Imagine at least a 3 game ban for a tackle like that.
  • Options
    The worst tackle I have seen for years. McManaman should get a six month ban .. he won't though .. and this follows the dubious red card for the Norwich keeper
  • Options
    McManaman almost scored just then. Think there would have been a riot had that happened.
  • Options
    CAFCdamo said:

McManaman almost scored just then. Think there would have been a riot had that happened.

diplomacy rules .. Mcmanaman is subbed
  • Options
    Terrible tackle and reckless
  • Options
    Rob Elliott is playing in goal for Newcastle.
  • Options
    Cowards tackle
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1-1
  • Options
    hoooooorayyy ... we got a mention !!!!
  • Options
    Bugger: missed it ! Wot was said ?
  • Options
    Goalkeeper Elliott .. who Pardew worked with at ... !!! wait for it!!!! ........ C H A R L T O N
  • Options
    worst foul of the year and now a handball goal .. must be Wigan for the cup this year
  • Options
    Get in..got Wigan in my accy.

Plus Pardews a wanker
  • Options

Plus Pardews a wanker

bet you didn't pluck out Fulham !!
  • Options
    Not a great Pardew fan, but, looking forward to his after-match interview.
  • Options
    Wigan now only 3 points off 17th with a game in hand. Looking likely to survive yet again.
  • Options
    did you see the flare in the newcastle end.could have caused a fire
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Plus Pardews a wanker

No left that well alone although football acca on twitter tipped Fulham at 6/1!!
  • Options
    Stop scratching your itchy beard and shave, you big nose git.
  • Options

Not a great Pardew fan, but, looking forward to his after-match interview.

mmm he was quite measured and realistic if not fatalistic
  • Options
    Just seen it, terrible tackle.
  • Options

Plus Pardews a wanker

No left that well alone although football acca on twitter tipped Fulham at 6/1!!
    6/1 in a 2 horse race and Spurs lost last time out .. but .. whoda thought Fulham would win that one
  • Options
    He'll probably get a longer ban for the tackle now than had he just been sent off and given the usual 3 match ban..

You have to presume the official just missed it despite being so close - bit like the Webb one in the FA cup game between Stoke and Man City.

Missed the handball as well (assistant to blame?)
  • Options
    It was said he might get away with it IF one of the assistants said they saw it but still very surprised.
  • Options
    Unbelievable
  • Options
    Whelan, the owner of Wigan has lost a great deal of credibility in my eyes. On the radio he defended McManaman: to whit: 'a great lad with not a bad bone in his body .. he went for the ball and won it, he didn't go over the ball and it was a complete accident' (an accurate paraphrase).
    Dave Whelan, we know you are an old bloke and have rose coloured and obviously out of focus glasses .. you are TOTALLY wrong here old boy, and I suspect that your comments heard by your mates at the FA have got your player off the hook. Well done for sticking up for the 'boy', but long term you have done damage to 'the game' as a whole.