Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tyrone Mings helping out a fan

Comments

• Options
    Class
  • Options
    This has been all over Facebook & Twitter. Superb story. Fair play to the lad. Proof that not all footballers are twats!
  • Options
    Before you know it , it'll be Tony Jimenez and Micheal Slater asking for 2 tickets
  • Options
    What a player by the way. Absolute beast. No wonder Arsenal and Chelsea are interested.
  • Options
    Nice touch. Wonder how many fans that aren't really skint are gonna try that now..
  • Options
    Looked good on Saturday. Absolute giant.
  • Options
    Very impressed with him on Saturday too.
  • Options
    Did anyone else see his spat with Wilson? Wilson could well have got an early bath had his semi-headbutt been seen.
  • Options
    A terrific talent: looked so comfortable on the ball. Went on a mazy run in the second half and shot narrowly wide.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stone said:

Did anyone else see his spat with Wilson? Wilson could well have got an early bath had his semi-headbutt been seen.

Yeah i saw that, sure he made slight contact, lucky Mings didn't make a meal of it.

• Options
    I wasnt sure if this was mentioned before but did anyone see Lawrie's cheeky off the ball head butt on him Saturday?
  • Options
    Stone said:

Bubble said:

I wasnt sure if this was mentioned before but did anyone see Lawrie's cheeky off the ball head butt on him Saturday?

• Options
    I must have been watching a different game , because I thought he looked very dodgey on Saturday!
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

I must have been watching a different game , because I thought he looked very dodgey on Saturday!

I didn’t think he was very good defensively, certainly the second best left back on the pitch in that regard (!). I did think he looked decent going forwards though, which seems to be the most important attribute for full backs these days.
  • Options
    I thought he was better 2nd half. In the 1st half his first touch let him down a little, but a good player for sure.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

sammy391 said:

I didn’t think he was very good defensively, certainly the second best left back on the pitch in that regard (!). I did think he looked decent going forwards though, which seems to be the most important attribute for full backs these days.
    Think a defender should be able to defend if he can attack as well then that's a bonus.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

se9addick said:

sammy391 said:

Think a defender should be able to defend if he can attack as well then that's a bonus.
    I think now fullbacks are seen more as wingers particularly as traditional wingers spend far more time inside than actually getting "chalk on their boots" - but agree, players in defensive positions being able to defend would be preferable.
  • Options
    Lets give Solly and Gudmundsson credit. There aren't many right sides as strong as that in this division to come up against.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

This. He used his hands to control the ball pretty much every time it bounced and looked generally very iffy apart from one run early in the 2nd half where we somehow let him run right across and into our box without anyone putting a tackle in. Wasn't impressed.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    oh for a left back with all his qualities !!
  • Options

I'd take Wiggins over him any day of the week.

• Options
    Rizzo said:

what about Fox ?
  • Options
    Good man ,Tyrone.
  • Options

Rizzo said:

what about Fox ?
    That's a bit more dubious but I really wasn't impressed with Mings.

• Options
    Rizzo said:

Rizzo said:

what about Fox ?

I thought he did OK .. however, I suspect his long term future is as a central defender
  • Options
    I thought he looked bloody good going forward for them. Great gesture well done.
  • Options
    Mings does seem the player everyone is talking about at the moment, but he's pretty inexperienced, only becoming first choice LB after the sale of Cresswell to West Ham in the summer.

It's interesting that West Ham's full backs this season are Cresswell and Jenkinson...
  • Options

Rizzo said:

Rizzo said:

what about Fox ?

I thought he did OK .. however, I suspect his long term future is as a central defender
    Rumour has it Chelsea see him as Terrys long-term replacement.