Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rio Ferdinand out of the England squad

Think someone's trying to get their own back.......

Rio Ferdinand ‏@rioferdy5
I'm Gutted I had to pull out of england squad, but it was the right decision for my intricate pre-planned programme.

Comments

• Or proving Roy was right to leave him out in the first place ;-)

Discuss!
  • Good, I hope he stays out. He has been a good player for England in the past. Now, I suspect he is looking for a few more cuedoes (spelling) before he retires rather than a deep desire to represent his country
  • I dont understand whats happened?

why did he accept the call up in the first place???
  • no time for him to be honest. Was a great centre half but he's lost some pace (which was one of his main strengths) and has a very high opinion of himself when really he's a bit ditzy.
  • We have better, fingers crossed that's the last of him unless 3-4 are out injured
  • Club over country again..probably not his fault as such though.
  • I suspect that Ferguson has hinted to him that his chances of getting a new contract at United are dependent on him being available for a certain number of games this season. It's wrong buy you can't blame the club manager for trying his luck can you?
  • So so so predictable to be honest. Fergie rules the roost once more
  • United player in withdrawal shock!

It happens every single time, Fergie knows what he's doing.
  • Really F*****g hate Ferdinand really do !! Anyone see his trip on Torres ?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2013

Really F*****g hate Ferdinand really do !! Anyone see his trip on Torres ?

http://youtu.be/TriKiUrHjvQ

And also clapping in the ref's face after the madrid game ! When imo the ref called it right . Massive Tool !
  • If it is to play for his club, who by the way pay his wages, then it seems a good decision to attempt to be a part of a team that wins most things rather than part of an International squad who could'nt kick there way out of a paper bag in a walk over against Montenegro.
  • Would be nice if he had the balls to retire from international football. Everything always has to be about him. Boring.
  • What a shock. Why didnt he say he wasn't fit before the squad was announced? We don't want a racist in the squad anyway.
  • After all that bleating about not being picked to go to the euro's he has no right to turn down another chance.
    If he's as passionate as he says then he should be making himself available for his country.

Don't buy this training plan rubbish, chances are he would've only been picked for the Montenegro game if fitness/injuries is such an issue, anyone can play cb against Andorra on friday.
  • A couple of weeks ago he was quoted as saying " If I get picked again I will come running "

I hope Roy gives him a blank now.
  • Made a massive deal about racism when not selected then throws it back in Roy's face when picked

Hope the duck faced baboon gets snubbed from now on
  • Who was "dropped" from the squad so Rio could be called up?

Wonder how they are feeling...
  • Still the best centre half in England. He has been very good when he's played for United this season - in a team 15 points clear at the top. He has a downside, as do some others in the squad, but based on ability he should never have been left out by Woy.
  • Still the best centre half in England. He has been very good when he's played for United this season - in a team 15 points clear at the top. He has a downside, as do some others in the squad, but based on ability he should never have been left out by Woy.

At the time of the arguement between cole, terry, and ferdinand, i think Roy was right to leave Ferdinand out.
    I'd rather see someone who wants to put on an England shirt on play. I want someone who would snap Roy's hand off for the chance to play. Not someone who's still buried up his managers a**e !
  • Sponsored links:

• Think someone's trying to get their own back.......

Rio Ferdinand ‏@rioferdy5
    I'm Gutted I had to pull out of england squad, but it was the right decision for my intricate pre-planned programme.

Why does he feel the need to have special fitness training this late in the season? By March he should be fully fit...
  • I dont understand whats happened?

why did he accept the call up in the first place???

So he could turn it down. Glad he did

• Do you even 'accept' call-ups? From what I understand, the manager just names the squad and it gets released. Players might get a quick phone call beforehand from the manager or his secretary telling them they're included.

In response to everyone's pre-determined judgments of Rio here....He actually phoned Roy Hodgson and asked to meet him face to face to discuss the situation he is in with his program. For which, Hodgson has come out and praised him and accepted his reasons.
  • cafctom said:

Do you even 'accept' call-ups? From what I understand, the manager just names the squad and it gets released. Players might get a quick phone call beforehand from the manager or his secretary telling them they're included.

In response to everyone's pre-determined judgments of Rio here....He actually phoned Roy Hodgson and asked to meet him face to face to discuss the situation he is in with his program. For which, Hodgson has come out and praised him and accepted his reasons.

I still think it was just so he could say no meself
  • Ferdinand once said united are bigger than england the greatest honour that anyone can give any footballer is the chance to play for your country bigger than any of the honours he has ever won the man obviously has a problem and he should never put the three lions shirt on again i cant honestly believe wot he has done he is a disgrace should remember where he has come from when he had f--k all.
  • He should take his Tee shirt and his agenda stick both up his arse and naff off
  • Personally, I think he has been the best English Centre half in my lifetime and his treatment by Hodgson was more of a disgrace.
  • Playing for your country is the greatest honour any footballer can have bestowed on them personally i think he is a complete arse , good footballer but a complete arse hope he never wears the three lions again.
  • It`s time to build a new England without the likes of Ferdinand,etc.
  • E-cafc said:

It`s time to build a new England without the likes of Ferdinand,etc.

Spot on! The so called 'Golden Generation' that has failed to deliver for the past 10 years or so need to be dumped all together (Terry, Ferdinand, Lampard etc.) and a new, young generation that wants to play for the badge needs to be give a chance.

I would also like to see Rooney confined to the international scrap heap also but this isn't going to happen as he is the media darling of the squad!