Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rio Ferdinand out of the England squad

Comments

• Options
    Here here (apart from the Rooney bit)
  • Options

E-cafc said:

It`s time to build a new England without the likes of Ferdinand,etc.

Spot on! The so called 'Golden Generation' that has failed to deliver for the past 10 years or so need to be dumped all together (Terry, Ferdinand, Lampard etc.) and a new, young generation that wants to play for the badge needs to be give a chance.

I would also like to see Rooney confined to the international scrap heap also but this isn't going to happen as he is the media darling of the squad!
    trouble is the "golden generation" are about a light year ahead of the players we can call on now, not that they were really world beaters either.
  • Options
    He had already lined up TV work in Quatar, smacks of BS to me, led Hodgson on, as for pre-planned intricate programme, read 15 hour round trip to the middle east...fud, do one and never come back you mug.
  • Options
    i f*****g hate him. I shouldnt even have that much anger against a man i dont know, but i do.
  • Options

Personally, I think he has been the best English Centre half in my lifetime and his treatment by Hodgson was more of a disgrace.

What has Hodsgon actually done wrong though. Before the euro's nothing had been decided on the JT allegations, the court case was being held in July i think.
    He obviously couldn't take Terry and Rio, and at the time Terry was playing a lot more regularly and a lot better.

• Options
    Hodsgon as done nothing wrong ferdinand thinks he is the dogs and the problem is he aint ,the way you av to look at it is someone has a chance to impress ,hodsgon should retire him from international football not ferdinand retire himself.
  • Options

Personally, I think he has been the best English Centre half in my lifetime and his treatment by Hodgson was more of a disgrace.

What has Hodsgon actually done wrong though. Before the euro's nothing had been decided on the JT allegations, the court case was being held in July i think.
    He obviously couldn't take Terry and Rio, and at the time Terry was playing a lot more regularly and a lot better.

I assume he means the reasoning given by Hodgson that Rio wasn't selected due to 'footballing reasons', whilst then selecting the likes of Martin Kelly, Shawcross and Lescott in squads since then.

It's cleat that Rio's current 'excuse' is a poor one but Hodgson did mug him off a bit in the first place.
  • Options
    This grand gesture to say a massive F-you to Hodgson is a typical thick man's gesture. He'd have done a lot more damage, and shown a lot more pride in his nation and craft, if he'd risen above it and turned out to play to the best of his ability. Hodgson's reasons for going with Terry over Ferdinand were flawed and clearly not the footballing reasons that he gave. All people will remember now is Rio being a traitor to his country and lining his pockets with TV work. Absolute disgrace of a person.
  • Options
    Although he feels he has been badly treated by England and this is his way of getting back at them ..it does also highlight how unpatriotic he is ....he has put his own satisfaction of getting back at England and money ahead of his country ...and not a care for the nation where he makes his living and fans ( including Man U ) who want us to qualify for the World cup .....if we lose at Montenegro...... qualification could be tough...and i reckon the papers will slate him and rightly so for not wanting to play.

• Options
    Rio seems to have everything planned to the nth degree.
    Strange how he forgot that drug test :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    According to one of the papers he is getting £4000 for his jaunt to Doha.
  • Options
    Hopefully we will never see Rio in an England shirt again so we dont have to feed he's pug faced ego anymore. The man has done nothing but take the piss out of England fans.
  • Options

I assume he means the reasoning given by Hodgson that Rio wasn't selected due to 'footballing reasons', whilst then selecting the likes of Martin Kelly, Shawcross and Lescott in squads since then.

It's cleat that Rio's current 'excuse' is a poor one but Hodgson did mug him off a bit in the first place.
    Yes exactly. Clearly wasn't footballing reasons behind the decision and it's pretty off that ferdinand was the one to lose out because of the situation. Anyway, that's my opinion. Ferdinand has handled the recall badly but I can't honestly blame him. I suspect it is more down to the pressure applied by Ferguson not to join up. He was right on it as soon as the call-up was announced going on about the training programme and how it would be "difficult".
  • Options
    They labelled ferdinand the new bobby moore at west ham wonder wot he would av thought of him going off to doha dont think he would have approved proper patriots stick by there country and turn up when called upon ferdinand has showed us that he isnt interested in his country, whether hodsgon handled it the right way or not ferdinand has got it wrong always the victim never his fault he is a joke.
  • Options
    Guess it's just me then!
  • Options
    Shocked when Rio dropped out that Roy never rang Anton ...........now that would be funny if he refused.
  • Options
    Doha ain't a bad place this time of year though.
  • Options
    Ferdinand and terry was never going to work, forget the racism nonsense they both play the same position, anybody with a mild knowledge of how a back four function can see this. At united vidic is the main man at centre half, the smasher, the stopper, the ball winner and Ferdinand is the dropper. Same at Chelsea when they were so strong defensively it was carvallho doing that. Now when carvallho didn't play terry was so exposed it was embarrassing. Same goes for Ferdinand when vidic didn't play.

So a succession of England managers stuck both of them together! It's a similar effect to playing Rooney, Gerard and lampard together. Anyway besides this he is a tosser, completely self-absorbed to the point of caricature with a hugely inflated self-righteousness that John Terry, in fairness to him, couldn't compete with (I'm well aware of his many other personality flaws, but I'll give him that credit) the England support tonight told him what we think and I'm happy he doesn't play for his country again.

Going back to my previous point about his positional ability, last time he was any good for England was next to Campbell. Who was a proper England Player
  • Options
    Arrogant, overated, thick, ugly c**t.

Not a fan
  • Options
    Carter said:

Ferdinand and terry was never going to work, forget the racism nonsense they both play the same position, anybody with a mild knowledge of how a back four function can see this. At united vidic is the main man at centre half, the smasher, the stopper, the ball winner and Ferdinand is the dropper. Same at Chelsea when they were so strong defensively it was carvallho doing that. Now when carvallho didn't play terry was so exposed it was embarrassing. Same goes for Ferdinand when vidic didn't play.

So a succession of England managers stuck both of them together! It's a similar effect to playing Rooney, Gerard and lampard together. Anyway besides this he is a tosser, completely self-absorbed to the point of caricature with a hugely inflated self-righteousness that John Terry, in fairness to him, couldn't compete with (I'm well aware of his many other personality flaws, but I'll give him that credit) the England support tonight told him what we think and I'm happy he doesn't play for his country again.

Going back to my previous point about his positional ability, last time he was any good for England was next to Campbell. Who was a proper England Player

So before the racism row, Ferdinand and Terry were a poor partnership? Wow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not but on the assumption you are not. Yes, shocker isn't it
  • Options
    Seems to me that Ferdinand is simply getting a bit of revenge on Hodgson by publically turning him down.....and I personally don't think you can blame him.

I like Roy Hodgson. He comes across as a decent, hard working, honest bloke to me and a very good manager.....but he did fuck up the whole Terry/Ferdinand thing.
    I think he desperately wanted to keep things based on a pure football/current form issue but it was much bigger than that. To some degree the actual football took a back seat as things came to a head and we were left with almost a Good vs Evil scenario. On one side you had the lying, cheating, white trash racist thug Terry and the other Ferdinand, who if you think about it was simply making a stand in support of his brother. His racially abused brother. He'd also seen the destruction, in his mind anyway, of the so called `progress' in driving racism out of our game. He'd began to realise it had simply been oppressed and was alive and well and lurking in peoples minds....they just weren't so vocal as like back in the bad 'ol days. This was no more obvious than the Terry/Suarez cases. Both players exposed as blatant racists yet both scandals seemed to galavanise their respected clubs and fans to support them all the more.....and to add insult to injury launching counter hate campaigns against the recipients of their racism. You simply couldn't make this shit up. The big crime the Ferdinand brothers were/are charged with is simply having the audacity to speak out and fight back after being insulted/racially abused.

Anyway, we all know what happened.....Hodgson went with Terry and in the process publically turned his back on and humiliated Ferdinand. Hodgson's morals just seemed to evaporate when there was a real opportunity to make a huge statement against racism. Terry encapsulates all the sorts of behavioural traits the FA claims to be against and yet here they were making him their captain. Un-fuckin-believable. Hodgson then compounds the public `execution' of Ferdinand by getting himself recorded whilst talking to some randoms on a tube train saying `Ferdinand will never play for England again'.

It must have been very satifying when he discovered Hodgson was prepared to do a u-turn and come crawling back....and even more satifying to turn him down. Too little too late Roy, too little too late. The damage had been done and you'd inflicted most of it.

• Options
    edited March 2013

i f*****g hate him. I shouldnt even have that much anger against a man i dont know, but i do.

100% this. I despise him.
  • Options
    Carter said:

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not but on the assumption you are not. Yes, shocker isn't it

Not being sarcastic but honestly you're the first person I have heard say that partnership was a problem from a footballing perspective. Your logic is sound but I disagree with the comparisons. Ferdinand is more like Carvalho, Terry like Vidic, hence why all 3 combinations worked well. A million miles away from the Gerrard-Lampard situation.
  • Options
    Hodgson picks the squad, not Ferdinand, not his agent, not the media, Hodgson DOES NOT have to give a reason or explanation to anyone why someone was not picked for Euro 2012, for the moral/good/spirit of the squad, footballing reasons, whatever the reasons, what the f*** gives Ferdinand or anyone else for that matter, the mind set that they have a god given right to be in any England squad, you didn't get picked, get over yourself.
    He had the TV work lined up weeks ago, he had no intention of playing, shite excuses about specific training requirements etc, a childish and arrogant attempt to extract revenge.
    Well Rio, I hope that Hodgson never picks you again, just like that muppet Sutton refusing to play for a b team years ago as he considered himself bigger than that, you should never turn your back on your country, go feck yourself, and if your in any doubt about how people feel, replay the game and listen to the England fans views on you.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Hodgson picks the squad, not Ferdinand, not his agent, not the media, Hodgson DOES NOT have to give a reason or explanation to anyone why someone was not picked for Euro 2012, for the moral/good/spirit of the squad, footballing reasons, whatever the reasons, what the f*** gives Ferdinand or anyone else for that matter, the mind set that they have a god given right to be in any England squad, you didn't get picked, get over yourself.
    He had the TV work lined up weeks ago, he had no intention of playing, shite excuses about specific training requirements etc, a childish and arrogant attempt to extract revenge.
    Well Rio, I hope that Hodgson never picks you again, just like that muppet Sutton refusing to play for a b team years ago as he considered himself bigger than that, you should never turn your back on your country, go feck yourself, and if your in any doubt about how people feel, replay the game and listen to the England fans views on you.

What were they singing e? Didn't see the game.
  • Options
    I shit him
  • Options

DA9 said:

Rio Ferdinand is a W*****

F*** *** Rio Ferdinand

• Options
    He is a knob
  • Options
    DA9 said:

DA9 said:

Rio Ferdinand is a W*****

F*** *** Rio Ferdinand

Good