Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dire home form- the solution

CP says he has tried everything. As far as I am concerned there is only one thing for it. Send them out in their away kit!!! Black shirts, shorts and socks v Bolton- let's see what happens....

Comments

• Options
    or turn up for Saturday week's game at The Reebok
  • Options
    If you don't win you won't get paid simples ;-)
  • Options

CP says he has tried everything. As far as I am concerned there is only one thing for it. Send them out in their away kit!!! Black shirts, shorts and socks v Bolton- let's see what happens....

Must of missed that?!
    What an incredible thing for a manager to say.

The soloution;
    Give the League one Champions XI a run out!
  • Options
    Go in the away dressing room and the away dug out.
  • Options
    Put all us home fans in the Jimmy Seed.
  • Options
    stay and train in Bolton the week before then sleep in The Marriot Bexleyheath on the friday night before.
  • Options
    Lock all the home fans in, so Bolton can pile out at full-time.
  • Options
    Re-lay the pitch !!
  • Options
    I understand they stayed in a hotel at brands hatch last Friday night.
  • Options
    We clearly can't win at the Valley. Surely the only sensible solution is to play all of our home games at Selhurst Park.

I'll get my coat...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Ahh, psycology at work! But it'd have to be a one-off. Football League Rule 38.1 permits the wearing of away strip at home matches only once per season. Otherwise you are stuck with the home kit I'm afraid.

• Options

Brandshatch Place I suppose. I have terrible memories of doing (failing) an assessment centre there.
  • Options
    Jodaius said:

We clearly can't win at the Valley. Surely the only sensible solution is to play all of our home games at Selhurst Park.

I'll get my coat...

We were not able to win there either!!!

How about vicarage road?
  • Options
    Offer to play the rest of this seasons home games, away!
  • Options
    Don't know about the All Black kit, I reckon the All Red kit would break the spell
  • Options

Leave a trail of pies down the M1 from Nottingham and wait for Andy "Fat Boy" Reid to return to the Valley.
  • Options

Don't know about the All Black kit, I reckon the All Red kit would break the spell

Not such a bad idea. Haven't we won a few on the road in all red this season? Wouldn't mind seeing us ditch the white shorts. Pretty sure we were all in red when I first started supporting them in the late 60s.

• Options
    Vincenzo said:

Not such a bad idea. Haven't we won a few on the road in all red this season? Wouldn't mind seeing us ditch the white shorts. Pretty sure we were all in red when I first started supporting them in the late 60s.

Vincenzo said:

I'd be happy with that!
  • Options

Think SCP wanted to make sure they ate correctly and slep correctly as it was an early kick-off.
  • Options
    edited March 2013

Think SCP wanted to make sure they ate correctly and slep correctly as it was an early kick-off.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Vincenzo said:

Don't think so V I thought we had always been red shirts white shorts for league games at the Valley, apart from the all white kit with red shoulder flashes early / mid 60's. All red ok as a one off at home I suppose but the 'We're the Red & White Army' song would have to be abandoned :-D
  • Options
    Red Army! Red Army!
  • Options

Leave a trail of pies down the M1 from Nottingham and wait for Andy "Fat Boy" Reid to return to the Valley.

As long as it's not the dried up roadkill they sell at the valley. They couldn't even tempt rats...............................
  • Options
    Logically, if CP has run out of ideas, give someone else a chance to pick the team for Bolton and dictate the tactics. Ideally play to win rather than play not to lose.
  • Options
    Attack, Attack, Attack Attack Attack!

CP in a curly wig a la Kevin Keegan, going for the "you score 4 and we'll score 5" tactics. We might still lose but by christ we might actually enjoy the game a bit more.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

CP in a curly wig a la Kevin Keegan, going for the "you score 4 and we'll score 5" tactics. We might still lose but by christ we might actually enjoy the game a bit more.

why not tried everything else.
  • Options
    I'll give the pre-match team talk, but it may resort to violence.

• Options
    Davo55 said:

Our win over Cardiff was actually quite like this!
  • Options
    Just kick chris eagles early doors and then pass the ball to Harriott!!