Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dire home form- the solution

Comments

• Options
    Pay the ref and linos
  • Options

Davo55 said:

Attack, Attack, Attack Attack Attack!

CP in a curly wig a la Kevin Keegan, going for the "you score 4 and we'll score 5" tactics. We might still lose but by christ we might actually enjoy the game a bit more.

Our win over Cardiff was actually quite like this!
    certainly made it more exciting if not a nail biting last few minutes.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Change the prematch music to 'I predict a riot' by the Kaizer Chiefs (Surprised this wasn't played at half time v Millwall).

Then play it again at half time to i predict a rout.
  • Options
    Play red red robins backwards
  • Options
    ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    1st priority for matches left is to be solid. If you stop the opposition scoring then you only need a goal to win the match. I would bring back Hamer.
    Maybe time to play Jackson behind Kerms, and bring back Dale. The midfield is lacking creativity and like it or not, Dale offers the best chance. He must be itching to get back into the 1st 11.
    Might also be worth swapping out Wilson for Haynes.
  • Options

1st priority for matches left is to be solid. If you stop the opposition scoring then you only need a goal to win the match. I would bring back Hammer.
    Maybe time to play Jackson behind Kerms, and bring back Dale. The midfield is lacking creativity and like it or not, Dale offers the best chance. He must be itching to get back into the 1st 11.
    Might also be worth swapping out Wilson for Haynes.

Hammer?

Can't touch this!

Sorry couldn't resist.

• Options
    Hammer eh ? perhaps he thinks he's hit the nail on the head!
  • Options
    Invite the biggest whingers onto the pitch at half time so that they can show their skills in a game of 5 a side - I suggest we use the muddiest corner. I wouldn't mind Danny Green being given a start instead of Wilson - he was like a man possessed in his last 10 minute cameo - just tell him that he will be fed to the whingers if he shirks any tackles.
  • Options
    Get someone into the Covered End to lead their singing and provide a little creativity.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2013
    I think you mean 5000-a-side?
  • Options

sm said:

Invite the biggest whingers onto the pitch at half time so that they can show their skills in a game of 5 a side - I suggest we use the muddiest corner. I wouldn't mind Danny Green being given a start instead of Wilson - he was like a man possessed in his last 10 minute cameo - just tell him that he will be fed to the whingers if he shirks any tackles.

We havent got room on the pitch for all the whingers at the Valley. And anyway I can't get up from Cornwall that week.
    I said just the biggest ones!
  • Options
    It's very simple, it's all in the pitch. the pitch is always in their minds as they know what they're going out to play on each week at the valley. Re lay that thing, get it out the players and managers mind. Try play the football we want to, if we're still poor then its obviously a lack of quality, it isn't motivation as Powell gives them that.
  • Options
    Shrew said:

Are you one of the "Clee Hill Clan" ? I hear they do all that devil worship and wierd shit :)

• Options

Shrew said:

Are you one of the "Clee Hill Clan" ? I hear they do all that devil worship and wierd shit :)

No 'The Devils Chair' is our local meet up point. ;)
  • Options
    sm said:

Is that whingers or wingers???- we've got loads of them too and they make no impact on our home performance either.

• Options
    kick off towards the covered end attack at our end first half worked for all the away teams.
  • Options

kick off towards the covered end attack at our end first half worked for all the away teams.

I think there's something in this. The atmosphere at the start of the game is always best but often tails off. I wonder if having the attacking action closer to the covered end would help to keep it ticking over.

• Options

Dig an elaborate network if World War One style trenches in the mud in front of Hamer's goal and erect barbed wire and machine gun posts.

That might at least keep it at 0-0 til half time
  • Options

I think there's something in this. The atmosphere at the start of the game is always best but often tails off. I wonder if having the attacking action closer to the covered end would help to keep it ticking over.

millwall fan in the postroom at my work thought they had won the toss as they were kicking towards their fans for the second half.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    also did anyone see the guy praying on the pitch before the millwall game and it looked like he was blessing the goals as well?

im not usually in the ground that early so not sure if it happens all the time?
  • Options
    A few weeks ago I suggested that they stay in a hotel overnight as if it was an away game.

Apparently they tried it last weekend.
  • Options
    Shrew said:

Is that because we are playing Notlob?

• Options
    Blindfold the Bolton team
  • Options

Shrew said:

Is that because we are playing Notlob?

? tow uoy
  • Options
    Cardiff were shit at home last year cos of there pitch ,but this year they have a new pitch and what did they get from it--------looks like the premiership to me,so i say dig it up the day after the season finishes,and if we cant afford the grass seed lets go and pinch some vgrass from Blackheath cos its in better ni
  • Options
    doronron said:

Cardiff were shit at home last year cos of there pitch ,but this year they have a new pitch and what did they get from it--------looks like the premiership to me,so i say dig it up the day after the season finishes,and if we cant afford the grass seed lets go and pinch some vgrass from Blackheath cos its in better ni

Its the Blackheath fertiliser that does it

• Options
    Drive the players in the team coach up north and back in time for kick off.
  • Options
    Buy a couple of creative players.
  • Options
    Get us home fans to wear the shirt of the team we are playing on that day so