Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The best 'freebies' you've had?

Comments

• Options
    Got a pair of free tickets to Liverpool v Charlton a few year back from me mums company, only down side was I had ti go with me ex missus and me mum and also had to sit through a 45 minute "enjoy the game" speech by Phil Neal, the other Brucey was that we stayed in the brand new Raddison Hotel and when I went to pay, me muns firm had already payed (including bar/mini bar bill). Also on the friday night we met one of me mums Spouse coleagues in some posh restaurant in, or near Albert Dock and had a laaavily slap up meal, again all bought and payed for.
  • Options
    2x FA Cup Final tickets 1987 - Coventry City v Tottenham. A wedding present from the club I was working for at the time (Luton Town).

Only been to 2 finals - paid £10 for a £3-50p standing ticket at the other one - from a Middlesex FA rep. 1980 West Ham v Arsenal.

Just goes to show where FA Cup final tickets go.
  • Options
    Way back, at United Biscuits, as a rookie brand manager, I organized a promotion where the prizes were Goblin Teasmaids. My boss said I could keep one for myself. So I brought it home to the house I shared with my feisty Scottish flat mates. It was greeted with much derison. Had a girlfriend whom I hadn't yet persuaded of the merits of staying over. Announced I was pushing the boat out, taking her to a Berni Inn. My flat mates noticed that I rather presumptuously set up the Teasmaid before I went out. Got a result, and next morning when the Teasmaid started up I congratulated myself on a smooth operation. She took a sip of tea, and a little cloud passed across her face. Took a sip myself. Tea was full of salt. That's when a gale of Scottish cackling erupted outside the door. They'd put a kilo of salt in the kettle after I'd gone out.

Yep, all freebies come with a price
  • Options
    Even if it comes with a price a freebie is still better than no freebie at all.
  • Options
    I have lived a charmed life and had quite a bit of luck with freebies, sporting wise highlights have been golf at Wentworth & Muirfield . Rugby at Twickers, Footy boxes at Wembley, Spuds & Arsenal.

Best sporting though was a seat at The Valley - Chairman's table and ticket for game last season.

Also had a few trips abroad, Champions League in Prague, 5* Cyprus for a week & w/e to Barcalona to watch England play.

My best touch though was going round the world for 2 years (I paid for that!) and on the way home the flight was fully booked so I offered to stay another night...got given £600 (my 2 yr travel had only cost me £900 total so effectively 2/3rd back), put up in a 5 star hotel for the night, dinner, breakfast and first class lounge then first class virgin atlantic home with PJ's, champagne and a massage all thrown in!
  • Options
    after reading all the posts from you free loaders is it any wonder the country is f-cked
  • Options
    Got a free pint once in a boozer thought the barmaid liked me then my pal told me it was happy hour by 1 get 1 free never mind better luck next time.
  • Options
    Got a free boat ride worth £6 from the London Eye Pier to Greenland Pier tonight
  • Options

The last 20 years

• Options
    RedPanda said:

Not had many good ones. The most memorable was a hostel owner in Colombia offering free samples of the local produce. Needless to say, I was mortified.

Coffee?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got a free ticket to see The Killers in Hyde Park in 2011, was worth £60, can't complain
  • Options
    You lot are some lucky b'stards.
    Me, nothing nadda ever.
    If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all.
  • Options
    Get my mates brother p*ssed and drinks are always on him!
  • Options
    Some good ones here, I get lots of work freebies with foreign trips, nice hotels and all that but as Charlton Charlie said these trips do - believe it or not - get boring after a while.

Believe me, if you have seen one five star hotel you have pretty much seen them all and the travelling is bloody tiring and knocks you out of your work and family routine.

Nowadays I turn down plenty of trips and pass them onto colleagues (young 'uns who don't mind being on the lash 24/7 for three days) and only take the good ones.

Next month I am taking one to Israel for five nights, with work stuff built around a tour of the country. Certainly beats going to HK/Singapore/KL yet again!
  • Options
    I used to get loads of freebies into CAFC when I lived in Church Lane, but I couldn't get the F*cking anti climb paint off my hands for ages. I loved those old bogs by the laundry - Take that Glikstein!
  • Options
    Know exactly what you mean Ormy it does get tedious. However coming back from a very arduous week in the US I was bumped up to business class the reason for which I have no idea and I can tell you it was well appreciated.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Some good ones on here and I was lucky enough to be with GuinnessAddick for the Play-Off Final. He's sold it a little short though...we obviously had tickets already and then were offered Director's Box seats at Wembley by PV, so gave our seats away to friends.

The day started with a pass to the LWT studios just off Wembley Way, where there was a champagne reception. Back in there afterwards, as all the players and staff arrived, and then Pete invited all of us to the team hotel near Heathrow for more drinks.

Drinking with the players, loads of pictures of us with all of them and the trophy and then they were called into their meal. Pete told us to carry on drinking and there'd be a coach back to Charlton at the end of the night. After everyone had filed into dinner we were left alone until Pete stuck his head round the door and told us he had a table for us at the dinner. Just an unbelieveable and brilliant day/night.

And then tickets, with a very sore but happy head, to the Town Hall the next day. Having got home around 2am, I'd had to go to work and then fight through the crowds to get in that evening. Got through the day with the biggest grin on my face ever!! :-))
  • Options

Know exactly what you mean Ormy it does get tedious. However coming back from a very arduous week in the US I was bumped up to business class the reason for which I have no idea and I can tell you it was well appreciated.

I actually hate getting upgraded, makes the pain of being back in economy among the great unwashed all the more painful!
  • Options
    Got a freebie to Everton v West Brom in a couple of weeks with the full meal and drinkies beforehand routine.
  • Options

Got a freebie to Everton v West Brom in a couple of weeks with the full meal and drinkies beforehand routine.

Think I prefer TelMc32's one.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    The only freebies I can remember are two England games, one at the old Wembley, one at the new one, two tickets for a Robert Plant performance for VH1, and a Partridge Family box set.
  • Options
    After reading all these I am beginning to think I may have overreacted a bit when I stood on the table punched the air and shouted "FUCK YEAH!!" when I got a "Congratulations you have won 1 portion of regular fries" sticker on my milkshake recently :-)
    Some great freebies on here.... ;-)
  • Options

I used to get loads of freebies into CAFC when I lived in Church Lane, but I couldn't get the F*cking anti climb paint off my hands for ages. I loved those old bogs by the laundry - Take that Glikstein!

What, lowering yourself down through the steam on a cold winters night, and getting your plimsolls soaking wet?
  • Options
    1 x free trip to Spearmint Rhinos (with three free dances)
    3 x One week trips around Turkey/ Greece on an old boat
    1 x Trip to LA (albeit for 40 hours)
  • Options
    Free ticket in an exec box with unlimited free food and booze for the Froch Kessler fight at the o2.
  • Options

Free ticket in an exec box with unlimited free food and booze for the Froch Kessler fight at the o2.

Mind you, great view though it was, I'd say boxing is one of the few occasions when a box view isn't as premium-worthy, closer to the fight the better..

• Options
    Yours is the best TelMc.

My firm flew us over to our New York office's Christmas party a few years ago. Flights, hotel, huge swanky party one night and dinner on the firm the next. All Christmas shopping done by home time.
  • Options
    At the Anniversary Games a few weeks ago in the Olympic Stadium. Me and my Dad were there due to being involved with one of the sponsors. We got treated to free drink, ticket, food all day. Then afterwards, we were treated to a Q&A with Mo Farah and Usain Bolt, who we got to meet as well! That was by far the best freebie i've had!
  • Options
    Standing up on a busy train home on the long journey from university the day after the ex-missus broke up with me. About 20 minutes in the ticket inspector overheard me on the phone talking to a mate about it and promptly told me to make myself comfortable in one of the many free spaces in first class.
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

92 grounds on the

3blokes said:

After reading all these I am beginning to think I may have overreacted a bit when I stood on the table punched the air and shouted "FUCK YEAH!!" when I got a "Congratulations you have won 1 portion of regular fries" sticker on my milkshake recently :-)
    Some great freebies on here.... ;-)

Lol, I did a bit of extra work on customers truck that they should really have been charged for but as they were a charity employing disabled folk packing various items for big national companies, B&Qs, Focus and some supermarket suppliers I did for free, on the understanding they didnt tell my lot as it came 200/300 quid. Ever so greatful the manager called me back to the warehouse to see him and told me they were packing for proctor & gamble (daz washing powder) at the moment and as a thank you I was help myself to a couple of boxes from a pallet nearby, I asked a youngster nearby and he pointed to the pallet next to him so grabbing 2 x 6 jumbo boxes of Daz?? I was gone, Opening them on my arrival home, they actually contained 96 large jars of ""Hair Gel" (:-(