Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

**Poll** Will you buy a Season Ticket for Season 2013/2014

Comments

• Done our 3 after the game today!
  • Done before the match and was rewarded.
  • I already had two season tickets for next season and today justified them. Fabtastic performance. It is what we come to Charlton to see.
  • Done. Last Thursday. On-line - very easy....automatically deducted the discount for being VG.
  • Stone said:

Can anyone tell me how much cheaper the earlybird prices normally are? Id buy now but moneys tight at the minute!

If you read the add carefully, it doesn't say that season tickets will actually be more expensive after the deadline (unless I've missed soemthing?). So I reckon it's quite likely that they won't actually go up after Monday. It only says what you will save in comparison to buying tickets on a match by match basis.

Addicks fans who purchase their 2013/14 season ticket before the deadline on April 8th will save up to £169.

The calculation is based on the amount that can be saved in comparison with purchasing tickets on a match-by-match basis.

It's all smoke and mirrors. If they can say at this point how much we will save compared to match by match purchases, that presupposes that they know now how many footy for a fiver, Jackson 5, two for one offers and the like they will have. Ill I'll bet they don't at this point. Perhaps Airman could confirm? If they don't put ST prices up by a sizeable slug after Monday it will be gross misrepresentation. The clear implication has been buy your ST before 8 April or the cost of doing so will be significantly more thereafter.
    I agree the "up to £169" claim is almost completely meaningless, since there is no way of telling what ticket it refers to, even if the club knew the match prices.

In previous years we held back on announcing post-deadline prices to assess the take-up. Clearly if pre-deadline sales are down and price is thought to be a factor then it makes no sense to whack them up a lot further. But there has always been a view that there should be some increase to reward those who bought early.
  • WSS said:

I don't think Reams will...

Weird
  • aren't the club charged 2% for all credit card transactions but a debit card is a smaller one off payment (less than £2 at a guess) no matter what the purchase . I don't think passing the extra charge on is out of line personally

The £5 charge doesn't nearly cover what the club pays for the transaction, due to the extreme nervousness of the banks about clubs going bust mid-season. Charlton are charged a much higher percentage on season tickets than on match tickets because credit card companies are liable for refunds at any point if a club goes bust. Indeed at one stage a few years back there was a possibility the merchant services provider wouldn't allow us to accept credit cards on season tickets at all.
  • B

Falling rapidly out of love with the club.
    I have normally renewed through thick and thin by now, but after the dross I have watched (after a 200 mile round trip) the complete disregard for home supporters after the the Millwall game, the deliberate, in my opinion lack of comunication by the club I just feel that I have had enough. I am not angry now just very dissulutioned and sad. What has happenened to my club and the Return To the Valley spirit?

Update - I renewed on Saturday, I probably new deep down that I would, After supporting Charlton through thick and a lot of the time thin for 56 years it was in some ways inevitable.

Can only hope that TJ, MS et all try to get a real dialogue with the supporters (probably a forlorn hope) and give CP some funds to strengthen in the summer.

• Willie, I think many of us needed those couple of wins and a guest appearance from the sun to remind us why we do it year on year.
  • Sponsored links:

• If I renew tomorrow will the discount be available ?

The flyers handed out on Saturday said "48hrs" but of course the commercial centre shut for the weekend about three hours after that flyer was handed out. It is therefore only possible to buy today if you have an online log in-which I don't. Incredibly, unless I'm mistaken, to buy a ticket online you have to first call the commercial centre and set up a password.
  • I believe the deadline is 5pm tomorrow, i.e. when the comm centre closes on Monday.
  • Great, thank you very much - I'll renew first thing tomorrow
  • Well done to all those who've renewed and to those doing so tomorrow.

We don't know what the future holds regarding money being made available by the owners, or indeed, whether the owners will remain the owners come next season...IYKWIM.

What we DO know though is that we need all committed Addicks to stay solidly behind the team come August , whatever else may be going on off the pitch. Ideally this means as many supporters as possible buying their seats for the duration.

I know times aren't the easiest and the home form has been disappointing on the whole but with our backing, and our exceptional manager, who knows where we could finish in 12 months time.....

Just keep the faith.

You won't be disappointed.
  • Yup. Echo that. I applied for my season ticket before yesterday's game, so confident was I that we would win ; )
  • One window open at the valley queue of about ten...
  • Judging by twitter, looks like a lot of renewals today
  • Just renewed all three online.

Support you club
  • You have until 5PM to renew !
  • Renewed at lunchtime and there was a queue waiting behind me. Lady in ticket office said they had been busy today.
  • Sponsored links:

• A - Renewed a few weeks ago, 2x ST's.
  • There were five of us, renewed four, one didn't want to go anymore... Just cos he's playing in a Sat league!
  • Staff will now spend the coming days sorting through the high quantity of applications before new prices for 2013/14 are due to be announced on Wednesday. It is anticipated that season tickets will go back on sale, at the increased rates, on Monday, April 15th.

Once back on sale, all season-ticket holders for next term will continue to receive the added benefit of two free matchday tickets to selected home games for their family and friends.

Each 2013/14 season-ticket booklet will also contain two vouchers that can be exchanged for free admission in the same category. The offer applies to all but the six highest profile ‘gold’ games in 2013/14.

In addition to the savings on buying tickets on a match-by-match basis and the opportunity to see an exclusive pre-season training session at The Valley, benefits of a season ticket include greater priority when booking tickets for in-demand away and cup matches and selected discounts on other matchday tickets and room hire at The Valley.

The seats of existing season-ticket holders will be reserved until Wednesday, June 26th. Fans wishing to change the location of their seat at The Valley should renew their existing place and then take advantage of swap week, which is due to begin at the end of June, while new applicants can purchase from Monday and choose their seat from all those currently available.

Valley Express will continue to operate in 2013/14, which will be its 10th season. There are no changes to current routes and pick-ups, but the fare will rise for the first time in four years to £8.50. Season passes will be £165 and can also be renewed online (this service isn’t available online to new applicants).
  • My B changed to an A yesterday
  • Good man
  • Only because I had a go at him, miserable fecker.

Feel like his wife already!
  • Despite what I said earlier in this thread I buckled and renewed again
  • A. Did it weeks ago along with my two sons and grandson.
  • Uboat said:

Can anyone tell me how much cheaper the earlybird prices normally are? Id buy now but moneys tight at the minute!

I think I saved £65 on the early deadline for this season, for upper west.
    cheers, got it all done today, for anyone yet to renew the woman on the phone said if your posting it in you can put the date as the 8th and you'l be fine, as theyve got so much to wade through

• renewed last week