Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season tickets 2013/14 free match tickets offer?

Comments

• Options

Exactly muttley and the offer of free tickets is a nice cherry on top

Don't let that get in the way of the usual agendas and people arse kissing those people with agendas

These court cases can't come quick enough and it staggers me how many people genuinely want the football club to lose the case without knowing any of the facts

But you are one of the people with an oft repeated agenda. But have you noticed that less and less people are agreeing with your agenda now? As news has come out more people have realised that at least there are causes for concern.

At least you now accept that the court case are real and no longer "scaremongering" or "made up nonsense". But you don't ask yourself why there are three cases against the Club at the same time?

I havent seen anyone say they want the Club to lose the cases. AB I would guess would much rather not have to take the Club to an ET at all.

• Options
    I think it's a piece of inspired marketing by the club... I have two season tickets so depending on the T&Cs of the offer We could probably bring along one person for 4 games. Throw in a couple of wins and that could sell a few more tickets... We are all testament to how easy it is to get addickted...
  • Options
    Anyway...

Well done the club for throwing in up to £60 worth of tickets on top of the fair price for the ST and showing a bit of initiative

So much negativity...
  • Options
    I'm quite happy to get some free tickets. Will save some money if friends or family want to come. My brother-in-law had to pay £30 for an Ipswich tkt on boxing day when now (if not a gold game) we'd save.

Not sure how if it will be enough to change minds of those who've said they are not renewing due to cost of poor football though. If you can't afford it then it makes no difference. If you're unhappy with the quality of the football then it might work against renewing assuming you know two of three other ST holders you can blag their freebies for four or five games. But the plus it keeps that person coming to games.

It is a no direct cost offer. It will eat into match ticket sales but it is a balance between maintaining ST sales and early guarenteed income and sacrificing potential ticket sales.

It does seem to have been sneaked out late in the day but good that they are reacting to what I presume are low sales.

Be interesting to hear if it changes the mind of any waiverers.
  • Options
    razil said:

I'd like to see a full blown marketing initiative to fill the valley every week and this kind of thing would form part of that. As you point out this effectively reduces the average price per game of a season ticket, and could be added to to reward committed ST holders.

If one were critical one could rightly ask why not announce this when pricing was first released. Perhaps an amount of having to reinvent the wheel after the core team left the club. I'd like to look at it as a move in the right direction though.

Well said, razil.

BTW When is your consortium due to complete your takeover and will season ticket prices plummet NEXT season or the one after ?

• Options
    Sorry chaps/ladies consortium not quite in place yet..
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I think the wavering is more down to peeps not being convinced we are stll on track with plan A, the last two transfer windows being evidence enough
  • Options
    Probably wont be enough to convince me to renew but I do admire the initiative and it is making me think a little. How will the logistics work though if I take along a mate on my freebies and want them to sit besude me? All ST holders around me (assuming they renew!!) and we have top bollocks seats so wouldn't want to move to sit beside my freebie. Also if everyone decides to bring two mates on the same day there won't be enough seats. Ridiculous I know but I presume someone in authority has answers to these circumstances?
  • Options
    Airman was behind many full blown marketing initiatives in the past. I wonder if the new regime will be as successful.
    Perhaps the new regime think they will do better.
    In all cases artificially inflating attendance figures is a sign of pretty sad desperation to me, possibly understandable, and it may be that every club does it, but I would rather have the truth.
    In some other clubs, in some other places, at some other times, using distorted attendance figures at events has been a way of hiding moody money.
  • Options
    Said in the programme it will be vouchers to exchange for tickets, so I imagine they would be exchanged as if you were buying some extra tickets. I think it's a good initiative and will definitely use them bringing more family/friends. Now I just have to pick the games (this season I brought extras or new people to Barnsley and Millwall :( )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Probably wont be enough to convince me to renew but I do admire the initiative and it is making me think a little. How will the logistics work though if I take along a mate on my freebies and want them to sit besude me? All ST holders around me (assuming they renew!!) and we have top bollocks seats so wouldn't want to move to sit beside my freebie. Also if everyone decides to bring two mates on the same day there won't be enough seats. Ridiculous I know but I presume someone in authority has answers to these circumstances?

They can't move ST holders for you and quite right too. So your guest sit as near as you are you can get unless someone agrees to move for you and then you move the next game.
    rananegra said:

Said in the programme it will be vouchers to exchange for tickets, so I imagine they would be exchanged as if you were buying some extra tickets. I think it's a good initiative and will definitely use them bringing more family/friends. Now I just have to pick the games (this season I brought extras or new people to Barnsley and Millwall :( )

Games like Millwall, Palace, Leeds etc will be Gold games and you can't use these tickets for those games, if I understand the rules.

Regardless it is a benefit to ST holders. Not £60 as Southend said as we don't know the matchday prices yet but on this years prices £50 (2 x £25)>
  • Options
    I'm struggling to think of six "gold" games. I can't get past two and one of them could get promoted.

If I renew I doubt the tickets will be used. Tried about 15 people with two spares for Bolton and got nowhere - shame, they missed a cracking game, but that's football.
  • Options
    Does an under 11 season ticket still entitle 2 free adult tickets? It's not clear to me. Anyone?
  • Options
    How many of those moaning about 300'quid season tickets expect some punter to lob millions into the club?
  • Options
    As Airman has stated, this is a variation on one of his ideas. I rmember thinking target 10,000 was a bit ambitious! Great point Mortimerician.
  • Options
    I doubt that it will sway many waverers into buying a ticket but it is an interesting initiative and, in my opinion, a good one. It is simply another distribution channel for around 20,000 complementary tickets and one that seeks to utilise the hard core support as the most effective salesforce that the Club has.

Looking at the bigger picture, I don't see why that should prompt a negative or cynical response; quite the contrary.
  • Options
    What's not to like ?
  • Options
    Blucher said:

I doubt that it will sway many waverers into buying a ticket but it is an interesting initiative and, in my opinion, a good one. It is simply another distribution channel for around 20,000 complementary tickets and one that seeks to utilise the hard core support as the most effective salesforce that the Club has.

Looking at the bigger picture, I don't see why that should prompt a negative or cynical response; quite the contrary.

The season ticket holders who have stuck with it over the last six seasons are the core support of the club and for the first time the club is asking them to help fill the 6-8,000 empty seats in the home areas of the ground. I would go a lot further with this as well as approaching people who have given up their season tickets over the last few years.

As to there being no narrative to the future of the club ... well perhaps it is more difficult to read, and maybe this should be remedied at the same time. Or maybe we just have to wait and see what unfolds over the next six months. What I see is a squad developing into a solid mid-table side which might step up next season. I expect we will still have some moaners around but we will also have gates climbing by 10%.

• Options
    I like the idea and can see no negative. The club has always been big on giving away tickets so linking that thinking to a season ticket holder (who is likely to bring a local mate or family member) is a clever way of possibly securing new season ticket holders for future years. These people will probably buy something when they visit which does increase revenue. Clever thinking for me.
  • Options
    Be nice if we could use them for a cup game, I could then give my free ticket to myself, thus saving myself some money. Bet we can't.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I like the idea, both me and my son try to encourage a mate along a few times a season, so this can only help.
    I don't get all the negativity. What happened with just supporting your team, is the product really that bad really
  • Options
    If you don't like the idea, of course you don't have to use them.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

So no incentive for the season ticket holder at all then. The majority of my friends and family are season ticket holders anyway, so they might as well stay in the book.

You could always sell on the black market ;-)
  • Options
    If anything this has pushed me further into the 'not renewing' camp.
    Was gonna blow out the midweek games next season.
    Add to that I have 4 family members with season tickets, friends have offered their season tickets when not using them plus getting freebies through their kids schools and if the club continue to run the footie for a fiver etc offers its a no brainer.
  • Options
    Bums on seats. Great idea and might win back a few fans into regular attendance. I suspect that there are a lot of non renewal of season tickets this year. I would send all those not renewed a free ticket. We can't afford to have previously committed fans drift away. It's an easy habit to get out of.
  • Options
    @shootershillguru a very good point about renewals and something we are hoping to help CAFC with, no more on that right now but hopefully if we make good progress expect some news on this in next few weeks.
  • Options

If anything this has pushed me further into the 'not renewing' camp.
    Was gonna blow out the midweek games next season.
    Add to that I have 4 family members with season tickets, friends have offered their season tickets when not using them plus getting freebies through their kids schools and if the club continue to run the footie for a fiver etc offers its a no brainer.

How can being offered free tickets push you more into the "not renewing" camp?

From what you say it sounds as though you weren't going to renew anyway - which is your call, of course - but don't see how this offer could possibly put people off. It might not convince many, but it can't be a bad thing.
  • Options
    Thing is that existing season tickets HAVE been targeted to help bring people in before. There were a couple of games where only they could buy £10 tickets for example.

Lapsed ST holders were also targeted with cheap ticket offers.

The difference here seems to be that the tickets are "free" (although you have to buy a £300 ST to get them). Still very good value IMHO as our ST prices are low.

As Paulbaconsarnie has said there is a potential for this eating in the match day sales and deterring some. Others will see it as added value. Many will buy or not buy regardless as they either were going to buy anyway or weren't going to renew for financial or quality of football reasons.

The one thing that would really boost sales would be good wins v Brighton and Leeds but as the Airman and everyone else involved in Target 40K etc have always known that is something they can't control.
  • Options

Thing is that existing season tickets HAVE been targeted to help bring people in before. There were a couple of games where only they could buy £10 tickets for example.

Lapsed ST holders were also targeted with cheap ticket offers.

The difference here seems to be that the tickets are "free" (although you have to buy a £300 ST to get them). Still very good value IMHO as our ST prices are low.

As Paulbaconsarnie has said there is a potential for this eating in the match day sales and deterring some. Others will see it as added value. Many will buy or not buy regardless as they either were going to buy anyway or weren't going to renew for financial or quality of football reasons.

The one thing that would really boost sales would be good wins v Brighton and Leeds but as the Airman and everyone else involved in Target 40K etc have always known that is something they can't control.

Are they limited to adults or like for like purchases, i.e. can you buy a £50 U11 season ticket or a free carers' season ticket and use the vouchers to get two free adult tickets? Obviously an U11 season ticket could potentially have an U11 voucher, but I'm not sure what a carer would get. Not a criticism, just a question!
  • Options
    This is very good for me, I'm going to uni this year so am not renewing my season ticket, but as my brother and dad are renewing I can get to 4 more games as well as the 5 games I was going to go to through the 5 game ticket (if it is still available next season) so I can now get to 9 games - I don't know whether to be happy about that or not considering our home form this year ;)