Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season tickets 2013/14 free match tickets offer?

13»

Comments

• Options

Thing is that existing season tickets HAVE been targeted to help bring people in before. There were a couple of games where only they could buy £10 tickets for example.

Lapsed ST holders were also targeted with cheap ticket offers.

The difference here seems to be that the tickets are "free" (although you have to buy a £300 ST to get them). Still very good value IMHO as our ST prices are low.

As Paulbaconsarnie has said there is a potential for this eating in the match day sales and deterring some. Others will see it as added value. Many will buy or not buy regardless as they either were going to buy anyway or weren't going to renew for financial or quality of football reasons.

The one thing that would really boost sales would be good wins v Brighton and Leeds but as the Airman and everyone else involved in Target 40K etc have always known that is something they can't control.

Are they limited to adults or like for like purchases, i.e. can you buy a £50 U11 season ticket or a free carers' season ticket and use the vouchers to get two free adult tickets? Obviously an U11 season ticket could potentially have an U11 voucher, but I'm not sure what a carer would get. Not a criticism, just a question!
    So having answered some of your own questions, the one remaining is "what free tickets would a carer get to use / give away"

In fairness it could be a major issue and the idea could fall on its arse as a result - how many of those season tickets holders do we have ?

More or less than 50 ?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    If I was looking to by cynical, and I'm not especially, the club could remove the two free tickets as a way to 'increase' the price after 8th April without actually having to charge more.

I think the deadline is a real dilemma as anyone that doesn't renew in April is probably less committed (for what ever reason) and then asking them to pay more in June or July isn't going to make them more likely to renew - unless they are going to bring in some exciting players in the meantime.
  • Options

If I was looking to by cynical, and I'm not especially, the club could remove the two free tickets as a way to 'increase' the price after 8th April without actually having to charge more.

I think the deadline is a real dilemma as anyone that doesn't renew in April is probably less committed (for what ever reason) and then asking them to pay more in June or July isn't going to make them more likely to renew - unless they are going to bring in some exciting players in the meantime.

Could be but if they don't increase the cash price it will undermine the next early bird offer
  • Options

Could be but if they don't increase the cash price it will undermine the next early bird offer
    It would, but they might not be planning on being here next April, and/or if we look like going up this time next year the fans won't care.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

If anything this has pushed me further into the 'not renewing' camp.
    Was gonna blow out the midweek games next season.
    Add to that I have 4 family members with season tickets, friends have offered their season tickets when not using them plus getting freebies through their kids schools and if the club continue to run the footie for a fiver etc offers its a no brainer.

How can being offered free tickets push you more into the "not renewing" camp?

From what you say it sounds as though you weren't going to renew anyway - which is your call, of course - but don't see how this offer could possibly put people off. It might not convince many, but it can't be a bad thing.
    I dont think its that this offer is putting people off or that anyone sees it as a bad thing.

I, like PBS this season will not bother with midweek games (I stopped going midweek games halfway through this season) and had pretty much (80%) decided to not renew, although I have said this for the last few seasons but renewed anyway!

I know about a few season ticket holders that would probably let me have there extra tickets and like PBS says there will probably be promotions like football for a fiver etc that really make this a no brainer for me too.

So yes being offered free tickets can push you more into the "not renewing camp" all be it only a few of us!
  • Options
    @pioneer whats your main reason for not renewing?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    razil said:

@pioneer whats your main reason for not renewing?

Long story, fell out of the love of the game in the parky era. Have said every season since then that im not going to renew but still have so far. This season i stopped going to night games halfway through the season because i don't enjoy evening games like i used too. But i suppose if Im honest I don't seem to be so bothered about football so much nowdays its more about the social side.

Next season i wont be going to any evening games and with this new offer im sure i will be able to get tickets to about half a dozen or more games and maybe some promos from the club, and of course will pay for some on the day.

Hope that answers your question, not really just one reason.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Thing is that existing season tickets HAVE been targeted to help bring people in before. There were a couple of games where only they could buy £10 tickets for example.

Lapsed ST holders were also targeted with cheap ticket offers.

The difference here seems to be that the tickets are "free" (although you have to buy a £300 ST to get them). Still very good value IMHO as our ST prices are low.

As Paulbaconsarnie has said there is a potential for this eating in the match day sales and deterring some. Others will see it as added value. Many will buy or not buy regardless as they either were going to buy anyway or weren't going to renew for financial or quality of football reasons.

The one thing that would really boost sales would be good wins v Brighton and Leeds but as the Airman and everyone else involved in Target 40K etc have always known that is something they can't control.

Are they limited to adults or like for like purchases, i.e. can you buy a £50 U11 season ticket or a free carers' season ticket and use the vouchers to get two free adult tickets? Obviously an U11 season ticket could potentially have an U11 voucher, but I'm not sure what a carer would get. Not a criticism, just a question!
    So having answered some of your own questions, the one remaining is "what free tickets would a carer get to use / give away"

In fairness it could be a major issue and the idea could fall on its arse as a result - how many of those season tickets holders do we have ?

More or less than 50 ?
    You'd be amazed, I think. It's much more than 50.

Obviously it's not a big issue, I'm just interested in the detail.
  • Options
    Unless I'm mistaken we've only had one Football for a Fiver this season and I'm guessing that it's getting a bit late in the day to have another one - based on needing to promote it for a few weeks before the game.

It might be a good idea to have a big crowd for the Wolves or, heaven forbid we should still need something, the Bristol City game. However, I would imagine that the need for a result in these six-pointers will generate a big crowd anyway and with no promotion we might get more money by leaving the tickets at £25 or whatever they are these days.
  • Options
    Does it also serve the purpose of getting new potential supporters into the ground to try the product. The most useful free tickets of them all might be the kids ones if they can bring a mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We are all testament to how easy it is to get addickted...

I can run faster than you think.....

• Options
    I can barely be bothered to go or renew my season ticket so I can't really see myself trying to inflict others to my visual pain next season.

Would have rather the cost of two tickets taken off the renewal price but at least it's something I guess.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

If anything this has pushed me further into the 'not renewing' camp.
    Was gonna blow out the midweek games next season.
    Add to that I have 4 family members with season tickets, friends have offered their season tickets when not using them plus getting freebies through their kids schools and if the club continue to run the footie for a fiver etc offers its a no brainer.

How can being offered free tickets push you more into the "not renewing" camp?

From what you say it sounds as though you weren't going to renew anyway - which is your call, of course - but don't see how this offer could possibly put people off. It might not convince many, but it can't be a bad thing.
    I've had a s/t 21 out of the last 22 seasons, the one missing being last year. I didn't miss any matches last year and infact enjoyed the fact I could sit in different parts of the ground.
    The way I see it is if 90% of season ticket holders renew, then that's about 17000 freebies up for grabs for 17 matches.
    I would have a good chance of using vouchers from my 4 family members unless they read this and think 'ponce'.
    There must have been at least a dozen games this season friends and family have offered their unused s/t for my other half to use.
    Add to that the school give aways, football for a fiver, a tenner off 2nd match ticket, jackson5 promotions etc then I can't see me spending £440 or whatever the post-discount rate will be on tickets.
    If I have to then so be it.
  • Options
    I recently stated in another ST thread that we don't offer enough incentives to ST holders when compared other clubs. This is a step in the right direction.

I personally think that every season you should get 2 free tickets to use. Also any additional tickets you buy for every game should be £10 to ST holders, not just the odd two or three a season as per Bolton game just gone.
  • Options
    Have the post deadline prices been announced?