Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Martin O'Neill gone

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2013

Greenie said:

Over rated manager what has he ever achieved and I could manage Celtic to a sweaty premier title!

Could you also get Leiecester promoted, keep them up and win some silverware? Or lead Villa into Europe?

Top manager and they are doomed regardless of who's in charge.
    He built a quality young team at villa as well that unfortunatley got poached by Man city etc
  • Options
    Swapping O'Neil for Di Canio is hilarious! Even more nuts than the Adkins / McDermott situation.
  • Options
    Some say he is an overrated manager, so he took non league Wycombe from conference to what is now league 1 in 2 successive promotions and winning two fa trophy's.
    Took Leicester to prem, 3 league cup finals, winning 2 of them, day he left was the start of the fall of them.
    Celtic to a UEFA final, losing in extra time to Porto managed by Jose Mourinho.
    Villa 3 successive 6th place finishes, wish they were there now, don't they?
    Yes, overrated.
  • Options

An overrated manager for many years. His time at Celtic indicated abilities well above his real capabilities. I dread the thought that he will be yet another Ooooolster voiced pundit on the telly/radio

Oh dear!!

• Options

Great manager and won't be long before he gets another job.

He is most definitely not a "great" manager.
  • Options
    I said the same when McDermott was sacked but i'd take him in a heartbeat for the Irish job. Reckon Blackburn could go for him