Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What's your plans for Brighton away ?

A few of my mates are coming down from Dartford for the game at around 3 and were heading down our local for a few ! But i was wondering where the majority of the Charlton fans go for a drink ? Also heading into town after to the Font, be nice to see some more charlton fans around ?

Also what do you reckon the score will be ?
2-1 Charlton .

Comments

• Booked a hotel on front for Tuesday night - day in Brighton Tuesday and Wednesday. Reckon this is a tough one as Brighton have beaten Palarse and should have beaten an in form Forest yesterday. Hope their reserve keeper plays against us as he will be nervous after his clanger. Think we need Fuller fit and have a positive approach and with all that, think we can get something from the match. Be too negative, and we will definitely lose.
  • edited March 2013
    coach there & back=hip flask

with two boys to think about, was worried about the train coming back and the possibility of not getting home until Friday.

5-0 Brighton.
  • Drive to Lewes. Get train to Falmer. Loose 3-0. Get train to Lewes. Drive home.
  • Why bother then?
  • Meeting some Brighton friends in Lewes..train to Falmer.
  • Sit at home and watch PSG v Barca and keep checking the score ;-)
  • Sit at home and watch PSG v Barca and keep checking the score ;-)

Who's your money on Nathan? :-D
  • RedChaser said:

Sit at home and watch PSG v Barca and keep checking the score ;-)

Who's your money on Nathan? :-D
    PSG/Charlton double at 24/1 ;-)
  • Good lad.........oh hang on we only win when you bet against us :o)
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:

Good lad.........oh hang on we only win when you bet against us :o)

I might try this more often, although when I've put us in accys we've won
  • Planning on driving is there anywhere to park near the ground?
  • Planning on driving is there anywhere to park near the ground?

The short answer is no but check this out http://www.footballgroundguide.com/brighton_and_hove_albion/index.htm
  • RedChaser said:

Sit at home and watch PSG v Barca and keep checking the score ;-)

Who's OUR money on Nathan? :-D
  • Getting picked up at 15.45.

Get to the ground about 17.00 (after parking right outside).

Sit down to eat around 17.30/17.45 (not sure what's on the menu yet).

Have a few free drinks.

Watch the first half then have sandwiches and some more free drinks.

Watch the second half and then have some more free drinks.

Leave once the traffic has died down.

Get dropped off at my front door.

Quite looking forward to it.
  • edited March 2013
    Couldn't get the wednseday off so I'm not heading into town afterwards. Getting a train from Eastbourne to Falmer, 20 minutes later I'm at the ground. Get quite drunk cheer the boys on, go home knowing we won 2-0.
  • Half a dozen of us meeting at the Yorkshire Grey for a few Long Lifes, next door to the offi for a four pack of light ales each. On the train with no ticket to Brighton, light bulbs and the odd seat out the door on the way. Stroll around Brighton making a general arse of ourselves then off to the Goldstone for a football match crammed into the away corner. Lose, of course then all pile out for a run around the park with the Brighton idiots dodging old bill until being rounded up and frog marched to the station and put on any train back to London. Late 1970's stylie. Silly happy days...
  • edited March 2013
    Told by a Brighton mate that parking near the ground is a no no. Brighton is the worst city for parking in the whole wide world btw. Most of the hotels either don't have car parks or charge you extortionate anmounts to use their cramped ones! I found a website where you can rent somebody's drive for a tenner a day. Cheapest you will get there!
  • Half a dozen of us meeting at the Yorkshire Grey for a few Long Lifes, next door to the offi for a four pack of light ales each. On the train with no ticket to Brighton, light bulbs and the odd seat out the door on the way. Stroll around Brighton making a general arse of ourselves then off to the Goldstone for a football match crammed into the away corner. Lose, of course then all pile out for a run around the park with the Brighton idiots dodging old bill until being rounded up and frog marched to the station and put on any train back to London. Late 1970's stylie. Silly happy days...

My kind of game....

• Am having an extra day's leave and spending the day in Lewes, having identified several enticing looking real ale pubs (one or two of which I've visited in the past ). We'll be arriving by train at about 12.20, so it promises to be a fun day out.

6 hours or so later, it's then only about 7 minutes on the train to Falmer.
  • Sponsored links:

• If you're looking for a place to go out afterwards, Digital is the place. Full of birds. A few of us will be in there.
  • Floebot said:

If you're looking for a place to go out afterwards, Digital is the place. Full of birds. A few of us will be in there.

Is it an aviary?
  • Floebot said:

If you're looking for a place to go out afterwards, Digital is the place. Full of birds. A few of us will be in there.

Digital is good on a tuesday night !
    Although my mates just got V.I.P in maddame Geisha's free bottle of bubbly too ! Everyones welcome on our table !
  • Floebot said:

Is that in the town centre?

• Nicholas said:

Floebot said:

Is that in the town centre?

Digital is on the sea front .
  • Floebot said:

Went there new years eve this year and it was mental. Got the 3am - 8am ticket for when Julio Bashmore was playing.

Its on the sea front @Nicholas, literally on the beach.
  • Hitting digital after as well....

What's maddame Geisha's like on a tuesday??
  • Hitting digital after as well....

What's maddame Geisha's like on a tuesday??

Yeaaah its great on a tuesday very cheap too !
    If that doesn't tickle your pickle theres Lola Lo's next door which is great too
  • Cheers lads seafront it is then.
  • Right, we might actually go to this madame geisha seeing as you have vip? ;) ha .. hopefully there's a cheap car park in brighton where I can leave my car for the night,
    me and my mates are all sleeping in the car.. All the Hotel prices are so expensive