Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What's your plans for Brighton away ?

Comments

• Options

Right, we might actually go to this madame geisha seeing as you have vip? ;) ha .. hopefully there's a cheap car park in brighton where I can leave my car for the night,
    me and my mates are all sleeping in the car.. All the Hotel prices are so expensive

Yeaaaah do it ! Also car parking wise is a nightmare, theres nowhere cheap at all !

• Options
    Lola Lo is woeful on a Tuesday. Digital would be the best option. Life/Coalition right next to Digital along the beach are pretty good too.
  • Options

Lola Lo is woeful on a Tuesday. Digital would be the best option. Life/Coalition right next to Digital along the beach are pretty good too.

Coalition is the best club in Brighton imo , especially on a thursday ! But heard it's empty on a tuesday.
    Life and Digital is a good shout thoe.
  • Options
    Working Tuesday, leaving early and train to Brighton, find hotel see 2-0 away win, back to hotel, 7am train back to work!
  • Options
    Anyone know how is the best way to get from Brighton City Centre to ground and back. Tickets talk of free bus services but dont say where from. Presumably somewhere in the city. Or is the train the best bet?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Train from Brighton Station is only 3 stops away from Falmer is definitely the best bet. However the 25/49 buses from town go to the Falmer university campus which is right next to the stadium.
  • Options

Train from Brighton Station is only 3 stops away from Falmer is definitely the best bet. However the 25/49 buses from town go to the Falmer university campus which is right next to the stadium.

Yeaaah good shout !
    To get the 25 bus you'll need to walk from the station to churchill square and get the bus from there ! I would leave it at least 40 minutes for the bus journey too.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Madame Geisha's then Digital sounds like the best plan ;) As a student down here I can assure you Digital will be the best night! Parking situation is terrible btw. I'd recommend getting a train to ground. Or you can get a 25 which runs along Lewes Road which is a direct road from the Amex to town centre, ticket will cost £3 and will last all night until 4am.
  • Options
    thanks for advice
  • Options
    Am taking the train from Wirral to Brighton just after 10am. Door to door about 4.5 hours, pints, match, staying overnight near the station with a few lifers then going back on Wednesday morning for the 300 mile trek back. Result prediction - Brighton win.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Put the predictions in the prediction thread please.

Tidy.

WSS is on duty today.

Sorry WSS.

• Options
    Casually playing at stanmer park right!
    Buzzing for this !
  • Options
    I assume they run extra buses on a matchday.
  • Options

Buzzing for this !

Is that up at the Gym?
  • Options
    Drive down to Lewes and get the train
  • Options
    Floebot said:

Buzzing for this !

Is that up at the Gym?
    Oh what Virgin Fitness ? Naa im by the farm !
  • Options

Floebot said:

Buzzing for this !

Ah yeah, sports centre is just there.

• Options
    Apparently there are very long queues for trains from Brighton to Falmer on match days starting from 6pm.
    Get there early, get a cab, or be prepared to have a long wait :-(
  • Options
    Anyone got best suggestions for parking at stations on west side of Brighton that can get to Falmer? and how far is stadium from Falmer station?
  • Options
    Theres a load of car parks near brighton station , not to sure how much they are thoe , and The amex is literally a 10 second walk from falmer station !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stadium is literally right next to the Stadium. Not sure about parking
  • Options
    Drinking near Brighton Station?
  • Options
    I was wondering that too ?
    Anyone know where there drinking yet ?
  • Options
    shouldnt we be getting 5% off a pint if we pay by AMEX, after all the times I've been charged to use mine?
  • Options
    razil said:

shouldnt we be getting 5% off a pint if we pay by AMEX, after all the times I've been charged to use mine?

In your case lets hope so !
    Got to try a pie thoe voted one of the best in the country
  • Options
    By the station seems like the one, Queens head
  • Options
    A beautiful sunny day down here in Lewes, with lots of people drinking outside The John Harvey Tavern ( the sun is really hot, ie seasonal, although it most certainly helps having a wind break).

We are off in a minute for our fifth port of call but if anyone is breaking their journey in Lewes, I'd strongly recommend the Gardener's Arms, which is less than 10 minutes from the station at 46 Clffe Street. John Harvey Tavern ( the Brewery pub ), which is a stones throw away, is also good.

Next stop The Brewer's Arms, to be followed by the Lewes Arms.
  • Options
    Blucher said:

A beautiful sunny day down here in Lewes, with lots of people drinking outside The John Harvey Tavern ( the sun is really hot, ie seasonal, although it most certainly helps having a wind break).

We are off in a minute for our fifth port of call but if anyone is breaking their journey in Lewes, I'd strongly recommend the Gardener's Arms, which is less than 10 minutes from the station at 46 Clffe Street. John Harvey Tavern ( the Brewery pub ), which is a stones throw away, is also good.

Next stop The Brewer's Arms, to be followed by the Lewes Arms.

Good man ! Going to make my way down my local for a few then head to the queens head !!!
    COYR's
  • Options
    Got myself on the Guestlist for madamme geisha and digital, u cant say no to 1 quid jagerbombs.. Let us know your vip table name ;)
  • Options
    On the bus at the university park and ride right now and the atmosphere is absolutely bouncing.

There are four of us on board so far. I'm the only man.