Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rouamba Work Permit Rejected as Charlton "Too small a Club"

Comments

• Options

Some people need to learn how to join in with a joke rather than walking all over it.

Not fooled? Really?

: - )

The joke has to warrant it.
    Rather sad thing to say about a harmless April Fool's joke.

• Options
    I was just getting my rant ready about the FA and big club bias and then had that slow dawning realisation.
  • Options
    Like the way the OP has gone skulking over to 'into the valley' to try and get a rise out of them with this very poor effort.
    Even they sussed it within seconds.
    M.T.H

;-)
  • Options
    edited April 2013

Some people need to learn how to join in with a joke rather than walking all over it.

Not fooled? Really?

: - )

The joke has to warrant it.
    Rather sad thing to say about a harmless April Fool's joke.

I'm not the one getting all upset and precious over a harmless April Fool's joke! My comment had no nasty intent, it was because I thought it was a bit of a desperate attempt that nobody would fall for- I didn't want to spoil the jolly japes that would surely ensue and apologise if I prevented this! Make your next comment and I'll leave it there and rise above it - best way I think!
  • Options
    so any real news on his work permit yet ?
  • Options
    Someone on here said it had been granted, but not seen any official news myself
  • Options
    It was granted according to Covered End Junior/cafctwitter.
  • Options
    I never get caught by these, but I can't wait for my BMW Pram to arrive !
  • Options
    Club confirmed it on Saturday

NEWS: Midfielder Florent Rouamba has received a work permit and is eligible to play against Leeds today (MW) #cafc #lufc
    8:49am - 6 Apr 13
  • Options
    Can't find that on the OS Scoham. Have I been had? (it doesn't count if its no longer April 1)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He was sitting behind me at the Leeds game and he is an absolute beast. You can tell that man has been in some battles and I wouldn't mess with him, not even to let him know he has a shocking dress sense.
  • Options

Can't find that on the OS Scoham. Have I been had? (it doesn't count if its no longer April 1)

Was on Twitter
  • Options
    So is the club rule now that you can only get official information on twitter?
  • Options
    redman said:

So is the club rule now that you can only get official information on twitter?

I won't believe anything until it's on the OS.. Twitter feed.
  • Options
    Personally I don't think he has got his work permit yet otherwise I would have thought he would have played in the U21 game last night
  • Options
    He has got his work permit but he had to leave the UK to apply for it.

Seems that is the rule despite him getting the sponsorship form ie he's got a job and the required international games.
  • Options
    Wiki says we've only signed him for the 2013 season - does that mean he's only here for a month ?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Wiki says we've only signed him for the 2013 season - does that mean he's only here for a month ?

Yes. He's basically on trial.
  • Options
    Ah right - for some reason I thought you didn't need a work permit if they were on trial, shows what I know !
  • Options
    By the time it is all sorted we will be told he is not match fit, the season will finish and he will melt away back to whence he came.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has he died? RIP anyway.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Ah right - for some reason I thought you didn't need a work permit if they were on trial, shows what I know !

If you want to be able to play him in the first team then you do, I don't think it would be required to play in the reserves though. At least that is my understanding.

• Options
    If he's getting paid surely he requires a work permit ?
  • Options
    In Football Manager, upon which I base all of my knowledge, you can play in the reserves or friendly matches without a WP as you aren't paid whilst on trial. That why I thought the fact that he had obtained a WP would indicate he had a contract (I'm pretty sure one of the pre-requisites for a WP is that you have a job offer in the UK?). Has the length of his contract been confirmed by the club ?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

In Football Manager, upon which I base all of my knowledge, you can play in the reserves or friendly matches without a WP as you aren't paid whilst on trial. That why I thought the fact that he had obtained a WP would indicate he had a contract (I'm pretty sure one of the pre-requisites for a WP is that you have a job offer in the UK?). Has the length of his contract been confirmed by the club ?

He's not on trial, he signed a short-term deal until the end of the season.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

This is slightly different as we are registering him for the first team.

SE9 is right that he's effectively on trial, but we have actually signed him unlike most triallists.
  • Options
    On trial yes but on short term deal to protect ourselves from other clubs getting a look at him. Been training with us now for weeks so I imagine must be fit. Might see him on bench soon.
  • Options
    Hope so, interested to see what he's like.
  • Options
    Ok - so he isn't on trial, we've signed him but only until the end of the season. Lets hope we get to see him in some game time before the end of the season.
  • Options
    In terms of international quality we have Fuller and Cort, bit part players for minor teams and BP, Solly, Rhoys just on the radar of their international sides. This guy, a regular starter for a ranked country should be a shoe-in starter as soon as fit.