Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rouamba Work Permit Rejected as Charlton "Too small a Club"

13»

Comments

• Options
    Only got his work permit on Saturday , so could be involved Saturday but most likely Tuesday if players are tired etc
  • Options
    At this rate he'll be on bloody trial again!
  • Options

By the time it is all sorted we will be told he is not match fit, the season will finish and he will melt away back to whence he came.

Exactly.

Complete waste of time and effort that could have been focused on bringing a junior in.

• Options
    Or we find out he's better than what we've got, sign him up to a longer deal in the summer and get promoted next year.

I say we wait and find out first, and leave the judgements of whether its a "complete waste of time and effort" until we know for sure.
  • Options
    tricky said:

Or we find out he's better than what we've got, sign him up to a longer deal in the summer and get promoted next year.

I say we wait and find out first, and leave the judgements of whether its a "complete waste of time and effort" until we know for sure.

I am still waiting for Alonso to lead us to the promised land.
  • Options
    Or he'll do really well for a couple of games... then get pinched by another club offering more money!
  • Options
    In Powell we trust. Why wouldnt you have a look at one of the stars of the African Nations Cup and signing him up makes sense because you'd think he would interest other clubs. Could be the new Jorge Costa. Hope to get a look at him over the next 7 days.
  • Options

tricky said:

I am still waiting for Alonso to lead us to the promised land.
    We made about 20 signings last season and you're still bitching about the only one that didn't really come off. I just don't get some people's relentless negativity.
  • Options
    I work with two African guys. One from Nigeria and the other Zimbabwe. They both follow African football very closely and say that this guy will end up playing either in the Premier League or in Spain. Hope they are right.
  • Options

In Powell we trust. Why wouldnt you have a look at one of the stars of the African Nations Cup and signing him up makes sense because you'd think he would interest other clubs. Could be the new Jorge Costa. Hope to get a look at him over the next 7 days.

How does this stop other clubs signing him ? He'll be available on a Bosman in a month !

I find it really odd, given that the home office are quite strict when it comes to permits for non-EU players, that they issued one for such a short term contract - it's hardly a ringing endorsement of his abilities.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Rouamba's contract is only to the end of the season, but quite possibly already includes a permanent contract if both parties like each other?

Anyone been down to Sparrows to check out the player in training?

• Options

I work with two African guys. One from Nigeria and the other Zimbabwe. They both follow African football very closely and say that this guy will end up playing either in the Premier League or in Spain. Hope they are right.

We're not Spanish.
  • Options

We're not Spanish.
    No, but our new owners will be... according to the friend of a friend of a milkman who does a round near the house of someone who knows Slater according to someone who read it on a website once. Or so I hear.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

How does this stop other clubs signing him ? He'll be available on a Bosman in a month !

I find it really odd, given that the home office are quite strict when it comes to permits for non-EU players, that they issued one for such a short term contract - it's hardly a ringing endorsement of his abilities.
    Why wouldn't he get a work permit? He meets all the criteria for one.
  • Options
    That's that then. Gone in the summer to a rival no doubt.