Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Solly interview

2»

Comments

• Options

You don't have to possess blistering pace - just be quick over a few metres and have a quick mind. His strength is that he anticipates the game.

There are plenty of good footballers who aren't that tall - he's around the same height as Daniel Alves and Philip Lahm.

According to wikipedia he is an inch taller than baines
  • Options
    Think he is shite and can go tbh him and Powell
  • Options
    Solly is also the same height as Rafael, while Jagielka and Heitinga are not tall for CBs.

All he needs is a bit more experience, but I can see Charlton cashing in before he leaves on a free.
  • Options
    Would not want to stop him moving on to go further with his career but only if it is to play first team football and not to sit on a bench to later move back down to Champ to a worse team with his career eventually fizzing out.

Would love to see him go somewhere like Everton but play first team football. Really think he is something special. You don't get consistency like him out of any other player.

West Ham isn't good enough for him, but can see it happening to be honest.
  • Options
    everton brought a young full back and have coleman already west ham would probably be the place since theyve shown interest he would get straight into the team and probably wouldnt be out of it
  • Options
    Hopefully Prem teams overlook Solly and go for right backs in the league that catch the eye more going forward like Jack Hunt, Sam Byram and Kieran Trippier, or the still young but cheaper option John Brayford at Derby.
  • Options
    you can bet on player of the season? with who? what r the odds?
  • Options
    I think all Charlton fans love him and so do I. If he does go you just hope we get a very good price that will make our club stronger. Problem is we might try to make it 'undisclosed' but then again I doubt the other team will? This summer will be very interesting but I do fear the worst.
  • Options
    In my time as an Addick, the full back slots are probably where we have most consistently had very good players. In my time I've seen the likes of Humphrey, Reid, Minto, Brown, Mills, Bowen, Powell, Young, Hreidarsson and now Solly and Wiggins (there are probably a few I've forgotten too - you could maybe add Jenkinson to that list, he was our youth product after all).

Not all of them have been CAFC youth products, but I'd say Solly is already among the best of them. He's certainly one of my favourites.

I really hope he gets a chance to play for us in the Premier League, hanging onto him for another season might be all it takes to give him that chance. Whether with us or someone else, I've no doubt he has a very solid top flight career ahead of him. He seems pretty much ready for it now and is young enough to improve quite a bit yet. I'd be disappointed if he doesn't end his career with an international cap or two.
  • Options
    I was fortunate enough to be at the Trg Ground today ( POTY stuff) and spoke with SCP about Tues evening's game.

Chris Solly's name came up with reagrd to the way he has dealt with Lua Lua and Bellamy recently and what great asset he is to Charlton etc.

SCP said he's telling everyone that Chris is having a poor season to put any interested parties off the scent so maybe we too should be playing that game on here ...I suggested that the gaffer should also add that Chris is only 5 foot 1inch ....!

Like some on here, I believe that Chris will stay loyal to our Club at this stage in his career and is not the kind of player to have his head turned by the lure of the folding stuff alone. He is a thoughtful and quiet young man who wanted to stay with us at the end of last season and now, being one step away from the Prem with HIS Club, may well want to continue the fight to play there wearing the red shirt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    yes, maybe if the club can convince him of their ambitions, he will think it is in his best interest to stay. He certainly doesnt give the impression of a player fidgetting to go.
  • Options
    Love child of Stuart Pearce and Chris Perry
  • Options
    Has bellamy got out of his back pocket yet.

You can bet some helmet will boo him if he does go to a premier league club
  • Options
    Every player has a price and if it means we can get 4 or 5 top quality champ players next season that may fire us in to the prem, how much would you accept for Solly?

I personally wouldnt accept anything less than 4.5 million and I think that would be a good deal for both teams.