Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who thinks we can do it ?

Bolton, Leicester and Forest have tough looking games in the 45th round of fixtures, who thinks we can snatch 6th by May 5th?

Comments

• Options
    Me
  • Options
    Moo2
  • Options
    As amazing as it would be, I think we'll finish a couple of points short.

If we manage it, I actually fancy us to win the play-offs if I'm honest with you.
  • Options
    All we can do is win, which I believe we can do. So yes why not.
  • Options

No

What's wrong with your balls today NLA?!
  • Options
    If we had won at Cardiff I would have said maybe,now I think no chance.
  • Options
    We are not ready as a club the infrastructure the running costs the playing squad

Don't want it to happen
  • Options
    It's a no from me
  • Options

We are not ready as a club the infrastructure the running costs the playing squad

Don't want it to happen

It can surely do more good than bad though!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Richard J said:

If we had won at Cardiff I would have said maybe,now I think no chance.

Yeah, this is how I feel actually. Just a little out of reach for us.

If we did make it though, I think we'd be looking at yoyoing to get the money at first though.

• Options
    No I disagree it would potentially cause more harm than good

If we are to do it then doing properly is the key
  • Options
    Its not a matter of "us" doing it. It's a matter of three or four other teams doing it for us as well.
  • Options

Don't want it to happen

It can surely do more good than bad though!
    To be honest I would like another season where we can compete and enjoy the games. call me a pessimist, but in the prem we start and end the season with the target of avoiding relegation, picking up a few wins and being proud of our performance v a top 4 club even though we lost.

I'd like a season in the championship where we compete and at home get the wins we have missed this season. great achievement though it was, I got bored of the Prem last time.

The only reason I want to go back to the Prem is because if you don't go forwards you go backwards.
  • Options
    Wow another can we make the playoffs thread. yippeee
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Promotion would only be a good thing for the club. Previous Directors would get their money back which would be nice for them and remove the contingent liabilities from off our balance sheet. If the board was sensible we could then pay back the rest of our debt, add a couple of bits of quality, get beaten every week and head back to the Champ as a much stronger team both financially and personel wise in time for all our super kids to be making their way into the team. Would be great. That said, we have absolutely bob all chance of getting to the playoffs so irrelevant sadly.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    We're more tha capable of getting six points from our last two and it is possible that results will go our way and it's the play offs. Would I want us to go up? My head would say yes, for the financial benefit but my heart? No, not this season. We need another season to strengthen and consolidate plus SCP would benefit from learning his job at this level away from the glare of the Premiership circus.

Having said that, to be even seriously pondering the possibility of it happening with 180 minutes left of the season just shows how successful this season has been in my opinion.

Day out at Wembley would be nice though.
  • Options

We're more tha capable of getting six points from our last two and it is possible that results will go our way and it's the play offs. Would I want us to go up? My head would say yes, for the financial benefit but my heart? No, not this season. We need another season to strengthen and consolidate plus SCP would benefit from learning his job at this level away from the glare of the Premiership circus.

Hav

Was going to say something similar. We go up.we struggle.Powell gets the tic tac.
    It's a no from me.
  • Options

Promotion would only be a good thing for the club. Previous Directors would get their money back which would be nice for them and remove the contingent liabilities from off our balance sheet. If the board was sensible we could then pay back the rest of our debt, add a couple of bits of quality, get beaten every week and head back to the Champ as a much stronger team both financially and personel wise in time for all our super kids to be making their way into the team. Would be great. That said, we have absolutely bob all chance of getting to the playoffs so irrelevant sadly.

This. We could get a Cat One Academy, too...
  • Options

It's a no from me

Do you still want Powell out?

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/53945/thanks-chris/p1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Two hopes of making the play-offs:

1. Bob
    2. F*%k All.
  • Options
    Getting 6 points is not a certainty, particularly if Hughes and Jackson are missing. It's hard to see all the other teams choking.
  • Options
    Me but just want to get into playoffsto extend the season. We are not ready to go into premiership.
  • Options
    45th round of fixtures, are you American?

Its a no from me, a little too late, but fair play to Powelly and the squad for recent form.
  • Options
    Bob and no from me
  • Options
    Miminal chance anyway but if Hughes is out, no way.
  • Options
    For me, to be in the position with 2 games to go and half a chance means this season has been a big success. I think we'll be left a couple of points short (and unfortunately look back at games such as Hudds/Watford etc as missed chances). But until we're mathematically out of it, the dream is alive..!!!
  • Options
    all we can do is win our 2 games and hope others do us some favours i would love the day at wembley though
  • Options
    I think we could do our bit.
    But other results will put paid to our slim hopes.
  • Options
    Bolton are at home to Blackpool last game, no way they won't win that if they need a win for the play offs. Blackpool are rubbish.