Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CP 100% support

edited April 2013 in General Charlton
Another magniicent season, has he cemented his place now as one of Charlton's best managers, proving he can achieve on a shoe string, punching above our weight in a division of crazy debt and speculation?

This man deserves a fitting tribute, and a right good sing song at Bristol in our view. And maybe some of this http://wp.me/p2MIJ3-12Y

:)

Comments

• Options
    bump
  • Options
    Great idea!
  • Options
    Great idea!
  • Options
    Great idea!
  • Options
    Great idea!
  • Options
    Great idea!
  • Options
    C-c-c-c-c-combo Breaker!
  • Options
    Good idea.
  • Options
    Put one on every seat at boro.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    See @castrust twitter for free T-shirt comp,for best Powell mask action pic
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe everyone could also hold up an 'i'm the gaffer' poster and do a spartacus moment during the game, lol, standing up to proclaim to be Chris Powell!
  • Options
    Come on everyone, get your free masks and pack The Riverside:

http://wp.me/p2MIJ3-12Y
  • Options
    Love this. Genius!
  • Options
    Like that!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Injury crisis, little investment, no contract extensions for many players and CP, time to back Chrissy Powell
  • Options
    Great idea!
  • Options
    The team is lacking quality right now, and more worryingly, are starting to look like they have given up the fight in September. For the last 14 months there has been very little to cheer about at The Valley.

But I just don't trust anyone else to look out for the best interests of the club quite like Chris Powell.

100% support.

• Options
    Chris Powell isn't the problem, the board are. 100% support here as well.
  • Options
    nichorob said:

Or, of course, it could be the fault of those terrible suits that have dared to bring in rules that stop clubs spending millions and millions of pounds they don't have every year!

People on thus forum seem happy to see bankers hung for daring to gamble money they didn't have yet call for the owners of our club to do just the same.

Football needs to stop borrowing and we are not excluded from that!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2013
    It's still 100% support from me.
    We're struggling at the moment so to my mind that's precisely the time you rally round and support the team and manager even more.
    I'll be down there Tuesday trying to do that.

• Options
    We must get behind CP 100%, last season was a miracle based on what he was given, to repeat it would be virtually impossible but he told the Board that and they gave him nothing, he is the only senior person at the Club that cares, but he can't do it on his own, he needs us
  • Options

nichorob said:

Or, of course, it could be the fault of those terrible suits that have dared to bring in rules that stop clubs spending millions and millions of pounds they don't have every year!

People on thus forum seem happy to see bankers hung for daring to gamble money they didn't have yet call for the owners of our club to do just the same.

We go over the same old ground every week.

Some questions.

Why did Slater and Jimenez buy the club.

Was it for the betterment of CAFC or the betterment of MS and TJ.

I think I know the answers to both questions and on the basis I am correct I have no respect or liking for either of them. Until they depart the very club itself is at a huge risk.

• Options
    I've always been 100% support as I think things that have gone on off the pitch have affected what's gone on it.

However, lately there seems to be things going on during a game that only Chris can take responsibilty for. He still has a group of players that could survive at this level, but at the moment we look and play like a side that is devoid of all ideas.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Back in the days of Michael Glicksten, in the age of no internet or football fanzines, nobody, outside of the board, had a clue about the finances of the club. We just knew that we were not a rich club and that occasionally we would have to sell one of our best players to keep going. But the loyal 5/6 thousand keep going week in week out, enjoying the occasional good win and feeling miserable when we lost. But most of the time our full attention was on getting 100% behind the team. The Chairman, board, or club finances were out of bounds in the thinking of the majority of fans. We were ecstatic if we managed to sign two new players in the close season, rather than one. These days we are mortified if we haven't revamped the squad every close season, or if we get wind of the fact that a few players are getting to the end of their contracts and haven't been offered new one's. I'm not saying the old days were better, but perhaps we would all benefit if we stopped worrying so much about things that we have very little, or no, influence over, and instead concentrate on something that we can, like cheering the team on.
  • Options
    And in those days, when I first attended, not only were top players sold but rumour has it that around 1976 the board bottled it at the prospect of promotion into what was then division 1...and as a result the club started a slide which led to the move to Selhurst! which was simple enough when the fans knew nothing.

Not every fan need know every decision but, given the emotional and financial commitment of the fans (both individually and collectively) they should at least be made aware of the overall strategy...
    This helps manage the bad news days and also galvanizes those evangelical enough to canvass their schools, work colleagues and friends and family into coming down to The Valley.
    In this day and age if fans are told nothing and fed bottom half Championship fayre then the next generation will stick with PS3 & top six clubs on Sky. We are part of a club that has good times and bad times and we need something to keep us going right here right now
  • Options

nichorob said:

Some questions.

I think I know the answers to both questions and on the basis I am correct I have no respect or liking for either of them. Until they depart the very club itself is at a huge risk.

But once the Murray family were unable to retain the reigns were we not inevitably going to be at the mercy of business men wanting to reap the rewards of the Premiership money and do well for themselves. I have no love for TJ and MS, but they may be the second best owners we ever had this century, once they have sold on .. look at Portsmouth. Weren't the Russian consortium rejected by the banks as not fit and proper, so TJ and MS have no qualms about who they sell to. As I suppose in the end Murray did not either.
  • Options
    Powell is a charlton man through and through. Was with us in the prem,knows the club, Is 100% the right man for the job we are in debt, he has done miricles at the club with the resources avalible to him. If he hadn't taken over when he did we would be another portsmouth.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

nichorob said:

Some questions.

But once the Murray family were unable to retain the reigns were we not inevitably going to be at the mercy of business men wanting to reap the rewards of the Premiership money and do well for themselves. I have no love for TJ and MS, but they may be the second best owners we ever had this century, once they have sold on .. look at Portsmouth. Weren't the Russian consortium rejected by the banks as not fit and proper, so TJ and MS have no qualms about who they sell to. As I suppose in the end Murray did not either.
    These two creeps don't even attend matches. That's how much care they have for our club.

• Options

Back in the days of Michael Glicksten, in the age of no internet or football fanzines, nobody, outside of the board, had a clue about the finances of the club. We just knew that we were not a rich club and that occasionally we would have to sell one of our best players to keep going. But the loyal 5/6 thousand keep going week in week out, enjoying the occasional good win and feeling miserable when we lost. But most of the time our full attention was on getting 100% behind the team. The Chairman, board, or club finances were out of bounds in the thinking of the majority of fans. We were ecstatic if we managed to sign two new players in the close season, rather than one. These days we are mortified if we haven't revamped the squad every close season, or if we get wind of the fact that a few players are getting to the end of their contracts and haven't been offered new one's. I'm not saying the old days were better, but perhaps we would all benefit if we stopped worrying so much about things that we have very little, or no, influence over, and instead concentrate on something that we can, like cheering the team on.

Been thinkin that myself,internet has a lot to answer for.