Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jackson vs Bailey

All this talk in the "Rumours Rumours" thread has reminded me that they are simular players in more ways than one, both captains and leaders, both goalscorers, both wear the #4 shirt! But who did you prefer out of the 2? For me it's Jackson all day actually feels like he has a real love for the club which is nice to see

Comments

• Options
    Jackson. All day every day, on and off the field.
  • Options
    Jackson every day of the week
  • Options
    I would be shocked if any one says Bailey.
  • Options
    JJ
  • Options
    Jacko
  • Options
    Has to be Jackson, natural leader, great player!
  • Options
    Plus, if another post is correct, Jackson does not have a loud mouthed wife!!!!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Jacko unless he misses a penalty in the play off semi next season........oh hang on, won't happen, Yann takes them now :0)
  • Options
    No contest

Johnnie ,
    Oh Johnnie Jackson,
    He buys the drinks for me.
  • Options
    If Bailey hadn't missed that Penalty would people think differently? I think so. Bailey was excellent for us at times, and scored so many goals.

Saying that I still prefer JJ.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bailey and Jacko CM's next season, we would certainly have goals in our midfield
  • Options

If Bailey hadn't missed that Penalty would people think differently? I think so. Bailey was excellent for us at times, and scored so many goals.

Saying that I still prefer JJ.

This. Amazing how one penalty kick seems to make a player's ability drop about 50% in the eyes of many fans.

I'd go for Jackson simply as he has done the business the past few seasons and is very settled as a Charlton player. He's right for us.

On the whole, I'd still say Bailey has more ability. But maybe isn't right for us....
  • Options
    I liked Bailey but Jackson all day long.
  • Options
    As captain JJ has led the team to a 100+ point season, lifted a league title and guided us to Championship consolidation.

Bailey missed a penalty in the Playoff semi finals.

No contest.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

As captain JJ has led the team to a 100+ point season, lifted a league title and guided us to Championship consolidation.

No contest.

Not really fair that you've highlighted Jackson's best achievements and Bailey's worst. Saying that, I liked Bailey, but would rather have Jackson.
  • Options

se9addick said:

No contest.

Not really fair that you've highlighted Jackson's best achievements and Bailey's worst. Saying that, I liked Bailey, but would rather have Jackson.
    What will both be remembered for ?
  • Options
    Bailey.

Not really, he couldn't pass to a Charlton shirt often enough. Jackson by a long chalk. Although I'm talking about the 2nd half of this season Jackson :-)
  • Options
    Bailey was and is a good player but Jackson has done so much more for us and when it really mattered the captaincy armband has shone through on Johnnies arm.
  • Options

I liked Bailey but Jackson all day long.

this
  • Options
    I never liked Bailey,knew he'd miss the pen as he stepped up. Jackson seems to be like the Charlton men of old, whereas Bailey was just a good player surrounded by utter shite
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we were to return to the old threads we would see that "Bailey can't play in the middle of a four, only a five or wide left". As Covered End says, his passing was poor and he also made rash challenges. I'm still not convinced by JJ other than as part of a midfield who nicks results having been largely outplayed, even if the goal is often his.
  • Options

If we were to return to the old threads we would see that "Bailey can't play in the middle of a four, only a five or wide left". As Covered End says, his passing was poor and he also made rash challenges. I'm still not convinced by JJ other than as part of a midfield who nicks results having been largely outplayed, even if the goal is often his.

I agree. Oh & no one has mentioned Bailey's histrionics. He was nearly as bad as Drogba & definitely worse than Kermy .
  • Options
    Jackson, not even close for me. He's turned our season twice this season, Cardiff and Bolton at home where we were about to get tonked and went on good runs afterwards. Top bloke, absolutely love him a gentleman and credit to the club. By the way I liked Bailey too.
  • Options
    Bailey in the 2011/12 season would have been just as good as Jackson.
  • Options
    Bailey 89 league games 25 goals
    Jacko 108 league games 36 goals

Both very impressive goal tallys for midfielders but Jacko all day long for me.
  • Options

Might be a good combination for next season Mr Slater...
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Prefer Jackson if it was a choice but Bailey is now playing as a defensive midfielder and is two years younger.

I think he could be a good addition to the squad and team alongside Jackson.

Bailey was also voted player of the year albeit in a poor side.

A lot of the player who were written off as "useless" in the Pardew era have gone on to have decent careers in the Championship. Halford, Varney, Sinclair off the top of my head. Bailey is another.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Jacko for me although I liked Bailey.

They are similar wholehearted players with an eye for goal whose lack of real pace would bar them from playing consistently in the top tier. Jacko wins it for me because he has a wand of a left foot which both picks passes and scores from free kicks.
  • Options

Bailey 89 league games 25 goals
    Jacko 108 league games 36 goals

Both very impressive goal tallys for midfielders but Jacko all day long for me.

How many of Jackson's games were at left back aswell?
  • Options
    Johnnie Jackson 100%

Bailey was energetic but a liability with his tackling and stray passes, whilst Jackson overall is a more classy and composed figure.

It's hard not to have a biased opinion because Jacko has captained us to a league title and a good first season back in the Championship whereas Bailey was part of some of our worst ever years.