Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

German Match Ticket Prices

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Uh-huh, mostly Italy but I try and get away 2 or 3 times a season so have done a few 'minor' leagues as well. I've only been to Spain once but it's fairly easy unless you want to do a really big game. Madrid and Getafe we both bought within an hour of kickoff, though it's worth going earlier on or the day beforehand. A mate paid 10 Euros on the door for Valencia v Betis last season.

Germany was a bit tougher. A friend who knows no German got Schalke Europa tickets on their site, Dusseldorf we purchased the day before, and Dortmund I made a mess of... Bought through Tickazilla for £64 each and thanks to a German public holiday they arrived after we'd left the country. However, we got 2 returned tickets, 15 Euros each, from Dortmund shortly before the game. No refund from Tickazilla.

In Italy I have been ripped off by agencies for 'high risk' games but generally you can buy at the ground or in the city. A lot of clubs sell on Listicket and they just tell you to collect beforehand. Milan's a good place to go, from there you can get to Parma, Brescia, Atalanta and Novara easily, then Samp/Genoa, Chievo/Verona and Juve/Torino a bit further out. If you're lucky you can even fit 2 matches in one day.

I think a lot of people get fooled as many countries only sell a week or two prior, hence a UK agency seems the only way; basically all they do is lend you a season ticket. It's always worth going on a club's site and checking to see if their next home game is available, or emailing the club as there'll always be someone who can at least speak broken English. Otherwise I've signed up to a few forums and asked.

I also check Soccerway UK to see if they usually sell out, if not then I usually say sod it wait 'til I'm there. If you do that then beware touts at big clubs who will speak crap like 'hey mister, is no ticket here, big sell out!'

Anyone who wants some help then feel free to inbox me, not doing Boro I have nothing happening this weekend so would be happy to!
  • Options
    does anyone know the exact dates when the fixtures for the european leagues get released? im guessing they will be later as they finished after english leagues?
  • Options
    The Bundesliga has a really annoying habit of only releasing match dates and times in blocks of about 5 games, about 6-8 weeks in advance. So, for example, you might know that Hamburg are playing Bremen on the weekend of 7-9 March at the start of the season, but you won't find out if it's Friday evening or Sunday afternoon until the beginning of February. Makes it really difficult to book flights!
  • Options
    Fixtures came out yesterday, TV changes etc TBC:
    http://espnfc.com/fixtures/_/league/ger.1/german-bundesliga?cc=5739#
  • Options
    I went to see Hertha Berlin vs Gladbach. Was such a great day out. The holiday was very messy. Was cheap too!! Visiting the Olympiastadion too was immense and a decent price. About £20.

Nothing beats the atmosphere. The flags, the chanting, the beer. It's all amazing. If you're thinking of doing it, do it!
  • Options
    I'm going to see Dortmund v Nuremburg in Feb. By plane. Staying over.

In also going to Boro next week. Staying in Newcastle for 2 nights.

Guess which is cheaper...
  • Options
    _nam11 said:

how much is the dortmund trip costing you with plane,hotel and match ticket?? thinking of doing a trip over there.
  • Options
    _nam11 said:

dortmund cheaper! no doubt the train ticket is as expensive as the air fare
  • Options
    Bayern Munich are subsidizing their fans' trips to Arsenal, each fan will now pay £30 to get in rather than £75.

I don't particularly like Bayern but that is classy, a shame they have to do it.