Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Middlesbrough v Charlton Ath | Sat 27th April 2013 | Match Preview, Teams, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    It's a compulsory cliche now on CL but this league is all about small margins. I think this is a tough game against a team that is clearly under performing. Very difficult to call this but we owe them one for The Valley debacle and they are short of confidence and Woodgate. I'm going 1 - 1
  • Options
    1-3 mammoth away performance.
  • Options
    momentum is building as the Charlton juggernaut thunders on.

however, we have no chance in this game and i expect a 6-1 defeat.
  • Options
    The manager and players have performed superbly recently and I think we are due a reaction.

Draw at best.
  • Options
    I think we will have a convincing win (will be at game) 0-4.
  • Options
    Comfortable away win 4-0.
  • Options
    green & gower 4 jj & hughes. not been impressed by boro this year but i think they r playing us at a gd time now we r mathematically safe. 2-1 to the boro. start the car
  • Options
    Pre-Boro GIFs include Hulse's goal from earlier in the season: http://plentyofshots.wordpress.com/2013/04/25/rob-hulse-goal-vs-middlesbrough/

&

Holland's winner in 2003/04 (to put us fourth!): http://plentyofshots.wordpress.com/2013/04/25/matt-holland-goal-vs-middlesbrough/

Sadly I can only see a defeat on Saturday however.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    0 -1 kermorgant pen 80 mins.
  • Options
    0-1 Obika 93+3.57
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

0-0

Have to agree, after Barnsley we've used up our goal allocation for the season..
  • Options
    Obika to score winning goal on Sunday morning.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    0-0. End of season.
    Stroll in the sun against Bristol City then @Nug entertains us for a few weeks with kit designs before we get a tea towel style shirt, then kick off the season with a home win against Bournemouth. I've seen the future.
  • Options

Any news on Hughes??

If he's still breathing bung him on even if its for the first five
  • Options
    We never lose.

Any news on Hughes??

If he's still breathing bung him on even if its for the first five

• Options
    All hangs on what central midfield we put out. No Jackson or Hughes = 2-0 defeat. Both in 1-1.
  • Options
    Think we'll win both of our final games and miss playofffs by 3pts.

1-2 (Morrison & Pritchard)
  • Options
    Think Obika deserves a start tomorrow, as does Green after he's impressive cameo last week. A few goals in this one, 2-3 win.
  • Options
    I don't think you can look any further than a 5-5 draw.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Mowbray will get so enraged that he will melt on his players. Although that could just be pie in the sky.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You telling porkies SHG?
    You deserve a Tony for that performance
  • Options
    I am 100% certain that the lads will keep up the high performance levels of recent weeks and get at least a draw, although my money is on a 1-3 win for the Addicks. Obika to start and score again.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Away win against a demoralised team: Middlesbrough 0 v CAFC 2
  • Options
    Our away form has been so good I can see us getting something from this game but much will depend on the team put out. Confidence is good, the Riverside will be full of empty seats and I can see a 1-1 draw. End of the play off push but still a very good away record to be proud of.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure we lost a last home match of the season not too long ago against Boro, maybe in the prem years.
    I think the two teams will meet for Boros last home game with a similar mentality in terms of the statements made by each side. We have reasons to be positive about the experience, Boro want the season over with.
    The fly in the ointment will be that Boro will want to do something for their suffering home fans, but maybe their support is also mentally in off season mode.
    If we go there 'on business' as it were, and put in the kind of display we had at Brighton we might have a happy day. The big unknown is if we have officials that have an attitude towards us southern softie flash London spiv types and send off Solly in the first minute (has he had any/many bookings this season?).
    Tomorrow is my birthday, but in the absence of RM I will likely still do the match thread, I hope it isn't a long and dreary afternoon.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Like many others here i'm looking at yet another away win. If we really wanna win the game we definitely have the team to do it, no question. We are THE form team in the division atm and confidence has gotta be as good as it gets right now. The players are clearly enjoying winning just as much as we are.

It's worked out great for us really cos I reckon our poor home form up until 0-2 Bolton is the cause of our current resurgence. It's actually created a target, an aim for the remainder of our season.

This might come across a bit harsh but i'm not having a pop at CP or the squad at all (CP, best thing to have happened to this club imo, love our squad atm, everyone of 'em is capable of top draw performances) but the anomaly of our home form, if it had continued, would have taken the edge off a `successful' season remaining in the Championship. I'm sure we'd have survived ok but still....we'd have this `what could have been' thing moping about the place. Nothing drastic, more a bit of a shame etc ;P
    We all kinda knew that we are a lot better than those home stats were displaying, a LOT better. It just wasn't clicking for some fuck-knows reason....but that pattern had to break at some point and the boys sorted it just in time to leave a genuine opportunity to completely turn our season around....and thats exactly what they are doing. Our away form figures don't lie, we've been stunning on the road, capable of beating anyone in the division.....the home form HAD to follow.

On a side note the self motivation thing going on within the squad right now is joy to behold tbh. I feel theres a real camaraderie vibe going on and that includes to the supporters as well. The players seem to genuinely care, they really do. CP has done this. They care cos he cares.

COYR!!
  • Options
    Watford beat Leicester - one of the results has gone our way - we need to be up for this one!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    -
  • Options
    A lot is going to depend on who we have in central midfield, I cant see (or know why really) Fuller being dropped especially if the preferred centre mid two are missing.

The stats all point to a win but I can only see this as banana skin. Lets hope their holding midfielder gifts us as many chances as he gifted other teams when he played for us.

• Options
    Huges and JJ fit. Many really underestimate what Pritchard brings to the team - his workrate really elevates our midfield.