Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Brentford sickener...

Penalty v promotion rivals doncaster in last minute, score and they go up today and doncaster in playoffs. Penalty hit bar and doncaster go up other end to score and seal promotion.

Gutting!

Comments

• Doncaster won the title with that goal.
  • That 20 seconds was incredible. Imagine being a Doncaster fan in that situation.
  • edited April 2013
    Horrible for Brentford fans but for Doncaster, from thinking "here we go, into the play-offs" to winning the league in 20 seconds. Madness.
  • one of those 'you couldn't make it up' moments at the end for Brentford
  • If they lose in the play-offs I can't see that penalty taker staying long...
  • that has got to hurt

The penalty was more Rodney Trotter than Marcello Trotta...
  • Mate supports Brentford i text him saying Im sorry about what happened he sent me back saying that he thought that the whole crowd was going to take part in a mass suicide the atmosphere was that demoralising right now...

On the bright side if they don't go up in the playoffs he owes me 20 quid!

Nicky Baily springs to mind!

• Wanted Brentford to come up, much better away day than Donny!
  • Sponsored links:

• To make things worse this poor bugger must be feeling even worse !
  • Holy jebus.
  • Don't fancy them in the play-offs now, having to recover from that. Shame, because I like them as a club, especially when compared to Doncaster!

Bloody 'ell, don't know what I'd do if that happened to me. Must've been spending it in his head already, poor fella.

• edited April 2013
    controversy time .. Crooks & Savage on the BBC final score opined that the ball MIGHT have crossed the line from the penalty ... BUT, the Donny goal stands .. I am feeling very philosophical .. how slender the margin between ecstasy and despair, between achievement and disaster, between success and failure, between ying and yang, between cheech and chong
  • Amazing to think that if the penalty had not been given, Donny would certainly have sat tight for a draw and the title would have gone to Bournemouth. On such narrow margins are champions made - unless you are Charlton and romp the league with 101 points :-)
  • Brentford game at 0-0:

C: BOURNEMOUTH
    P: DONCASTER
    3. BRENTFORD

If Brenford scored their penalty:

C. BOURNEMOUTH
    P. BRENTFORD
    3. DONCASTER

Doncaster scored breakaway goal:

C. DONCASTER
    P. BOURNEMOUTH
    3. BRENTFORD

They showed it on final score, it was actually a decent penalty.

To make things worse this poor bugger must be feeling even worse !

Its not loading now but here it is

Oh dear. That's going to happen to me one day I just know it
  • The guy who posted that last night admitted it was a photoshop. Thank god.
  • Sponsored links:

• Trotta loanee took kick despite Captain O'Connor demanding ball. Ref was shite, gave nothing to Bees apart from pen for kick in face. 5 Bees players crying in Donny box when goal scored at other end!
  • I watched the Doncaster fans in the away end out of my back window (I used to be able to see some of the pitch but the club put a fence up). Just bizarre. Last of the Brentford fans now going home in front of the window as I type this. If Rosler can lift the Brentford players to get through the semi finals of the playoffs then he is man-manager of the year.
  • WSS said:

The guy who posted that last night admitted it was a photoshop. Thank god.

Ohh really ?
    Christ thank god, don't even wish something like that would happen to a Millwall fan.
  • WSS said:

The guy who posted that last night admitted it was a photoshop. Thank god.

Ohh really ?
    Christ thank god, don't even wish something like that would happen to a Millwall fan.
    Yeah the payout would be more like 400K from my quick glance...

• edited April 2013

If they lose in the play-offs I can't see that penalty taker staying long...

On loan anyway I think.

Just seen it - went for power, can't really blame him for not trying to be cute with it, bit unlucky.
  • Should have let BWP take it. :-)
  • Good.

Disliked brentford since we lost in the JPT there on pens.
  • E-cafc said:

Wanted Brentford to come up, much better away day than Donny!

Indeed. Hopefully them or Sheff Utd in the playoffs. I'm not a fan of Swindon or Yeovil!
  • Rosler had a nominated penalty taker but someone else took the kick - shows how unprofessional some teams are. Ridiculous (not that he necessarily would have scored).