Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Arsenal Fans To 'Snub' Guard Of Honour?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Just typical braindead level of attitude that seems to come from supporters of clubs like Arsenal, United, Chelsea etc. They see it more as a day at the theater where they must boo, whereas die-hard supporters in the lower divisions would always appreciate the achievement of another club (unless it was your nearest and dearest rival).

The sort of supporters who claim to "hate" this team and that team, yet wouldn't be able to understand the TRUE ups and downs of the loyal Football supporter.

Really can't stand that sort of thing with the big clubs.
  • Options

Not sure whether that is / is not directed in part at me Tom, but for the avoidance of doubt, I would applaud most football league / Premier league clubs onto the pitch if they were Champions.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Just typical braindead level of attitude that seems to come from supporters of clubs like Arsenal, United, Chelsea etc. They see it more as a day at the theater where they must boo, whereas die-hard supporters in the lower divisions would always appreciate the achievement of another club (unless it was your nearest and dearest rival).

The sort of supporters who claim to "hate" this team and that team, yet wouldn't be able to understand the TRUE ups and downs of the loyal Football supporter.

Really can't stand that sort of thing with the big clubs. </blockquote
    OR a CAFC player has agreed to go to United......slight difference.

• Options
    Preston at their ground and Hartlepool at ours gave us a guard of honour in acknowledgement of our achievments, I see no reason why we should not return the respect for other teams coming to us in the future that have secured their league ... even Palace and Millwall, although I hope that never happens.
  • Options

Not sure whether that is / is not directed in part at me Tom, but for the avoidance of doubt, I would applaud most football league / Premier league clubs onto the pitch if they were Champions.

No, certainly not directed at you.

It was directed at the Arsenal, United, Chelsea types who seem to have a 'rivalry' with every club going in their minds.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

It was directed at the Arsenal, United, Chelsea types who seem to have a 'rivalry' with every club going in their minds.
    These Ars*nal, United and Chelsea types...feel free to expand. They support their club just like you support Charlton.

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

cafctom said:

These Ars*nal, United and Chelsea types...feel free to expand. They support their club just like you support Charlton.

Some do, many don't.

• Options
    I find it embarrassing that thousands of grown men will be doing a Nah nah nah nah nah!
    Let's hope their children can talk some sense into them.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    JohnBoyUK said:

cafctom said:

The likes of Chelsea consider the following as 'rivals':

- Tottenham
    - Millwall
    - Man United
    - Arsenal
    - West Ham
    - Leeds
    - Liverpool
    - Fulham
    - QPR

I've probably missed countless others as well who they 'hate'. Try telling me that's not ridiculous.

Most of the Chelsea fans I know who supposedly 'hate' such clubs do not support their club anywhere near the same level 90% of Charlton fans support their club. True Football fans do not find a way of hating every club going. Those who do that are the ones who simply don't understand the efforts that go in to being a true supporter, and that in same way or another, we're all made up of the same complex DNA to follow a football club through thick and thin.

This trend happens 100x more with the 'big six' than anywhere else.
  • Options

One of the worst things that Sky have done is to generate fake rivalries between the clubs. There was a time when rivalries between clubs were usually local - Man U and City, Arsenal and Spurs etc now it seems as though every club automatically hates every other team. There's far too much emphasis on personalities and tribalism. Still if you want to call that "supporting" your team then carry on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agree to a point BFR, but Utd & the gooners have had a dislike for each going back to George Graham in the 60's/70's.
  • Options

Agree to a point BFR, but Utd & the gooners have had a dislike for each going back to George Graham in the 60's/70's.

Which is 50 years ago...bit silly really carrying on someone else's argument.

• Options

Arsenal fans are going to turn up late / turn their backs , for Van Persie et al at the Emirates whilst the 'guard of honour' takes place ,at the Emirates tomorrow , is this a complete lack of respect from knowledgeable Football fans , shouldn't Arsenal fans be applauding Man United's achievements this season , and how would you feel if we had to do the same for Palace at the Valley in the last game of NEXT season?

Lacks class IMHO. I could see why if it was Spurs but not Man Utd.

Likewise SHG. Just an extension of this Sky manufactured "rivalry" between their pet favourites.
    sky manufactured?
    were keane v viera, keown v van nistelrooy or ian wright v schmichael fueds part of the manufacturing process.
    or frank stapletons transfer from arsenal?
  • Options
    I'm not sure what it is about the transfer system gooners don't understand.

It's not like van Persie is Islington born and bred. He was with them for many years, scored a lot of goals, secured their Champions League place and left, leaving them with a nice transfer fee. He left to win silverware, which he did. I know they don't like United, but their ire was mostly aimed at their former player.

Still, in a way it's good to see fans who think themselves so holier-than-thou behaving like small minded idiots.

God, I hope they fail to make the CL this year. I've got a tenner on them to make it which I'd very much like to lose.