Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Team V Bristol City (Youngsters)

2»

Comments

• Options
    dickplumb said:

I want us to win and win well. Wouldn't mind seeing Roumba on the bench and perhaps Azeez but I doubt we will see either. I think SCP is very much a cautious manager.

I heard that Rouamba had left the club.

Can anyone confirm this ?

• Options
    Valley11 said:

What about Michael Smith?

Totally agree he should play some part.
  • Options
    Hamer
    Solly-Morro-Dervite-Wiggins
    Pritchard-Jackson-Hughes-Harriott
    Obika-Smith

Bench: Button, Fox, Azeez, Piggott, Fuller, Hollands, Cort.
  • Options

dickplumb said:

I want us to win and win well. Wouldn't mind seeing Roumba on the bench and perhaps Azeez but I doubt we will see either. I think SCP is very much a cautious manager.

I heard that Rouamba had left the club.

Can anyone confirm this ?

Obviously i can only say what i have been told and i have to accept it as true

The response i just got was

" I think he may well have as i havent seen him around lately but no one has said anythibg about it "

• Options
    Generally, I think SCP will want a winning end to the season, to carry on the great unbeaten run into next season - so he won't go overboard with the kids.

I think Feely playing centre back with Morrison is a good shout - he was on the bench recently and would be good to test as neither Cort, Taylor or Dervite seem to have quite cemented the other central defence position.

I'm not sure SCP is sure about Wilson at right back, so might be tempted to try Cousins there as a potential back-up or replacement for Chris Solly. In a way, I hope not, because Solly has been fantastic all season and I would love to see him in the final game.

Obika to start up front with Yann, with maybe one or two of Smith, Azeez and Pigott on the bench. I doubt he will start any youngsters in midfield, but maybe Poyet or Gerard on the bench.
  • Options
    Hamer
    Solly
    Taylor
    Morrison
    Wiggins

Waggy
    Hollands
    Jackson
    Harriott

Smith
    Obika

Fox
    Dervite
    Cousins
    Poyet
    Green
    Kermorgant
    Azeez
  • Options

Hamer

Solly
    Morrison
    Dervite
    Wiggins

Pritchard
    Hughes
    Jackson
    Harriott

Obika
    Kermorgant

Couple of youngsters on the bench and Wagstaff to give him a Valley swan song.

• Options
    Nothing to play for, Brizzle are shoite so screw it play a bunch of youngsters/fringe players

Pope

Cousins, Feely, Mambo, Evina

Green, Gower, Poyet, Harriott

Obika, Azeez

Sho-Silva, Smith, Fox, Piggott, Rouamba, Taylor and Cort on the bench, no GK as Talyor can fill in if needed

People like Mambo and Pope can play can't they, as their loan clubs' seasons are over
  • Options
    There is absolutely no point in playing a bunch of 17/18yr old youngsters. Young fringe players perhaps.
  • Options
    I thought that points meant prizes, more points=more prize money. We should be going for as high a position as possible. Leave experimentation for the pre season warm ups/'friendlies'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I thought that points meant prizes, more points=more prize money. We should be going for as high a position as possible. Leave experimentation for the pre season warm ups/'friendlies'

I think it's places rather than points. We only need a draw to assure 9th although if Leicester lose to forest and we win 19-0 then we can finish 8th !
  • Options
    How a bout CAS Trust having a word with CP and we have a poll for each position through CL and Raz manages the team on Saturday :-)
  • Options
    I would like to see Mambo and Fox given an outing.
  • Options
    Finishing position also has a bearing on our seeding for the Capital One Cup doesnt it?
  • Options

Finishing position also has a bearing on our seeding for the Capital One Cup doesnt it?

Not in the CCC,the year we finished below half way in L1 we ended up in the bottom half of the draw.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    I'd play the best team we've got available.

You shouldn't change a winning/in form side - regardless of the level of importance of the game.

Have a couple of youngsters come on as sub, sure - but no more than that. Its all well and good saying "just play a team of newcomers", but to have a full team would mean they would end up getting thrashed and wouldn't really do them any favours.
  • Options
    Would like to see the team mostly unchanged

Hamer, Solly, Morrison, Cort, Wiggins

Green, JJ & Hughes (if fit), Harriott

Kermorgant, Fuller

I really rate Green, whenever I had seen him play he always seems to add some excitement to our performance and seems to make things happen.

• Options
    A full team of youngsters and stiffs would be pointless, 1 or 2 youngsters starting or coming on would be much more effectice, as they's be playing in a proper 1st team with the likes of Soly, Wiggins, Yann, Fuller etc, rather than a glorified U21 team.
  • Options
    Strongest side for me and a few goals hopefully.
  • Options
    As many have said here any more than 1 or 2 young players is pointless. Players will learn more playing alongside experienced pros in a settled side.

Also think Wagstaff deserves a final appearance if he is to be off this summer.