Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Well Done Doncaster

For doing what we did last season, although nowhere near as emphatically. I have a soft spot for Donny as they are one of my local league clubs, a mere 60 miles away

Comments

• Options

For doing what we did last season, although nowhere near as emphatically. I have a soft spot for Donny as they are one of my local league clubs, a mere 60 miles away

Hopefully hull don't go up and we could have 2 games right on our doorstep lol

• Options
    as long as important alright jack
  • Options
    Got to be up there with the jimmy glass goal in 99 for drama. Happily hand the trophy over.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I was watching the pen, and then thinking, surely the Donny goal was offside?
    If Ricardo's was for us yesterday, then i'm sure Donnys goal was.
  • Options
    i thought he was behind the ball. might be wrong
  • Options

Yes, he was. I think the point being that so was Fuller.......
  • Options

Yes, he was. I think the point being that so was Fuller.......
    oh, got ya.
  • Options
    No dont think he was behind the ball imho.
  • Options
    Glad they've gone up, easy away game to go to from Uni next year.
  • Options
    Pleased for them, got a couple of colleagues at work who are Donny fans. Nice and easy game for me too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For me too
  • Options
    Wasn't too fussed about the prospect of playing Doncaster at first, but the drama in that game is near enough impossible to top. Beyond fairytale finishes as far as Football is concerned.
  • Options
    Triple cheers for the owner of Mansfield Town: He has a very naughty looking Mrs as the club chairperson, his team has just escaped the clutches of the black hole a k a the conference and his insurance company sponsors the shirts of Doncaster Rovers.
    Doncaster Rovers is a nice club in a much abused but underrated town playing in a nice stadium and as Grimsbyaddick says, right on us Lincs boys doorstep, lucky that doorstep is very wide.
    AND .. dead easy to get to from London, fast trains all the way
  • Options
    Who's Doncasters manager was it dean saunders who left them for wolves ha ha going to do a swap and fairplay to donny for turning it around and going straight back up , shame we couldn't
  • Options

Who's Doncasters manager was it dean saunders who left them for wolves ha ha going to do a swap and fairplay to donny for turning it around and going straight back up , shame we couldn't

it was Oh Dear Deanoooooo .. the 'new' manager is Brian Flynn, another reason for the Welsh to be cheerful.
  • Options
    Reckon we'll have a few up there next season as we've only played them away on a Tuesday at their new ground I believe.
  • Options
    Cheers lincs flynny must be getting on a bit
  • Options

Cheers lincs flynny must be getting on a bit

he looks about 90 .. a wizened little Welshman .. wiki has him as 57
  • Options

Reckon we'll have a few up there next season as we've only played them away on a Tuesday at their new ground I believe.

Yeah, an Andy Gray looping header for 1-0. Possibly the worst win I've seen.

• Options
    RedPanda said:

Worst win I've seen was us beat Notts County 1-0 at home couple season back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Doncaster have rewarded manager Brian Flynn with a 2 week contract.
  • Options

RedPanda said:

When Elliot saved a penalty? Awful, awful game of football.
  • Options

RedPanda said:

Yeah that's the one, County fans probably still wondering how they didn't get something.
  • Options

RedPanda said:

Yeah that's the one, County fans probably still wondering how they didn't get something.
    So are the Rovers fans.
  • Options
    I'm glad Donny won the title as they seem a decent club, but I was a tiny bit disappointed as Brentford would have been brilliant for the terraces and a pub on each corner of the ground.
  • Options

Reading between the lines, he could be on his way even after managing the side to promotion. John Ryan, the Donny owner, is a very ambitious man. He made his money through a chain of cosmetic surgery/enhanced body part clinics and is always looking for 'bigger and better things'
  • Options

Reading between the lines, he could be on his way even after managing the side to promotion. John Ryan, the Donny owner, is a very ambitious man. He made his money through a chain of cosmetic surgery/enhanced body part clinics and is always looking for 'bigger and better things'
    I'd like a bigger and better thing...do you think he does a Thursday discount for pensioners?

• Options

I'd like a bigger and better thing...do you think he does a Thursday discount for pensioners?

Ryan's company slogan is: 'The impossible we do at once, miracles take a little longer' (:->)
  • Options
    Have to say the standard of teams coming up from that league this season is very poor, can see bournemouth doing alright but doncaster and the rest of the teams in the play offs are all pretty poor.

Actually league 1 as a whole has been pretty poor, god only knows how sheffield united managed to get a play off spot. Such an awful team.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Was a truly awful game, after which I think, Pardew told the press it was our game plan to keep giving the ball away!
    Really pleased for Rovers - our lasses family are all season ticket holders so the games next season have that bit of extra spice!