Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Well Done Doncaster

2»

Comments

• Options

Doncaster have rewarded manager Brian Flynn with a 2 week contract.

Promoted Doncaster Rovers have asked manager Brian Flynn to switch to the role of director of football, BBC Radio Sheffield reports.
  • Options
    He seems pleased with his new role in player recruitment, development and scouting. The estimable Dickov P is being mooted as Flynn's successor.
  • Options
    Dickov favourite? What are they doing?!
  • Options
    -Michael Appleton pic.-
  • Options

Dickov favourite? What are they doing?!

It'll be little & large if he gets the job and keeps Rob Jones as his assistant. Dickov is 5'6", Jones 6'7". Dickov may prove to be a shrewd appointment, a hard headed little scot who did a decent job at Oldham with no money. We will see who gets the job
  • Options

For doing what we did last season, although nowhere near as emphatically. I have a soft spot for Donny as they are one of my local league clubs, a mere 60 miles away

Lincolnshire football has suffered of late, but there's always the Lincs Derby, Grimsby v Lincoln in the conference. I'm not sure your yellow belly neighbours would appreciate you congratulating a Yorkshire club though :-). There are so many Yorkshire clubs they could have there own league, almost like London.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Loco said:

For doing what we did last season, although nowhere near as emphatically. I have a soft spot for Donny as they are one of my local league clubs, a mere 60 miles away

Lincolnshire football has suffered of late, but there's always the Lincs Derby, Grimsby v Lincoln in the conference. I'm not sure your yellow belly neighbours would appreciate you congratulating a Yorkshire club though :-). There are so many Yorkshire clubs they could have there own league, almost like London.
    agreed ... apart from Yorkshire, Lancashire outstrips almost any other part of the country when it come to professional football .. But .. I was talking exclusively of League clubs, especially in the Championship. Hull and Scunthorpe are nearer, 35-40 miles away. I go and watch Grimsby quite often despite the fact that Blundell Park is usually colder than the Antarctic. They are so inconsistent as are many of the conference sides. Whoever said the difference between decent and great players is consistency had it right. The derby v Lincoln is a big thing of course and is always a sell out at both venues.
    It was not so long ago that Doncaster Rovers was rotting in the conference. What made it the club 'it is today' ... Money of course, specifically John Ryan's money.
  • Options
    The derby v Lincoln is a big thing of course and is always a sell out at both venues.

It hasn't been a sell out at sinny bank for years.