Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bill Roache Arrested!

Another t.v regular bites the dust, perhaps nothing will come of it though.

Comments

• Poor Deirdre
  • Didn't realise he's 81! He may be going a bit senile these days, but he's doing well for 81.
  • relates back to 1967!!!!!
  • It seems that all the minor league shaggers from the 70-80's are getting a tug atm (no pun intended...)
  • It's all getting too ridiculous for words.
  • 1967!!!!, getting stupid now (as if it wasn't already)
  • He should have been arrested years ago...for his acting.
  • Not surprising (if you follow Ken Barlow on twitter...)
  • Ken Barlow is innocent. Viva Ken Barlow.
  • Sponsored links:

• He should have been arrested years ago...for his acting.

LOL

Or his pathetic defence of Neil Hamilton.

• It is all a bit daft. Most of this probably relates to someone getting their bum squeezed 30 or 40 years ago. Why is it now coming to light?

• Swisdom said:

It is all a bit daft. Most of this probably relates to someone getting their bum squeezed 30 or 40 years ago. Why is it now coming to light?

Maybe the sun shines out of it?
  • UK Gold must be sh*tting themselves. They'll have nothing left to show at this rate.
  • Agreed that this is getting ridiculous. Nobody from the 1970-80s showbiz seen can be sitting comfortable right now!
  • Swisdom said:

It is all a bit daft. Most of this probably relates to someone getting their bum squeezed 30 or 40 years ago. Why is it now coming to light?

Rape allegation.
  • edited May 2013
    So it's alleged that someone raped a child and the reaction from some is:
    a. make jokes
    b. apparently query why this has not come to light sooner
    c. make the offence seem less serious

The arrested individual is innocent until proven guilty. Further, there is a strong argument for the individual who has been arrested to retain anonymity until the end of the trial, however there is also a strong argument for this not to be the case.

In relation to children (or adults) in general who have been victims of crimes such as rape there are plenty of reasons why they do not raise the matter with the authorities till many years later. Some may have raised the matter previously but not had the matter dealt with fully. It is surely for victim of crime to decide when to discuss the matter and not for the perpetrator to say x years have passed so you can not say anything.

Some people need to have a think about what they have posted.

• The arrested individual is innocent until proven guilty..

Exactly.
  • The law has to change. No matter who they are , their names should remain anonymous until found guilty.
  • Sponsored links:

• My point is there was a woman who was saying she was groped on top of the Pops by Jimmy Saville many years ago.
    The story as it appeared in the paper said that she was violated she was desperate to get away that she was really upset and crying But there is actual YouTube footage of the incident and it doesn't appear anything off the sort. Whilst it is evidence he did something like squeeze her backside. The actual footage portrays a slightly different version of events and it just seems like somebody was jumping on a bandwagon Trying to get some easy money.

Again I reiterate I am not saying what has happened is right but I fail to understand why it takes over 40 years for some of these cases to come to light When it must be nigh on impossible to prove or disprove
  • he isn't accused of groping a ass read it again
  • After so much time surely it is one person's word against that of another. There can't be any forensic evidence and how can a defendant be expected to remember events so long afterwards if their actions were perceived normal for the time?
  • edited May 2013
    Swisdom said:

Again I reiterate I am not saying what has happened is right but I fail to understand why it takes over 40 years for some of these cases to come to light

Because it wasn't reported before, or it was but wasn't properly investigated ?

My maths teacher smacked me round the face when I was about 13. I never reported it. I could now if I chose to, it was definite assault.
  • Swisdom said:

Again I reiterate I am not saying what has happened is right but I fail to understand why it takes over 40 years for some of these cases to come to light

Because it wasn't reported before, or it was but wasn't properly investigated ?

My maths teacher smacked me round the face when I was about 13. I never reported it. I could now if I chose to, it was definite assault.
    But what would it achieve? It's impossible to prove either way.
    nolly said:

he isn't accused of groping a ass read it again

Wasn't saying he is on this occasion - just using it as an example of some Of the claims that have arisen as a result of operation yewtree

How many people have been implicated in all of this so far and how many have been charged.

The point remains they should've been kept anonymous because their careers will permanently be tarnished because they are guilty by association now.

• Copulation Street ?
  • Proving rapes is hard enough, it helps if the victim goes straight to the police so that dna samples can be taken.

When the incident happened 45 years ago, there'no evidence other than 1 person's word against another person's...
  • How the f@@k can you prove anything that happened 45 years ago? This is turning into a total farce.
  • The law has to change. No matter who they are , their names should remain anonymous until found guilty.

agree entirely

• loads get found guilty with historical cases