Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

That's what they do?

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Sick-Philpott-chants-heard-Pride-Park/story-18890257-detail/story.html

I don't really know what to say... Although I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Comments

• Options
    When you think they can't go lower, they always seem to prove you wrong. A club that is heading for oblivion (I seriously believe that) and it doesn't take a genius to work out why their gates are so small.
  • Options
    I agree Muttley. I can see Jackett getting seriously peed off in particular and leaving at the first opportunity he gets. He simply isn't able to take that club forward as he hopes, because of the fan mentality at Millwall.
  • Options
    They just don't get it do they?
  • Options
    It was west ham fans.
  • Options
    They really are a bunch of classless, knuckle-dragging f***tards.
  • Options
    There is a lesson for all clubs in this. When people cross the line, we need to make it clear we don't tolerate it. We shouldn't be accused of being party poopers for doing so. That is what differentiates us and others from Millwall.
  • Options
    We await the usual excuses being trotted out and the misuse of the word "banter"

• Options

We await the usual excuses being trotted out and the misuse of the word "banter"

Stupidly I always do have a look at one of their forums to see what some of them think. Todays highlights include "pot, kettle, black" (on account of the fact some Derby fans once sung about Forests dead chairman) and "what do these these handringers expect at football matches?"

Classy lads.

• Options
    Truely scum fans to do that no respect for those poor dead babies
  • Options
    That's the thing NLA, they have no respect for anyone or anything. Not even the club they represent. Utter wastes of blood and organs, the lot of 'em.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I hope Jackett sees sense and walks, he's far too good for that club.
  • Options
    He will go this pre season i think he looks like a man who has had enough of them tbh

The more you think about them that must rate as the worst thing they have done

To sing about dead kids to provoke a reaction is just too far

• Options
    I remember a few years back they were singing songs to a West Ham player (Collison maybe?) about his dad very, very shortly after he'd passed away.

Just a bit of banter you understand.
  • Options
    The thing is, it wasn't just us that wanted them to go down, but fans of other clubs up and down the country. That says it all really. Jackett is a good manager who deserves respect and he needs to move away from that rabble to go forwards.
  • Options
    Jackett won't walk. He has a good relationship with his chairman and regardless of what is written on the Millwall forums the support of the vast majority of Millwall supporters. I think he's already shown that the reputation and behaviour of the scum element of fans is something he is quite happy to distance himself from but largely ignore. Their poor season will provide proof enough for Berylson to spend some money from his fortune to ensure we are stuck with them.
  • Options
    Utterly despicable. I'm sure old-school Millwall would disown this present generation of lowlife.
  • Options
    "It's only a minority."
  • Options
    He won't walk, friend of mine on FB went to POTY at the pig pen and apparently he gave a very motivational speech about next season.
  • Options
    before some of you start getting "holier than thou" I remember hearing the "family song" being sung on Saturday by certain sections of or crowd to the Bristol fans.

Now, maybe having sex with your mother/sister etc usn't as bad as burning down your house with your kids in it but comes pretty close in my book !
  • Options
    Not on the same planet.

Unpleasant as the incest song is it isn't about actual events.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One is an old, overdone stereotype at which no offence will be taken these days. The other is a very recent, harrowing and sensitive national news story. What's your point?
  • Options

One is an old, overdone stereotype at which no offence will be taken these days. The other is a very recent, harrowing and sensitive national news story. What's your point?

What about the Jimmy Savile song against Leeds then?
  • Options
    Wouldn't ever defend that.
  • Options

before some of you start getting "holier than thou" I remember hearing the "family song" being sung on Saturday by certain sections of or crowd to the Bristol fans.

Now, maybe having sex with your mother/sister etc usn't as bad as burning down your house with your kids in it but comes pretty close in my book !

Are you joking ?
  • Options

Isn't that Golfies point? We have had several incidents of crass behaviour by a minority of our own fans this year (including Saturday), many of which have been defended by some. What they sang is disgusting of course but let's not pretend we don't have our share of morons and racists too.

• Options
    Yes we do.
  • Options

Utterly despicable. I'm sure old-school Millwall would disown this present generation of lowlife.

i don't remember the old school being any less despicable

• Options

Isn't that Golfies point? We have had several incidents of crass behaviour by a minority of our own fans this year (including Saturday), many of which have been defended by some. What they sang is disgusting of course but let's not pretend we don't have our share of morons and racists too.

Totally agree. Fortunately for us, (unlike the spanners) it's only a minority. Let's hope it stays that way....................
  • Options

Interesting points. Most of us seem willing to tar all with the same brush when it comes to Millwall. Whether there's a decent element or not they haven't been able to alter the behaviour of a bulk of their fans or that club's public image over many years. If their support is split into factions i suspect it is regionally based (Bermondsey/ surrey docks/ Fisher based versus others) rather than stratified by social class as a lot (most?) other club's support is.
    kafka said:

i don't remember the old school being any less despicable

• Options

That is the point I was trying to make. They are not as prevelant as at Millwall, but when they cross the line we need to let them knnow it isn't acceptable -otherwise it is th ethin end of the wedge. We'd have a victory where that line was crossed and some on here would lay into people who voiced displeasure for trying to turn something good into something bad. That people voice displeasure is actually what means this club will never be a Millwall.