Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I saw a mouse

There was an old song to this tune, what were the words to it? It had the line 'a little mouse with boots on" so it was probably in line with the times.
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Roger Miller.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I saw a mouse, where, there on the stair, there on the stair, right there
    just a little mouse with clogs on, well I declare
    going clip clipperty clop on the stair.................

F**k knows why I remember that!

Walks away slightly embarrased......................
  • Options
    Where?
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Where?

On the stair.

• Options
    Where on the stair?
  • Options
    Right there
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Sung by Ronnie Hilton - I remember it from when I was a kid. It was always played by Ed 'Stewpot' Stewart on Junior Choice at weekends.....!
  • Options
    Quick, someone call BIG ROB!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yes, I'm afraid I'm of an age to remember this: it was sung by Ronnie Hilton and went something like this:
  • Options
    And we wonder why other fans take the piss!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    thenewbie said:

What's that supposed to mean?
  • Options
    Off_it said:

thenewbie said:

What's that supposed to mean?
    I think we're meant to be singing songs about f**king yo mama and drive-by shootings these days...................
  • Options
    Or the sick songs our braindead Bermondsey chums were singing at Derby yesterday.

Disgusting.
  • Options
  • Options

I think the words were changed to make it into a Charlton song from the 70s, probably would've been a hoolie type
  • Options

Remember it well, mate !

Others in a similar vein : "I'm a blue toothbrush, you're a pink toothbrush " and " Gilly gilly ossen feffer etc " - both Max Bygraves ?

Don't write songs like that anymore...

thank goodness !

• Options
    edited May 2013
    if memory serves me right we also used to sing a good one about an "itsy bitsy teenie weenie yellow polka dot bikini"... but cant remember all the words now?

it was for judy garland the midfield dynamo.
  • Options
    I used to like little white bull by Tommy Steele and high hopes by Frank Sinatra
  • Options
    Mosscat said:

I used to like little white bull by Tommy Steele and high hopes by Frank Sinatra

Aaah, more memories !

" Tommy the Toreador" was the first film I was allowed to see unaccompanied by an adult at The Century in Dartford.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    halfway up the league is the place where we stop, were not at the bottom we're not at the top
  • Options
    And there was me thinking that this was a thread on a certain member of Valley Security who spent Christmas Day chasing a mouse around Valley reception with a bamboo cane........
  • Options
    Jesus I had a load of these. Let's not forget "my boomerang won't come back" by Charlie drake and one about never smiling at a crocodile
  • Options
    PaulCAFC said:

Sung by Ronnie Hilton - I remember it from when I was a kid. It was always played by Ed 'Stewpot' Stewart on Junior Choice at weekends.....!

it was ... you know what .. I could have sworn it was 'sung' by Max Bygraves 'til you mentioned R H
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    No, no, Max's was 'By a tiny house, by a tiny stream......' (Gilly-gilly-ossenpepper cassenella-bogan by the sea).
  • Options
    March51 said:

No, no, Max's was 'By a tiny house, by a tiny stream......' (Gilly-gilly-ossenpepper cassenella-bogan by the sea).

who could forget that one .. or was it ossenFFeFer ? .. as Max would have said: Let me tell you a little story .. a British Lions rugby match in S Africa many years ago when games were refereed by local officials .. one game the referee was Mr Cassanella - Bogan .. that is one of those stupid things that has stuck in my mind for a LONG time. It must be a good old fashioned Dutch name
  • Options
    Kerlassic .. lol
  • Options
    FFS shut up, all of you! All those bl**dy songs keep going through my head now. Aaaargh!
  • Options
    There's some crackers in here from my childhood. I was always a fan of Bernard Cribbens myself...Right Said Fred still makes me smile.