Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dean Saunders sacked

Wolves are in a right mess!!

Comments

• Options
    They need to start again, clear out, new manager, new players.
  • Options
    Shocker, he's been awful.
  • Options
    Moving from Doncaster to Wolves went well then.

Still, I'm sure the big pay-off will ease the pain and the Donny job is available again.
  • Options

They need to start again, clear out, new manager, new players.

I think they've quite enough new managers over the last 14 months!
  • Options
    PS

Powell to Wolves. You heard it here first : - )
  • Options
    I agree they need to start again with regards to new players but if the owner sat back and thought about it he'd see what Saunders did at Doncaster in terms of rebuilding and getting them back up out of league one
  • Options
    He only had a 1 year rolling contract signed in January - so no fat compensation for him.
  • Options
    The bloke is a deluded fool needs to be away from football altogether the clown

Read some of his quotes on the wolves forums it don't take a rocket scientist to work out why players didn't perform
  • Options
    Suspect he will go back to the Keepmoat.
  • Options
    It would be hilarious if he went back to Doncaster!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Steve Morgan would be better off sacking himself
  • Options
    Curbs to Wolves, you heard it here first : - )
  • Options
    Wolves will hit rock bottom eventually - not a nice place to be but they will bounce back.
    The dismal end to our second season in Div 1 will take some beating by then.
  • Options
    Jackett has resigned too
  • Options
    RZA said:

Jackett has resigned too

Nothing online
  • Options

RZA said:

Jackett has resigned too

Nothing online
    The three threads on Charlton Life, Sky Sports News and even the BBC beg to differ.

• Options

It would be hilarious if he went back to Doncaster!

Could try and become the first manager relegated three seasons in a row from the same division !!!

• Options

Curbs to Wolves, you heard it here first : - )

Think they offered it to him after they sacked McCarthy, but only on a contract to the end of that season (so for 3 or 4 months). Naturally he turned them down. Idiots.
  • Options
  • Options
    It's weird WSS. That photo turning up on all the threads about managers still makes me laugh.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I remember hearing Saunders talk about how some of his players had lost the eye of the tiger and just kept repeating it. He definitely seemed a bit escaped mental patient-y at that point. After that he just seemed to unravel further. I actually felt a bit sorry for him by the end, trying to deflect criticism but finding it's impossible to protect and motivate (at least for him) players on the cusp of consecutive relegations.

In fact, I've found it:

'We’ve got players here with the knack. You always have an eye for a goal but you can lose your eye of the tiger. I’ve still got my eye for goal now but if you lose your eye of the tiger you are not actually moving to where the ball is going. It is belief and confidence. When you are scoring you have got the eye of the tiger – everywhere you run the ball bounces in front of you.'

Stop saying eye of the tiger!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    As written above, he did a good job at Doncaster, but Wolves is a totally different bag o cats and was a job requiring different managerial skills from Doncaster that Saunders didn't have and had no time to learn, so no real surprise .. I think they'll go for (if the Board and Owners have any brains left) .... Neil Warnock, a k a .. the Escapologist (If he still wants he hassle)
  • Options
    Not appointing Curbs must go down as one of the crassest and costliest board decisions of recent years; even more stupid than, first, sacking Mick McCarthy and replacing him with poor old Terry Connor and, secondly, appointing Stolbakken last Summer.

And we think ( with the benefit of hindsight, of course ) that our board made a couple of poor calls with Dowie and Pardew ! There's always some bugger worse off.

Wolves will be by far the biggest scalp by far in League 1 next year and everyone is going to be gunning for them. They'll need to buck their ideas and attitude up fast because they are in for a nasty reality check. They're going to need players with heart, as well as ability ( guys like Matt Taylor and Waggy - not that I'm wishing Wolves on them...).
  • Options
    I know getting rid of managers this early seem silly, but in this case, Saunders did genuinely seem clueless.

They should go all out for Jackett if they can, a division lower than Millwall but probably more to spend.
  • Options
    Always thought he'd struggle without The E-Street band.

• Options

I remember hearing Saunders talk about how some of his players had lost the eye of the tiger and just kept repeating it. He definitely seemed a bit escaped mental patient-y at that point. After that he just seemed to unravel further. I actually felt a bit sorry for him by the end, trying to deflect criticism but finding it's impossible to protect and motivate (at least for him) players on the cusp of consecutive relegations.

In fact, I've found it:

'We’ve got players here with the knack. You always have an eye for a goal but you can lose your eye of the tiger. I’ve still got my eye for goal now but if you lose your eye of the tiger you are not actually moving to where the ball is going. It is belief and confidence. When you are scoring you have got the eye of the tiger – everywhere you run the ball bounces in front of you.'

Stop saying eye of the tiger!

I totally agree and thought exactly the same at the time.

As written above, he did a good job at Doncaster, but Wolves is a totally different bag o cats and was a job requiring different managerial skills from Doncaster that Saunders didn't have and had no time to learn, so no real surprise .. I think they'll go for (if the Board and Owners have any brains left) .... Neil Warnock, a k a .. the Escapologist (If he still wants he hassle)

Lincs, are you auditioning to replace Dean Saunders ?
    Bag o cats ? Surely it's kettle of fish ?
  • Options
    No chance of Curbs going to Wolves. Maybe if they had stayed in the Champ, but he sees himself as a strong Prem manager and wouldn't drop down to L1 for anyone.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    @Covered End .. us Lincolnshire poachers have it as bag o cats !!! .. and managing Wolves ? .. as Keegan K said .. I'd looouuuvvvv it
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

No chance of Curbs going to Wolves. Maybe if they had stayed in the Champ, but he sees himself as a strong Prem manager and wouldn't drop down to L1 for anyone.

This is absolutely true, Curbs was on the BBC World Service last Saturday and they asked him about potential job vacancies in the summer (in the Championship) and he said whilst its nice to be linked "Everyone wants to play at the top table, the Premier League is the place to be. In fact I think I'm the 6th most experienced Premier League manager ever."

So who has managed for more years in the Prem than Curbs?

Fergie, Wenger, Moyes, Redknapp?

• Options
    I can see Wolves trying to poach Parkie, if Bradford don't go up.