Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dean Saunders sacked

2»

Comments

• Options
    DanDavis said:

Davo55 said:

No chance of Curbs going to Wolves. Maybe if they had stayed in the Champ, but he sees himself as a strong Prem manager and wouldn't drop down to L1 for anyone.

So who has managed for more years in the Prem than Curbs?

Fergie, Wenger, Moyes, Redknapp?

Big Sam, George Graham and Martin O'Neil
  • Options
    Eye
  • Options
    Owen Coyle is a good fit for Wolves. Their Chairman needs to stop trying to be clever and bring in a solid individual. Saunders was starting to sound like Steve Kean in the end, all sound-bite and no substance.
  • Options
    Wolves' big mistake was trying, in effect, to offer Curbs the job on a short term contract when they were still in the Premier League after giving Mick McCarthy the boot. The word is that he would have taken it then if they'd made a sensible ( as opposed to a half baked ) proposal. In that event, I believe they would be in a much better place than they are today and, quite conceivably, in the Premier League or in the Championship play-offs. Curbs obviously wouldn't consider them after that ( less still any team in League 1 ), although if he wants to get back in the game, I think it will be at Championship level ( I have always been puzzled by Ipswich's failure to beat a path to his door ).

I agree that Kenny Jackett would be a superb appointment for Wolves if they could get him. He is, however, likely to want to have a look at his options generally and there are, as ever, likely to be a few vacancies appearing soon.