Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Teams you struggle to admit having a soft spot for.....

Title says it all.

For me Id have to say Arsenal, if Charlton cant win the Prem then Id much rather the Arse did instead of Man U or Liverpool....

Comments

• Options
    Spurs
  • Options
    Man Utd and West Ham.
  • Options
    Pompey
  • Options
    Juventus
  • Options
    Chelsea
  • Options
    Plymouth, Manyoo and of course, Welling.
  • Options
    Welling. I have heard some of their fans say how much they loath us. One said to me that I should support my local team, to which I pointed out that is what I do. Must learn to rise above it.
  • Options
    pettgra said:

Welling. I have heard some of their fans say how much they loath us. One said to me that I should support my local team, to which I pointed out that is what I do. Must learn to rise above it.

Funny that, a Dulwich Hamlet supporting mate of mine called me a glory hunter for supporting Charlton and I should be supporting my local team, then I told him I live in Woolwich so I am. Football League teams can be your local too!
  • Options
    welling and spurs
  • Options
    arsenal
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Millwall and Palace

Man U
  • Options
    Liverpool cause they were my first team b4 I actually went to an addicks game and gravesend and northfleet but not ebbsfleet cause that's not a club it's a train station
  • Options
    Man utd. Always liked them and for glory hunters their fans can appreciate good other teams and players.
  • Options
    Arsenal
  • Options
    Watford
    Portsmouth
    Crawley
    Man City
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

pettgra said:

Funny that, a Dulwich Hamlet supporting mate of mine called me a glory hunter for supporting Charlton and I should be supporting my local team, then I told him I live in Woolwich so I am. Football League teams can be your local too!
    Exactly. The friendly itself is worth six home games to them.
  • Options
    pettgra said:

CAFCTrev said:

pettgra said:

Its odd, diehard non-league fans hate the FL teams, yet die-hard FL fans are quite happy to follow a non-league team as well....
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

pettgra said:

CAFCTrev said:

pettgra said:

Its odd, diehard non-league fans hate the FL teams, yet die-hard FL fans are quite happy to follow a non-league team as well....
    I know a bloke exactly like that - wont tolerate me talking about Charlton and is always banging on about the "real football experience" he enjoys when he's watching One Man and His Dog Utd.

• Options
    After the last few seasons I'm struggling to admit my soft spot for Sheffield wed. Stems from bolder, shirtliff, Watson and Williams playing for them.
    Never struggle to admit soft spot for man utd.
  • Options
    West Ham
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As an ex-Bromley resident, I openly admit to supporting Bromley still - one of the first results I check. I try to get to Dartford and Ebbsfleet when I can too. Of the league teams, I rather strangely like the two rivals, Spurs and Arsenal. I also have a soft spot for Leyton Orient.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I dont like Spurs or West Ham, really enjoyed watching Arsenals 5-2 comeback win again Spurs on telly last season, probably the seed of my soft spot for the gunners....
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    On a serious note, and let me explain, i've got to say Millwall.

Don't get me wrong i think they're our biggest rivals, i wish them no success, and i wouldn't say i have a soft spot for them. But i've got time for them.
    Them being the 8/9k hardcore group of fans they've got that have to put up with the constant shit that comes with supporting that club. All the bias reports against their name, being treated like a terrorist at every away game they go to, the endless unfunny stereotyping of their support you see a lot of people on here using etc.

We're only 4 miles apart, you can't hide the fact a lot Charlton/Millwall fans are the same sort of people.
    They just haven't changed with the times as much as us, and in many ways i think its refreshing to see.
  • Options

Don't get me wrong i think they're our biggest rivals, i wish them no success, and i wouldn't say i have a soft spot for them. But i've got time for them.
    Them being the 8/9k hardcore group of fans they've got that have to put up with the constant shit that comes with supporting that club. All the bias reports against their name, being treated like a terrorist at every away game they go to, the endless unfunny stereotyping of their support you see a lot of people on here using etc.

We're only 4 miles apart, you can't hide the fact a lot Charlton/Millwall fans are the same sort of people.
    They just haven't changed with the times as much as us, and in many ways i think its refreshing to see.

I hear ya, we have far more in common with Millwall then we do with Palarse or most London teams....
  • Options
    Mr. Happy said:

CAFCTrev said:

pettgra said:

CAFCTrev said:

pettgra said:

I know a bloke exactly like that - wont tolerate me talking about Charlton and is always banging on about the "real football experience" he enjoys when he's watching One Man and His Dog Utd.

It's probably the same feeling we have towards a Man United supporter from Bromley.
  • Options

Beat me to it. Don't get me wrong - I didn't exactly want them to win the cup; the day they got knocked out I had a massive grin..! (Charlton winning 6-0 and Millwall getting knocked out of the cup.. Lavely!)

But I do have time for them, and would gladly see them above Palace in the league. It's not their fault that they have to put up with a moronic element.

Aside from Millwall, I've got a soft spot for Norwich and Leyton Orient. I'd also like to see Brentford come up.

I think much of Brentford and Leyton Orient comes from the fact we've loaned players to them - there's also the obvious location too.
  • Options
    I can't see the logic in liking Arsenal because of their Woolwich connection when normally you're supposed to hate your local rivals. I mean, if they were still based in Woolwich they would be Our main rival.

I always look out fir Rangers and Ebbsfleet meself
  • Options
    to many f++kin closet gooners on here----check your fire insurance policies.
  • Options
    Pompey as I live down here, all the problems they have had and they are good loyal fans. I think we have played them more than any other club.
  • Options
    Man Utd