Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Falcao to Monaco

"La Sexta, a seemingly reliable Spanish television station reported on Thursday night that Radamel Falcao, the highly sought-after striker from Atletico Madrid, has agreed to terms on a €60 million move to Monaco"

Hope he enjoys his money whilst playing in front of 6k fans every week.

Comments

• Options
    Seriously? Thats ridiculous.
  • Options

"La Sexta, a seemingly reliable Spanish television station reported on Thursday night that Radamel Falcao, the highly sought-after striker from Atletico Madrid, has agreed to terms on a €60 million move to Monaco"

Hope he enjoys his money whilst playing in front of 6k fans every week.

Yep. Would be a pain living in Monaco.
  • Options
    are their crowds still that pony
    are they at that little 20k stadium
    haven't heard much of monaco of late

just checked wiki
    18,523 capacity
    claudio ranieri manager

they've just gone up as champions from ligue 2 having spent two seasons there
  • Options
    They're owned by a Russian billionaire (how many billionaires does Russia have!!) and just got promoted from ligue 2 with an average crowd of 5,141

Obviously the bonus for Falcao is his wages will be tax free.
  • Options
    great move for lifestyle but realistically very bad move footballing wise. Im sure Monaco can offer him a ridiculous money but so can the likes of chelsea and man city. I will be very surprised if this happens.
  • Options
    what are their away numbers like , with shit home support like that they could have a good ratio !
  • Options
    I usually defend footballers but what a money grabbing idiot if true
  • Options
    Cannot believe that with every club in the world to choose from and top money on offer left right and centre he's going there.
  • Options
    Stupid really he could play any club he wants and chooses a team in the French league, as they say money talks
  • Options

They're owned by a Russian billionaire (how many billionaires does Russia have!!) and just got promoted from ligue 2 with an average crowd of 5,141

Obviously the bonus for Falcao is his wages will be tax free.

I believe the French Football Federation wanted all clubs in the French League to have their admin base in France. This would result, as I understand it, in Monaco not having an effective tax advantage on other French teams and having to pay tax like the rest. The French also wanted to bring 75% tax on high earners, which I believe would be met by employers in footballs case.

In theory if Falcao earns £300,000 per week, and the above comes into play, Monaco could be left effectively paying £525,000 per week for Falcao.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Falcao would absolutely destroy that league.
  • Options
    Fifa ultimate team for next season will be interesting! Ibrahimovic and Falcao upfront would destroy defences #planningahead
  • Options

Stupid really he could play any club he wants and chooses a team in the French league, as they say money talks

In fairness he might not have that choice.

If the rumoured fee (60m) is correct then there won't have been too many clubs willing to pay that. United can't afford that, City don't seem to be interested or i'm sure they'd have been in for him by now. There's been lots of talk of Chelsea but Mourinho supposedly wants Lewandowski and who could blame him as he will cost less than half that. Barca don't really need him, Atletico wouldn't sell to Real and even Bayern won't pay 60m for a player.
  • Options
    Very little ambition on Falcao's part if true.
  • Options
    Is this akin to when we signed Allan Simonsen? Totally leftfield. Although Monaco have more money and European pedigree than us back then (and now).
  • Options
    Tax dodge.
  • Options
    Jarman said:

Not if you're money motivated
  • Options
    Jarman said:

What? Because it's not the Premier League. There are other leagues you know that are decent. He might not want to play at a massive club. It's personal preference.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Jarman said:

What? Because it's not the Premier League. There are other leagues you know that are decent. He might not want to play at a massive club. It's personal preference.
    Monaco have just been promoted to the top French league with average attendances of just over 5,000. He wont be playing any European football next season if he joins them, and it just happens to be a tax haven.

Doesnt look good from an 'ambitious' perspective which is what Jarman said.
  • Options

dizzee said:

Jarman said:

Monaco have just been promoted to the top French league with average attendances of just over 5,000. He wont be playing any European football next season if he joins them, and it just happens to be a tax haven.

Doesnt look good from an 'ambitious' perspective which is what Jarman said.
    Oh ok. Sorry.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He'll also pay fuck all tax and will be earning 500k-odd a week... Where else would he get that? Even at city he'd be getting taxed extortionately
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    CAFCsayer said:

He'll also pay fuck all tax and will be earning 500k-odd a week... Where else would he get that? Even at city he'd be getting taxed extortionately

£250k a week at a club playing Champs Lge football not enough then? £5m a year basic wage after tax, before endorsements, bonuses etc. It's greed over achievement and should it happen it'll be sad to see.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    So everyone would say no to an extra £250k pw?

I'm just very shallow as my ambition would be to earn as much as possible before I got on the wrong end of a career ending injury from some fuckwit from a lower league trying to make a name for himself in some meaningless cup game
  • Options

CAFCsayer said:

£250k a week at a club playing Champs Lge football not enough then? £5m a year basic wage after tax, before endorsements, bonuses etc. It's greed over achievement and should it happen it'll be sad to see.
    Asamoah gyan, stand up.
  • Options
    With French taxes for top earners going up Monaco's tax free position is getting challenged and I wouldn't be surprised to see the league rules changing very soon, to even this up.

Wonderful player. Athletico certainly seem to be able to dig up a striker.
  • Options
    Couldnt give a toss about champions league if I could earn an extra 100k p/w elsewhere. Its only football.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
  • Options

So everyone would say no to an extra £250k pw?

I'm just very shallow as my ambition would be to earn as much as possible before I got on the wrong end of a career ending injury from some fuckwit from a lower league trying to make a name for himself in some meaningless cup game

I would turn it down, yeah. This isn't £5k at a League One club v £20k at a Premier League club, it's a lot of money or lots more.

Sign a 4 year contract at one of the big clubs and it's be worth £20m guaranteed minimum, and very likely a hell of a lot more. Plus other earnings would be higher at a bigger club so that'd bridge the gap.

It's enough - I'm never working again if I don't want to. Meanwhile I can try to win the big competitions, and there aren't many chances to do that. It would matter to be more than extra millions on top of the millions I have.
  • Options
    It's a professional game. Which professional would turn down such an offer when it comes without tax too? Suspect he'll continue to build his war chest for 1 or 2 seasons max and then move to PSG (who are on the up) or to one of Europe's other elite. Whoever commented on FUT14 is right, but whilst goals will come easy, Ligue 1 has average defenders, bar Silva at PSG (who is class), so lots will give up after a few tries.
  • Options
    Pavo said:

It's a professional game. Which professional would turn down such an offer when it comes without tax too? Suspect he'll continue to build his war chest for 1 or 2 seasons max and then move to PSG (who are on the up) or to one of Europe's other elite. Whoever commented on FUT14 is right, but whilst goals will come easy, Ligue 1 has average defenders, bar Silva at PSG (who is class), so lots will give up after a few tries.

I agree with this analysis