Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

We will never ever see the like again

Alex Ferguson.

As one Old Trafford banner read "immortal"

Comments

• Options
    I thought I would never see an ending like the Brentford Donny game again, never say never!
  • Options
    It is true shg

Sir alex has been a force in english football like no other

The one thing about football is that alligances can be put to one side and you can if you have the abilty to be honest , respect things that are truely brilliant and sir alex is truely magnificant in what he achieves and how he does it

I personally will miss him from the game and what he achieved and the dominance he mastered is something i will never forget
  • Options
    Sir Alex has been a phenomenon, a true one-off. He has his faults but he is one hell of a great manager and the love of his club is obvious. I hope he has a very long and happy retirement.
  • Options
    It's going to be so odd next season seeing someone else in that dugout, managing his team
  • Options
    Brilliant manager. If one man has earned his retirement surely it's him.

Personally think he mellowed in his last few years (going by interviews etc).

• Options
    I think it is unlikely as most managers get the sack at some point! He could have - I remember us under Lenny Lawrence getting our fair share of wins against them!
  • Options
    It did occur to me watching his speech today, that if Moyes lasts as long I'll be (cough) 79 when he hangs up his tracksuit. In the context of modern football, and particularly at a club where you have to deliver trophies, it's an amazing achievement.
  • Options
    It just occurred to me that for both my sons he has been manager of Manchester United their entire lives!
  • Options
    He has been Man Utd manager for all of my life ( I'm 18) so it will be really odd seeing someone else in that dugout. Hopefully Chris Powell will last that long with us. I thought Powell's speech at the end of this season was emotional, could you imagine him in Ferguson's position with us in a few years time, would have the whole stadium blubbering.
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited May 2013
    All my life too. Just
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Showed his management style to the end when asked by Geoff shreeves about Rooney not playing

" I don't think he wanted to play tbh. He has asked for a transfer request and needed to have a few days to think about it , we won't let him go, so he needs to think about it so it was the right decision, I think he is upset about being taken off a few times recently and not playing"

No player is bigger than any club and we have just seen the last person bigger than any club to leave his

Rooney will be known for his wasted talent and his stupid antics off th field if he is not careful, he needs to get his nutt down and fight for his place not just ask to leave every couple of years
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    immortal .. immoral, God only wise .. at least his replacement is British, if not English. But there again, as most of Manchester United's rivals have so many players from latin countries, a romance language manager is necessary to get across 'the message'
  • Options
    Good riddance to the drunken bacon faced wanker.
  • Options

Showed his management style to the end when asked by Geoff shreeves about Rooney not playing

" I don't think he wanted to play tbh. He has asked for a transfer request and needed to have a few days to think about it , we won't let him go, so he needs to think about it so it was the right decision, I think he is upset about being taken off a few times recently and not playing"

No player is bigger than any club and we have just seen the last person bigger than any club to leave his

Rooney will be known for his wasted talent and his stupid antics off th field if he is not careful, he needs to get his nutt down and fight for his place not just ask to leave every couple of years

probably the only manager who could keep rooney in his place.
  • Options
    maestro said:

You have no class at all maestro,still look who you support.
  • Options
    Tremendous manager and an icon in the game, but.........Does his resignation really need all the news coverage given? Even ousting the queens speech last week from the top of the news pile. I'm fed up with hearing about him. Only a week to go then hopefully it will all die down and people will stop blowing smoke up his arse.
  • Options
    maestro said:

What a muppet. Imagine not having the intelligence or class, even for just this moment, to congratulate a man on a job very well done. People who crave attention often make bitter comments.
  • Options
    maestro said:

When you've become the number 1 individual, bar none, in the history of whatever industry you work in you might have the right to make comments like that.

But you're a w*nker, so you don't.
  • Options
    Cantona dealt with your scummy fans in the only way you understand

I have no doubt if you said what you did in your post to any utd fan face to face you too would end up like your pal

Ferguson has been a monster in english football and sometimes you just have to take your club bias away and congratulate achievment when its needed
  • Options
    I don't even like the guy, but that doesn't mean he wasn't damn good at his job. The second longest serving manager after Ferguson is still TEN YEARS less. Ten years, a whole decade. You don't get that kind of staying power by being anything less than fantastic, especially with the game changing so fast. There is not a manager in the world who could truly follow what he's done, some come closer than others but as a professional manager he is in a league of his own as far as I'm concerned.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've never been a great lover of Manchester United or Sir Alex Ferguson, but I do recognise his magnificent achievements during his 26 year reign. I doubt there will ever be another like him. I wish him a long and happy retirement.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I was expecting to see a huge false cake wheeled onto the pitch and for Lickle David Beckham to emerge (tadahhh) to make an obsequious farewell speech to his beloved old manager ... or perhaps not (:->)
  • Options
    Fantastic domination of English football, maybe should have won another European Cup to put him past Brian Clough
  • Options

Fantastic domination of English football, maybe should have won another European Cup to put him past Brian Clough

In fairness I think the Champions League is a harder trophy to win than the old European Cup
  • Options
    edited May 2013

and only equal with Bob Paisley who won it 3 times in 9 years compared to twice in 26 years. When it was a competition of real Champions not top 4 wannabees.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    When did he start speaking to the press again ?

I thought they upset him and he got all arsey and stropped off for years.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

I think it was just the BBC and that got resolved a few months ago.

• Options
    Rizzo said:

PL54 said:

I think it was just the BBC and that got resolved a few months ago.

Just before he needed all the attention he has just received ?
  • Options
    Yes because Sir Alex Ferguson announcing his retirement after 26 years at the biggest club in the world requires added efforts and favors to market. Jesus christ.
  • Options
    Crawler