Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Credit where credits due!

I know i will gets dogs abuse for this but credit where credits due Palace were excellent last night and done a professional job on Brighton. For the last 60 mins Zaha was different class.
Ian Holloway has once again proved himself as a master tactician with the resources he has at his disposal and a great motivator
I hope Palace go on and win promotion to the premier league for 3 reasons
1) Watford is closer to where i live
2) Watford is a nicer day out
3) We can laugh as palace get spanked week in week out next season

Let the abuse begin

Comments

• Options
    Agree on the credit where due, but the rest is ridiculous. Still want them to stay down, if they dont then no big deal not playing them next season but i would prefer Watford to go up.
  • Options
    I would never hope they go up. However they fully deserve their place in the final. Can not argue with that.
  • Options
    Foxtrot Oscar
  • Options
    Watford will go up after what happened at the end of their game.
  • Options
    No credit ever given to them pyjama wearing muppets.

It's like someone punching you in the face and telling them it was a good shot.....
  • Options
    Palace weren't good, Brighton were shocking. I'll give them no credit.
  • Options
    Sorry, thought this was a thread about pay day loans ;-)
    Whoever goes up will come straight back down. Not been impressed with either of them to be honest.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    No abuse from me.

Everybody is entitled to an opinion.

I happen to disagree with you as I fear that if Palace were to act sensibly financially then promotion would give them a pecuniary advantage over us which could prove impossible to bridge given the vast sums involved.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

No abuse from me.

I happen to disagree with you as I fear that if Palace were to act sensibly financially then promotion would give them a pecuniary advantage over us which could prove impossible to bridge given the vast sums involved.

Fair point
  • Options
    Credit where it's due, Watford were the third best team in the league this season. I hope they get promoted.

As for Palace I hope that whatever happens, it all turns out bad in the long run.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2013
    LenGlover said:

No abuse from me.

What if we go up? Disagree that they will be richer than us forever if they have one season in the Premier league. The money is for every promoted team every year.
  • Options
    Sink.
  • Options

LenGlover said:

No abuse from me.

What if we go up? Disagree that they will be richer than us forever if they have one season in the Premier league. The money is for every promoted team every year.

He did say if they act sensibly financially though. Parish isn't going to go spending millions like QPR chasing survival. I think they get something like 60m plus 15m a season in parachute payments. They will be in a much better position than us even if they come straight back down. We're losing 7m a season aren't we?
  • Options
    You hope Palace go up ?

Fair enough they beat Brighton, who were diabolical, but saying you hope Crystal Palace win promotion is very, very odd for a Charlton fan.
  • Options
    Palace won't get spanked, even if they do with the money they get they'll be set for years
  • Options
    Seriously. I hope they get torn up 10 nil by Watford. Bunch of t*ssers don't deserve anything as far as I am concerned.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Agreed .. I have never really got this hate thy neighbour attitude over 50 years of watching football .. let the primitive scots have their religious differences, this whole attitude of hate has overtones of postcode gangs, estate rivalry, stab your neighbours for setting foot in the wrong street.
    I am always happy when we beat our neighbours but I do not revel in their difficulties nor am I jealous of their success. As an old Temptations song says: 'Don't Let the Joneses Get You Down'
  • Options

Agreed .. I have never really got this hate thy neighbour attitude over 50 years of watching football .. let the primitive scots have their religious differences, this whole attitude of hate has overtones of postcode gangs, estate rivalry, stab your neighbours for setting foot in the wrong street.
    I am always happy when we beat our neighbours but I do not revel in their difficulties nor am I jealous of their success. As an old Temptations song says: 'Don't Let the Jonses Get You Down'

I think local rivalries have existed longer than that.

Out of interest Lincs, are you from SE London ? If not, maybe that influences your view towards Millwall/Palace ?
  • Options

I am always happy when we beat our neighbours but I do not revel in their difficulties nor am I jealous of their success. As an old Temptations song says: 'Don't Let the Jonses Get You Down'

Agree entirely. Much better things in life to get worked up about.

• Options

LenGlover said:

No abuse from me.

He did say if they act sensibly financially though. Parish isn't going to go spending millions like QPR chasing survival. I think they get something like 60m plus 15m a season in parachute payments. They will be in a much better position than us even if they come straight back down. We're losing 7m a season aren't we?
    The point i was trying to make was that if palace go up they will only be better off as Long as we never get there.

If they spend sensibley it will mean relegation. The same if we went up the following year. Spend shrewdly- get relegated. Parachute payments.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

You hope Palace go up ?

Fair enough they beat Brighton, who were diabolical, but saying you hope Crystal Palace win promotion is very, very odd for a Charlton fan.

?? I didnt realise hating palace was a condition of being a Charlton fan. My family is split between Charlton and Palace through my sisters marriage and my dad was a Millwall fan but in those days would watch Charlton if Millwall were away and we were at home
    As i said credit where credits due i like nothing better than beating both Palace and Millwall but hate, no sorry
  • Options

se9addick said:

You hope Palace go up ?

?? I didnt realise hating palace was a condition of being a Charlton fan. My family is split between Charlton and Palace through my sisters marriage and my dad was a Millwall fan but in those days would watch Charlton if Millwall were away and we were at home
    As i said credit where credits due i like nothing better than beating both Palace and Millwall but hate, no sorry
    I agree to an extent, I want Palace to lose in the final (though not that keen on Watford either) but certainly don't hate Palace in the way some here do. Over the years I've known as many Palace fans as Charlton ones, and the majority of the both clubs' fanbases are very similar.
  • Options
    To be honest it won't affect my life if Palace go up and i think i only know 3 Palace fans so it's not like i'll have it rubbed in my face either, but i don't see why anyone would a local rival to go up.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    se9addick said:

I think local rivalries have existed longer than that.

Out of interest Lincs, are you from SE London ? If not, maybe that influences your view towards Millwall/Palace ?
    I am Lewisham/Blackheath nearly born (I was actually born in Tonbridge) and bred from age nil to 25, then travelled around a LOT and moved back in the early 2000s and then to Luscious Lincs !!!. I've had my share of ballroom and street scraps but over important things like girls and money (lol), ganging up and fighting over football ... nah, not for me at all. My great granddad was Millwall even though in his later years he lived in Charlton village. He was a tough old docker. A few pints after work on Saturday then down the den for the football, 3.15 kick off, the only club that had this dispensation. I've worked, drunk, hung about with and occasionally had a ruck with or against Palace, Millwall, Chelsea, Arsenal, West Ham and Spurs lads. My eldest son was on West Ham's books for a while but never quite made the first team grade. I am Charlton through and through, don't know why, perhaps it's genetic, the colour red. That's my background .. wanna make sumfing of it ? ... (:->)
  • Options

se9addick said:

You hope Palace go up ?

It's not a condition, and I wouldn't encourage you to hate anyone. But you cannot deny we are rivals and that normally doesn't entail hoping your rival is promoted and vastly enriched whilst we career further and further into debt. Each to their own though, it's your choice if you want Palace to win at Wembley.
  • Options

Palace weren't good, Brighton were shocking. I'll give them no credit.

this, Brighton were awful.

• Options
    No Nigel love-in over here. Hope they fail against Watford, fall into financial ruin, be forced to sell their ground have have to ground share with their neighbours, Crawley. Maybe after 5 years of struggle and finding themselves playing non-league football, they're finally put out of their misery.

Well, a man can dream, can't he?........................................
  • Options

LenGlover said:

No abuse from me.

Agree with this, I worked for Parish, he and his partners are very shrewd businessmen and I can't see them doing a QPR, sadly I think they are more likely to do a WBA. I still think Watford will go up, Zaha had his moment last night, they will need him to do it again if they are going to beat Watford who I think have more quality overall.
  • Options
    Having wiped the debts in administration, banked £10mil plus add ons for Zaha and then promotion (and probable relegation in 1-2 seasons on top) they will be made for a generation.

How anyone can actually want them to get promoted is beyond me.
  • Options
    Words fail me